Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheOne » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Amir wrote:The fact that LSSJ Broly barely shows up and when he does he gets stomped is really bad and disappointing.

Looks like the fusion multiplier now makes any GOD transformation look like shit. Base Gogeta can destroy 2 SSJB lmao.

What was the point of SSJ God, they should have used Gogeta to fight Beerus.
Honestly, I expected Broly to go LSS and THEN Goku and Vegeta fuse, not them fusing before the fact.

A decent amount questions come from this now. Not sure about Base Gogeta > SSB Goku or Vegeta, but SS Gogeta > SSB Goku or Vegeta for sure now.

Here's what makes sense from this:
*The fusion multiplier of X times Y's power makes sense (bottom of the page). (I'm just gonna assume Gogeta and Vegetto are equal in power - not interested in that debate at all).
*Kefla overpowering SSB Goku makes sense.

Here's what doesn't make sense from this:
*SSG Goku vs Beerus. Gogeta or Vegetto would have stood a better chance then.
*Most importantly in my opinion, the entire Vegetto vs Buu fight. Buu shouldn't have been able to even touch Vegetto. All those powerscaling issues in Super? Also apparent in the manga now thanks to these developments.
First off, who said that LSS appears AFTER Gogeta? The trailer showed LSS Broly appearing in front of SSB Goku.

Second, in what world does a base fusion not be stronger than the two when they’re separate? I can’t think of a single fusion where a full power individual is comparable to the base version of their fusion. I know you didn’t say that he wasn’t stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta, but it shouldn’t even be up in the air. Power scaling is Super is definitely messed up, but that’s something they haven’t truly messed up. Aside from nerfing Gotenks.
How i predict the tournament will end:

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:19 am

People who already watched the movie said he appears after they fuse.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 am

FlpShimizu wrote:People who already watched the movie said he appears after they fuse.
who?

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:47 am

TheOne wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Amir wrote:The fact that LSSJ Broly barely shows up and when he does he gets stomped is really bad and disappointing.

Looks like the fusion multiplier now makes any GOD transformation look like shit. Base Gogeta can destroy 2 SSJB lmao.

Honestly, I expected Broly to go LSS and THEN Goku and Vegeta fuse, not them fusing before the fact.

A decent amount questions come from this now. Not sure about Base Gogeta > SSB Goku or Vegeta, but SS Gogeta > SSB Goku or Vegeta for sure now.

*The fusion multiplier of X times Y's power makes sense (bottom of the page). (I'm just gonna assume Gogeta and Vegetto are equal in power - not interested in that debate at all).

*Most importantly in my opinion, the entire Vegetto vs Buu fight. Buu shouldn't have been able to even touch Vegetto. All those powerscaling issues in Super? Also apparent in the manga now thanks to these developments.
First off, who said that LSS appears AFTER Gogeta? The trailer showed LSS Broly appearing in front of SSB Goku.

Second, in what world does a base fusion not be stronger than the two when they’re separate? I can’t think of a single fusion where a full power individual is comparable to the base version of their fusion. I know you didn’t say that he wasn’t stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta, but it shouldn’t even be up in the air. Power scaling is Super is definitely messed up, but that’s something they haven’t truly messed up. Aside from nerfing Gotenks.
It doesn't matter if it never happened, because it should. It was already established in BoG that SSJ God >>>> Potara Multiplier.

Not only is that a plot hole but also in previous cases like Base Vegito being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, there was no insane God transformation. We're talking about SSJB here. It's now so insignificant.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Wait, why say the smallest of his family? King Cold is dead. It doesn’t seem like there are female’s in Freeza’s race so that excludes any mother he may have. And even if Freeza is counting King Cold despite him being dead, thats not really something you say. Saying “the smallest in the family” gives off the sense that Freeza is smaller than a number of people and not just one person. So many he really DOES have a brother?

I’m probably looking too much into this.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:44 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait, why say the smallest of his family? King Cold is dead. It doesn’t seem like there are female’s in Freeza’s race so that excludes any mother he may have. And even if Freeza is counting King Cold despite him being dead, thats not really something you say. Saying “the smallest in the family” gives off the sense that Freeza is smaller than a number of people and not just one person. So many he really DOES have a brother?

He was referencing Cooler

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Wait, why say the smallest of his family? King Cold is dead. It doesn’t seem like there are female’s in Freeza’s race so that excludes any mother he may have. And even if Freeza is counting King Cold despite him being dead, thats not really something you say. Saying “the smallest in the family” gives off the sense that Freeza is smaller than a number of people and not just one person. So many he really DOES have a brother?

