Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
"Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan"

"Cooler's Revenge"

"Bojack Unbound"

"Lord Slug"

"Resurrection F"

To name a few.
Those are the english titles. The Japanese ones are completely different:

"Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super-Fierce Fight"

"The Incredible Strongest vs Strongest"

"The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy"

"Super Saiyan Son Goku"

Resurrection F is the exception as said in the last page.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 am

Why is everybody assuming the enemy is yamoshi? Just because there is a Saiyan, no one can say that is yamoshi. This is like when people said black Goku was future Goten

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 am

"Saiyans: The strongest warrior race" sounds like an appropriate title to me. They said this was the theme of the movie but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that's the title too.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:59 am

Alee9977 wrote:Why is everybody assuming the enemy is yamoshi? Just because there is a Saiyan, no one can say that is yamoshi. This is like when people said black Goku was future Goten
1. It was hinted that the movie would feature a showdown that has been a long time coming. The original Super Saiyan of Legend versus Goku would definitely fit that description.

2. This Saiyan appears to have some variant of the Berserker form of Super Saiyan. You might recall that Vegeta refers to the Berserker as the "Saiyan's original form," implying that it is a more primal and ancient version of Super Saiyan. If this is true, Yamoshi was likely a Super Saiyan Berserker.

3. This new character has a Saiyan tail, which implies he is from Universe 7. But Goku, Vegeta, and Tarble are the only pure blooded Saiyans left in Universe 7. This wouldn't be the first time they just pulled another Saiyan out of nowhere, but I doubt they'd really create some random nobody Saiyan as the star of this movie.

4. This movie is supposed to explain the relationship of the Saiyans and Frieza. How would some new Saiyan we've never met do that? We know that Yamoshi started a rebellion with the other pure hearted Saiyans. Who was he rebelling against? If Yamoshi was rebelling at the time that Frieza's ancestors decided to recruit the Saiyans, that would explain a lot. It would explain why Frieza was afraid of the Super Saiyan legend and decided to nuke the whole planet, if his ancestors had firsthand experience with one.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Why is everybody assuming the enemy is yamoshi? Just because there is a Saiyan, no one can say that is yamoshi. This is like when people said black Goku was future Goten
1. It was hinted that the movie would feature a showdown that has been a long time coming. The original Super Saiyan of Legend versus Goku would definitely fit that description.

2. This Saiyan appears to have some variant of the Berserker form of Super Saiyan. You might recall that Vegeta refers to the Berserker as the "Saiyan's original form," implying that it is a more primal and ancient version of Super Saiyan. If this is true, Yamoshi was likely a Super Saiyan Berserker.

3. This new character has a Saiyan tail, which implies he is from Universe 7. But Goku, Vegeta, and Tarble are the only pure blooded Saiyans left in Universe 7. This wouldn't be the first time they just pulled another Saiyan out of nowhere, but I doubt they'd really create some random nobody Saiyan as the star of this movie.

4. This movie is supposed to explain the relationship of the Saiyans and Frieza. How would some new Saiyan we've never met do that? We know that Yamoshi started a rebellion with the other pure hearted Saiyans. Who was he rebelling against? If Yamoshi was rebelling at the time that Frieza's ancestors decided to recruit the Saiyans, that would explain a lot. It would explain why Frieza was afraid of the Super Saiyan legend and decided to nuke the whole planet, if his ancestors had firsthand experience with one.
I think you should read the Kanzenshuu translation of what Toriyama said since its more accurate. He was actually saying its a mighty foe he’s saved for the occasion. That could be someone we’ve heard of or it could be someone completely new that only Toriyama knew about in his head and now he gonna use that character.

Also, not having tails doesn’t mean they aren’t from U6. They could be from U6 of the past since they used to have tails. And judging from the promotional art and teaser, they may be hinting that its a saiyan frozen in ice.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:52 am

Toriyama has stated there will be more Saiyans in this movie than ever. So there might be a possibility, it's pure speculation at this point, there are multiple foes.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 am

As long as the vegetable puns remain as cheesy and amazing as ever, I'm game :lol:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am

It'd be rad if there was a tonne of evil saiyans the zfighters have to kill. Most saiyans are weak AF so it'd give the humans and Piccolo something to do, but I doubt that'll happen. It'll be Goku vs another person who's hair changes colour.

