Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm

For those who have been following the Controversy, Vic Mignogna has officially been fired by Funimation. He will no longer Voice Broly

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm

jcogginsa wrote:For those who have been following the Controversy, Vic Mignogna has officially been fired by Funimation. He will no longer Voice Broly
His voice acting career is essentially over. All of his major roles got recast by now.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's been a while since I have seen the film now so I think I am comfortable in saying that I think Broly is the best thing to come out of this franchise by far!
Didn't you REALLY like the ToP IIRC? You'd say Broly is better?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

FUNimation isn't going to delay and redub Super Broly? They fired Vic Mignogna so I suppose there's a chance for them to distance from Vic, if they feel like it.

Even in such a terrible situation which feels very much like a witch hunt against Vic, it shows the true colors of FUNimation VAs. As artists, they're great but as people.. er.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:FUNimation isn't going to delay and redub Super Broly? They fired Vic Mignogna so I suppose there's a chance for them to distance from Vic, if they feel like it.

Even in such a terrible situation which feels very much like a witch hunt against Vic, it shows the true colors of FUNimation VAs. As artists, they're great but as people.. er.
The Accusations against Vic are fairly legit. It's not a witch hunt

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 am

jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:FUNimation isn't going to delay and redub Super Broly? They fired Vic Mignogna so I suppose there's a chance for them to distance from Vic, if they feel like it.

"Fairly legit" saying "I heard someone say..." or making up false accusations isn't "fairly legit". Imagine someone claiming you raped him/her without evidence.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:

"Fairly legit" saying "I heard someone say..." or making up false accusations isn't "fairly legit". Imagine someone claiming you raped him/her without evidence.
Imagine dozens of people saying it for nearly a decade.

Understand the REALITY that False Accusations are tremendously more rare than Genuine allegations, to the point that you should never assume an allegation is fake unless you have actual evidence pointing to that outcome

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 am

jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: The Accusations against Vic are fairly legit. It's not a witch hunt

Understand the REALITY that False Accusations are tremendously more rare than Genuine allegations, to the point that you should never assume an allegation is fake unless you have actual evidence pointing to that outcome
Your logic is false. We should not assume ANYTHING until fully proven, which ofcourse never will, since camera or photo evidence will usually stay confidential. This man’s life is practically destroyed now. Same with the kids wearing MAGA heads in the news.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 am

PFM18 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's been a while since I have seen the film now so I think I am comfortable in saying that I think Broly is the best thing to come out of this franchise by far!
Didn't you REALLY like the ToP IIRC? You'd say Broly is better?
Yes I did and yes I do! I am still enjoying the U.S arc via the dub re-watch very much however Broly took me be surprise narratively, I didn't expect to walk away thinking Freeza was one of the best parts of the movie or that I actually liked Broly or the fact they fixed fusion (in the sense of it not timing out) but the major clincher being the fact the movie wasn't about our heroes that much but the titular character and most things happened from his perspective, people have been saying there is a "lack of tension" in the film but the film is meant to be seen through the perspective of Broly for example the final brawl had dramatic music playing yet Gogeta had the complete control so evidently it was for Broly and I didn't know if he was gonna survive or not so I did feel that scene for Broly and relief came when Cheelai wished him back to Vampa.

There is also the technical aspects of the film aswell, designs, animation, direction etc

I don't think anything in the franchise compares to this film, there are some issues I have though like Bulma's non role, role.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:41 am

jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: The Accusations against Vic are fairly legit. It's not a witch hunt

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? The burden of proof is on the ones who make the claims, NOT who the claims are against. This applies to accusations of ALL crimes, not just sexual ones.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? The burden of proof is on the ones who make the claims, NOT who the claims are against. This applies to accusations of ALL crimes, not just sexual ones.
There's been tons of people coming out against him. Broly fans refuse to see the light.
Feels over Reals.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Imagine dozens of people saying it for nearly a decade.

Dude, just because millions of people think something is true doesn't necessarily make it actually true. Many can believe a lie as if it's a fact because they were taught by their parents, friends, teachers or saw it on the TV.

No evidence, it's just hearsay.
RedHeat wrote:There's been tons of people coming out against him. Broly fans refuse to see the light.
The light? Mignogna has been vilified to hell and back and where's evidence of all those so-called victims? Come on.

I'm not even a fan of Vic or Broly (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one) but being that tons of people are making false accusations against a person without proof and companies actually supporting them so that they don't look bad, it's just ridiculous.

Imagine if a woman claimed that I was the father of her child and thus I had to pay her god damn child support. Would I do so because some woman told me I'm the father and I've never seen her before in my life? No. I'd want to do tests and have evidence, knowingly that'd be all bullshit so she'd get free money but at least she wouldn't make absurd claims anymore.

Vic Mignona's voice acting career is more or less over. I just hope he can recover and not fall deep into depression.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 pm

If scientific proof is what you want to believe the word of dozens of people who have interacted with him over sixteen years perhaps this is not the community for you.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Cool it with those posts, lads. You won't effect any sort of change posting here and will only risk bans.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Some 1080p DBS: Broly screenshots for whoever wants them.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:48 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:Imagine dozens of people saying it for nearly a decade.

Dude, just because millions of people think something is true doesn't necessarily make it actually true. Many can believe a lie as if it's a fact because they were taught by their parents, friends, teachers or saw it on the TV.

No evidence, it's just hearsay.
RedHeat wrote:There's been tons of people coming out against him. Broly fans refuse to see the light.
The light? Mignogna has been vilified to hell and back and where's evidence of all those so-called victims? Come on.

I'm not even a fan of Vic or Broly (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one) but being that tons of people are making false accusations against a person without proof and companies actually supporting them so that they don't look bad, it's just ridiculous.

Imagine if a woman claimed that I was the father of her child and thus I had to pay her god damn child support. Would I do so because some woman told me I'm the father and I've never seen her before in my life? No. I'd want to do tests and have evidence, knowingly that'd be all bullshit so she'd get free money but at least she wouldn't make absurd claims anymore.

Vic Mignona's voice acting career is more or less over. I just hope he can recover and not fall deep into depression.
Agreed. It doesn’t matter HOW MANY people claim something to be true. We need evidence. For all we know it’s a giant conspiracy to destroy an individual’s life. Some who are reading this may think it’s far fetched. And while that is true, it’s still certainly possible! And interracting with humans have taught me to be disrustful of them. The truth is almost never found in the majority afterall. (Just look at how many people still believe in insane abrahamic religions that are now disproved and outdated by scientific data) People are potentially capable of quite literally everything.

If we live in an age and world where we requier no evidence at all, to get someone fired, arrested or charged, than i don’t want to live here any longer! Because anyone can get anyone arrested for any reason at all if they so will it. And no authorities will critically investigate the truth level of these claims. Saying: “But 20 people saw this and were there so they can testify” should not be considered proper evidence in court imo. Only camera evidence will suffice! Because that’s the only true evidence.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm

DHM211 wrote:Some 1080p DBS: Broly screenshots for whoever wants them.
Thanks! Where did you get these?

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Why do you think it's only "Broly" fans?
JohnnyCashKami wrote: (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one)
That's debatable tbh.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Thanks! Where did you get these?
The movie was very briefly posted on Amazon UK.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Appreciate the pics.

I'm just waiting for the Japanese sub Blu Ray release announcement.