If he says "family" then yeah, that just means he has brothers/sisters, cousins, maybe a mother somewhere in the universe. Keep in mind that Freza_sama watched the movie once so maybe Freezer says something else like that. I think that's where the misconception of Cooler being mentioned in the movie came from.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 am

Well, that's weird:
https://youtu.be/GFhlSNT1_Lc?t=1375

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:57 am

TheRed259 wrote:Well, that's weird:
https://youtu.be/GFhlSNT1_Lc?t=1375
I heard that Freeza kills Paragus and then blames Paragus’s death on Broly, Goku, and Vegeta’s fighting.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I heard that Freeza kills Paragus and then blames Paragus’s death on Broly, Goku, and Vegeta’s fighting.
Yes, but why he kills him?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 am

TheRed259 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I heard that Freeza kills Paragus and then blames Paragus’s death on Broly, Goku, and Vegeta’s fighting.
Yes, but why he kills him?
He remembers that killing Krillin on Namek unlocked Goku’s ssj power. So he kills Paragus to try to unlock SSJ Broly so that he can beat down on Goku and Vegeta

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:

Means there is still hope for Cooler in the future if they mention Frieza has family. Also King Cold is both Frieza's father and mother, he produced Frieza asexually

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 am

CTAkuma wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:

Means there is still hope for Cooler in the future if they mention Frieza has family. Also King Cold is both Frieza's father and mother, he produced Frieza asexually
I’d assume Freeza’s race is asexual but has that every really been confirmed?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait, why say the smallest of his family? King Cold is dead. It doesn’t seem like there are female’s in Freeza’s race so that excludes any mother he may have. And even if Freeza is counting King Cold despite him being dead, thats not really something you say. Saying “the smallest in the family” gives off the sense that Freeza is smaller than a number of people and not just one person. So many he really DOES have a brother?

No, it hasn't been confirmed. That's just speculation. In the Namek arc though Freeza mentioned his "parents." As in, he has multiple parents.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 am

Amir wrote:
TheOne wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Honestly, I expected Broly to go LSS and THEN Goku and Vegeta fuse, not them fusing before the fact.

It doesn't matter if it never happened, because it should. It was already established in BoG that SSJ God >>>> Potara Multiplier.

Not only is that a plot hole but also in previous cases like Base Vegito being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, there was no insane God transformation. We're talking about SSJB here. It's now so insignificant.

Here’s the problem with your statement. There’s no way that Kale and Caulifla were stronger than SSJ3 Goku and SS2 Vegeta towards the end of Buu arc. Especially with the way he man handled them at SSG. But somehow, Kefla base form made SSG look helpless? During the fight with Beerus, yeah he made the statement that fusion wouldn’t work. I haven’t forgotten that. But it’s pretty clear now that it was poor excuse to have Goku learn a new transformation.

SSB is as strong as the plot calls for. Yeah technically it’s supposed to be miles ahead of SSJ, but they’ll nerf it as much as they see fit to fit their plot. You can’t expect them to stay true to power scaling in this series. The second Roshi was reintroduced after missing all of Z, all hope was lost.

Something on topic. I’m looking forward to watching Broly next month. I’m still trying to figure out how to get tickets here in Japan.
How i predict the tournament will end:

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:13 am

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Means there is still hope for Cooler in the future if they mention Frieza has family. Also King Cold is both Frieza's father and mother, he produced Frieza asexually
No, it hasn't been confirmed. That's just speculation. In the Namek arc though Freeza mentioned his "parents." As in, he has multiple parents.
It's not just specualtion there is evidence that King Cold is his only parent, as the plural form of parents doesn't exist in Japanese and Frieza never once mentioned having something like a mother in the original Japanese

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 am

On what basis did Freeza even think putting broly vs Goku and Vegeta would be smart?

There’s no way he could have foreseen the absurd improvement broly made, hell Freeza didn’t even know that broly couldn’t go ss yet. Even the oozaru ikari stuff was unexpected.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

Yeah, base Gogeta being that strong broke power scalling... Again. I thought before all of this started he'd need to start the fight at SSG to not get stomped.

I get the feeling that if the anime re-telling happens, Broly will put up a better fight, kinda like it happened with Freeza in RoF.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It's not that fusion was higher than ssjg at the time of BoG is that small gains for Goku and Vegeta are huge gains for Gogeta.

A post God Gogeta is much stronger than a pre god gogeta than a post god goku and vegeta are than pre god goku and vegeta.
So, what, the stronger the guys doing the fusion dance, the higher the fusion multiplier? 'Cause that's the only way to explain this, either that or fusion dance's multiplier was always that big and Goku is a dumbass for not considering to use it instead of Potara to deal with Beerus.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Wait, why say the smallest of his family? King Cold is dead. It doesn’t seem like there are female’s in Freeza’s race so that excludes any mother he may have. And even if Freeza is counting King Cold despite him being dead, thats not really something you say. Saying “the smallest in the family” gives off the sense that Freeza is smaller than a number of people and not just one person. So many he really DOES have a brother?

You might be, it's possible that Freeza just has other relatives who aren't worth talking aboutoverall, like cousins or uncles or grandparents.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 am

CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I’d assume Freeza’s race is asexual but has that every really been confirmed?
It's not just specualtion there is evidence that King Cold is his only parent, as the plural form of parents doesn't exist in Japanese and Frieza never once mentioned having something like a mother in the original Japanese
That's still just speculation. There's absolutely nothing stating that he is asexual or even implying it. He could easily have a mother that we just never heard about