Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mattias_
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Mattias_ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:25 pm

This is just a guess:

- Pre DB plot. Bardock, Gine and all that.
- The saiyans were killed by Freezer.
- Many years later, the TOP is finished. Broly and Paragus were found by Emperor Freezer.
- Elmo and many others went to the cold planet, the home planet from King Cold and his family.
- Broly is there. Piccolo and Gohan starts to fight with the army. Goku and Vegeta versus Broly.
- Freezer versus Broly.
- Freezer escapes. Broly wins???
- Son Goku becames a master. Oob plot. Next movie.
POWER LEVELS: (Updated / Restored / Leveled / No multiplier nor daizenshuu wrong info)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14197&p=1519362#p1519362 Check it out if you want some information.

POWER LEVELS:

Jaco the Patrolman vol. I - XI
Dragon Ball Minus
Dragon Ball vol. I - XLII
Dragon Ball Super manga cap. 1 - ???

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Shounen wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:According to this TV spot, the movie is planned to be screened in more than 90 countries.
For the record, in the case of the Resurrection ‘F’ they talked about 74 countries.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/20/to ... countries/
As of now, more than 20 countries have been confirmed but most of them are from Latin America.

Australia (announcement by Madman)
New Zealand (announcement by Madman)
Canada
U.S.
Argentina (announcement by Cinemark Argentina)
Chile (announcement by Cinemark Chile)
Colombia (announcement by Royal Films)
Bolivia
Peru (announcement by Cinemark Perú)
Honduras (announcement by Cinemark Honduras)
El Salvador (announcement by Cinemark El Salvador)
Costa Rica (announcement by Cinemark Costa Rica)
Puerto Rico (announcement by 20th Century Fox Puerto Rico)
Nicaragua (announcement by Cinemark Nicaragua)
Guatemala (announcement by Cinemark Guatemala)
Paraguay (announcement by Cinemark Paraguay)
Mexico (announcement by Cinemex)
Brazil (announcement by Fox Film do Brasil)
Thailand (announcement by thailandfox)
Spain (Castilian Spanish language) (announcement by SelectaVisión)

I am pretty sure that there are still countries from Latin America to be added in the list but I haven't found any link with the announcement yet. So if anyone knows something more, let us know.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Sugita's interview was really fun. He seems to be such a cool guy. Didn't expect less from Gintoki talking about Dragon Ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goku regains his memory in the end and he decides to revive the Saiyan race or his parents at least.
Right now it's a competition to see which story pisses me off more - This movie or Kingdom Hearts Union X.

I still have my HunterxHunter though. <3
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Goku finally...kills a foe (Freeza). Seriously, can Freeza just die forever and can we move to the next villain? such a foe with a battle power in the between the gap of a GoD and an Angel. Or in between an Angel and the GP. I think we need some kind of magician or something crazy.

Sadly Freeza, as much as I like him, he is becoming the Joker (from Batman) of DB.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:51 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Shounen wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:According to this TV spot, the movie is planned to be screened in more than 90 countries.
For the record, in the case of the Resurrection ‘F’ they talked about 74 countries.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/20/to ... countries/
As of now, more than 20 countries have been confirmed but most of them are from Latin America.

Australia (announcement by Madman)
New Zealand (announcement by Madman)
Canada
U.S.
Argentina (announcement by Cinemark Argentina)
Chile (announcement by Cinemark Chile)
Colombia (announcement by Royal Films)
Bolivia
Peru (announcement by Cinemark Perú)
Honduras (announcement by Cinemark Honduras)
El Salvador (announcement by Cinemark El Salvador)
Costa Rica (announcement by Cinemark Costa Rica)
Puerto Rico (announcement by 20th Century Fox Puerto Rico)
Nicaragua (announcement by Cinemark Nicaragua)
Guatemala (announcement by Cinemark Guatemala)
Paraguay (announcement by Cinemark Paraguay)
Mexico (announcement by Cinemex)
Brazil (announcement by Fox Film do Brasil)
Thailand (announcement by thailandfox)
Spain (Castilian Spanish language) (announcement by SelectaVisión)

I am pretty sure that there are still countries from Latin America to be added in the list but I haven't found any link with the announcement yet. So if anyone knows something more, let us know.
All on that list except Spain, uncoincidentally handled by Toei USA.

Toei Europe are a f**king joke. Longer they wait less opportunity to market the film.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Oracle wrote:Goku finally...kills a foe (Freeza). Seriously, can Freeza just die forever and can we move to the next villain? such a foe with a battle power in the between the gap of a GoD and an Angel. Or in between an Angel and the GP. I think we need some kind of magician or something crazy.

Sadly Freeza, as much as I like him, he is becoming the Joker (from Batman) of DB.
Nah GOku dosen't kill frieza it's broly. Frieza is here to stay from now on and also broly is tecnically a new foe a reboot one. Death is meaningless in Dragon ball remember and besides killin him off again would be pointless. Wait for new villains to come for the tvshow jeez.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:53 am

Bergamo wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Well if Bardocks last stand against Frieza isnt in the movie, then consider that it might still be in Toriyama's 3 hour long movie script, but got cut off when they condensed the story down to a 100 minute film.