Toys will be sold, cards will be released... Etc etc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am

Mister_Popo wrote:Toriyama has stated there will be more Saiyans in this movie than ever. So there might be a possibility, it's pure speculation at this point, there are multiple foes.
I don't remember this particular statement, only that it will focus on the saiyan race.
TobyS wrote:It'd be rad if there was a tonne of evil saiyans the zfighters have to kill. Most saiyans are weak AF so it'd give the humans and Piccolo something to do, but I doubt that'll happen. It'll be Goku vs another person who's hair changes colour.
Given the trend, I wouldn't be surprised if the even the average saiyan will be put above them in strength. Think RoF and Piccolo and co. were just enough for Freeza's henchmen.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:

Toriyama alredy stated Yamoshi was a pure saiyan, of course, they can bring saiyans out of nowhere but it was alredy stated Yamoshi is good.
Also, anda maybe the most important thing, he is dead.
I believe that it is more probably that this saiyan is from another universe than that this saiyan is actually Yamoshi

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:28 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:But we don’t even know if the guy from the teaser is Yamoshi.
It probably isn't him, because Yamoshi was good AND he's dead.
Yes, I don't know why people insist on Yamoshi being the villain. It's clearly a new Saiyan who came out of nowhere.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

Michsi wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:Toriyama has stated there will be more Saiyans in this movie than ever. So there might be a possibility, it's pure speculation at this point, there are multiple foes.
I don't remember this particular statement, only that it will focus on the saiyan race.
TobyS wrote:It'd be rad if there was a tonne of evil saiyans the zfighters have to kill. Most saiyans are weak AF so it'd give the humans and Piccolo something to do, but I doubt that'll happen. It'll be Goku vs another person who's hair changes colour.
Given the trend, I wouldn't be surprised if the even the average saiyan will be put above them in strength. Think RoF and Piccolo and co. were just enough for Freeza's henchmen.

Translations from the first announcement in December:

"The story will revolve around the origin of the Saiyans, and feature a lot of Saiyan characters. Even more than usual, anyway."

“It looks like he's already done more image illustrations than for any movie before,” Toei stressed.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am

Mister_Popo wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Translations from the first announcement in December:

"The story will revolve around the origin of the Saiyans, and feature a lot of Saiyan characters. Even more than usual, anyway."

“It looks like he's already done more image illustrations than for any movie before,” Toei stressed.
I guess I only remember that one about the relationship between the saiyans and Freeza.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am

You know, if this movie is gonna be all about the Saiyans, then I hope it brings back the Universe 6 Saiyans like Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba. Like, I wanna see more of them, and this movie is the perfect opportunity for that.
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 am

Alee9977 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

Toriyama alredy stated Yamoshi was a pure saiyan, of course, they can bring saiyans out of nowhere but it was alredy stated Yamoshi is good.
I believe that it is more probably that this saiyan is from another universe than that this saiyan is actually Yamoshi
As I've already said in this thread a dozen times, there's no reason to assume that the new Saiyan is evil. Beerus was the main antagonist of Battle of Gods. Was he evil? Super had Hit and Jiren as main antagonists. Neither of them were evil. It's very much in the realm of possibility that the Saiyan in the trailer is another nonevil antagonist.

As for being dead, there are a million possible explanations for him being alive. Maybe Yamoshi wasn't actually killed, but had been frozen in ice like Broly was. Maybe he found a way to get his life back. Maybe he isn't alive, and it's just his wandering spirit manifesting itself.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know, if this movie is gonna be all about the Saiyans, then I hope it brings back the Universe 6 Saiyans like Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba. Like, I wanna see more of them, and this movie is the perfect opportunity for that.
I think that's probably what's gonna happen, especially after the Vegeta-Cabba-Sadala subplot of the ToP. Maybe it has something to do with it
Get Fucked, C_unt

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

If the Saiyan villain has a tail, so we can assume he's from Universe 7.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:06 pm

I’m calling it. Saiyans and the Frieza race were originally apart of a different universe.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Toys will be sold, cards will be released... Etc etc.
I agree that is more likely unfortunately. But I'm hopeful the former is actually the case, as that would be a simple and pretty cool way to included them along.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

As I've already said in this thread a dozen times, there's no reason to assume that the new Saiyan is evil. Beerus was the main antagonist of Battle of Gods. Was he evil? Super had Hit and Jiren as main antagonists. Neither of them were evil. It's very much in the realm of possibility that the Saiyan in the trailer is another nonevil antagonist.

As for being dead, there are a million possible explanations for him being alive. Maybe Yamoshi wasn't actually killed, but had been frozen in ice like Broly was. Maybe he found a way to get his life back. Maybe he isn't alive, and it's just his wandering spirit manifesting itself.
What Super needs is a villain. We’ve only had one original villain in all of Super so far because they’ve been spending their time on Tournaments. I hope we get an actually malicious character so this movie can have a little more tension, something Super as a whole has been lacking in for the most part. Having some fight where nothing is at stake is boring.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"