I dont think Toriyama wants erase that part of Bardocks history, especially when its actually part of the original manga.
It's not part of the original manga. It's part of the newer editions of the manga.
Really? The original chapter 307 had no Bardock in it? I'm curious, Is there a source of this?

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:04 am

Bergamo wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Well if Bardocks last stand against Frieza isnt in the movie, then consider that it might still be in Toriyama's 3 hour long movie script, but got cut off when they condensed the story down to a 100 minute film.

I dont think Toriyama wants erase that part of Bardocks history, especially when its actually part of the original manga.
It's not part of the original manga. It's part of the newer editions of the manga.
That's not true.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:16 am

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
Bergamo wrote:

Really? The original chapter 307 had no Bardock in it? I'm curious, Is there a source of this?
There isn't a source, because it's not true. The newer edition of the manga only has the final few chapters altered.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:23 am

mute_proxy wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
Bergamo wrote: It's not part of the original manga. It's part of the newer editions of the manga.
There isn't a source, because it's not true. The newer edition of the manga only has the final few chapters altered.
I think it's just the last chapter with some few pages added. But I think I read somewhere that the newest release of the volumes doesn't have those anymore and only used the original ending.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:29 am

Michsi wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote: Really? The original chapter 307 had no Bardock in it? I'm curious, Is there a source of this?
I think it's just the last chapter with some few pages added. But I think I read somewhere that the newest release of the volumes doesn't have those anymore and only used the original ending.
There's also a chapter before that I think, the panel placement is a bit different with Goku showing a thumbs up and Vegeta smiling. Can't really find any info on the newer releases having the original ending though, even the Full Color versions have the updated one

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:38 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Michsi wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
There's also a chapter before that I think, the panel placement is a bit different with Goku showing a thumbs up and Vegeta smiling. Can't really find any info on the newer releases having the original ending though, even the Full Color versions have the updated one
Might be. Toriyama might've corrected some panels here and there for one the later releases a couple of years ago, though I think he also specifically stated that he didn't want to do that 'cause there''d be no end to how much he'd want to correct. If it's the panel you mentioned is the one I'm thinking of, then that should be in the original too, because I have it in my volume and my volume is pretty old.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 am

Michsi wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Might be. Toriyama might've corrected some panels here and there for one the later releases a couple of years ago, though I think he also specifically stated that he didn't want to do that 'cause there''d be no end to how much he'd want to correct. If it's the panel you mentioned is the one I'm thinking of, then that should be in the original too, because I have it in my volume and my volume is pretty old.
This is the original version:
And this is the Kanzenban version used in every Japanese release since 2004:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:11 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Michsi wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
This is the original version:
And this is the Kanzenban version used in every Japanese release since 2004:

Huh, what do you know. That's pretty significant as far "correcting" goes.
Yeah, I have the first version and didn't know this part of the manga got changed as well

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 am

Please do not kill of Freeza again =(

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am

YamiGoku wrote:
That Beerus pic is something we’ve already seen. Or a few frames before the Beerus pic we’ve seen. Nothing suggests he’s gonna fight Broly
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:
That Beerus pic is something we’ve already seen. Or a few frames before the Beerus pic we’ve seen. Nothing suggests he’s gonna fight Broly
I hope not because he would wreck Broly.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
To be totally fair sometimes the fights dont feel as visually engaging because of the lack of serious damage the characters recieve, with exception of people who can regenerate.

The sheer amount of injuries that look severe compared to those that dont is a bit of a gripe I can understand.

Characters would look this beat up and keep fighting looking like this: Image

but here, they end fights looking like this: Image

Which fight looks tougher by the visual communication of the damage and hardships the characters went through by what is told? Animation is as much a visual story as it is a written one, and things like this can give the impression that somehow, the fights in Z were harder by nature of the expressed injuries. Super could up its stakes in ways other than blood, like when 18 destroyed Vegeta's arm, but for some reason won't entertain the idea of these kind of body mangling injuries and that hurts the series when much earlier parts of the dragonball story had severe injuries that felt like the stakes were upped. Gohan's ruined arm in that final kamehameha clash with cell, goku's tournament fight with Piccolo junior, Vegeta as mentioned. I think really characters could do with looking like theyve sustained more battle damage or injuries to help.

I don't necessarily think blood is the way to go, but there are ways to make the fights feel more alive by adding injuries that are more several than anime hash line bruises and a black eye for vegeta in the TOP.
Honestly, the bottom since the clothes are torn off and Goku specifically has bandages and Vegeta missing a giant chuck of his armor, something not seen in Dragon Ball before, while the above just looks like Vegeta got a gash on his forehead.

A better visual example would be this:

the top one also has ripped clothes....

But you see my point right? The severity of injuries is reduced in Super
Some tears here and there, but as I pointed out Vegeta has a giant chuck of his armor missing, making him appear more injured than he does in the pic you posted where he just looks like he has a gash on his forehead. It isn't just about blood, and it's about the overall appearance.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:24 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:
oh, ok sorry.