Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Planet Vegeta was a birthday gift from Cold to young Freeza :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 pm

So it seems Toriyama does not intend to make Broly a Galaxy Buster like on his actual first movie, right? I think it's a good decision, though this Broly probably doesn't hate Goku as his original counterpart did, which for me is a loss, I always appreciated the hatred Broly had towards him.

Doctor. wrote:I'll laugh if they wish the Saiyans back for any reason.
Suddenly Freeza becomes the most morally upstanding person in this universe.
Goku's "They died because of it" is a bit strange... Didn't Vegeta told him that Freeza was the one responsible for killing the Saiyans? It almost like he still believed it was a meteor...
Shaddy wrote:Given how mini Goku has been aged slightly for the film, changing Vegeta's chronological (not physical mind you, time chamber and such) age from ~48 to ~41 isn't too huge a leap.
Still wouldn't be unnecessary retcon, regardless.
Last edited by Noah on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Noah wrote:
Goku's "They died because of it" is a bit strange... Didn't Vegeta told him that Freeza was the one responsible for killing the Saiyans? It almost like he still believed it was a meteor... s.
No, he means it in a "they were bad people who got what was coming to them" sort of way. Acknowledging that while he is fighting to avenge them, he is under no illusions the Saiyan's were anything more than asshole victims at absolute most.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Noah wrote:So it seems Toriyama does not intend to make Broly a Galaxy Buster like on his actual first movie, right? I think it's a good decision, though this Broly probably doesn't hate Goku as his original counterpart which for me is a loss, I always appreciated the hatred Broly had towards him.

Goku's "They died because of it" is a bit strange... Didn't Vegeta told him that Freeza was the one responsible for killing the Saiyans? It almost like he still believed it was a meteor...
Shaddy wrote:Given how mini Goku has been aged slightly for the film, changing Vegeta's chronological (not physical mind you, time chamber and such) age from ~48 to ~41 isn't too huge a leap.
Still wouldn't be unnecessary retcon, regardless.
Where are you getting this from?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Miracles wrote:Where are you getting this from?
If this turns out to be true:
TheRed259 wrote:
Then Broly is just a strong dude, but that never ever had destroyed any Galaxy like in Movie 8 where King Kai stated he did it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:22 pm

I figured Freeza was a child during the destruction of Vegeta. His voice sounded more high, and he was much more shorter. That scene with Cold and Freeza being presented for the Saiyans seemed like Cold giving Freeza some kind of “gift” to reign upon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:Where are you getting this from?
If this turns out to be true:
TheRed259 wrote:
Then Broly is just a strong dude, but that never ever had destroyed any Galaxy like in Movie 8 where King Kai stated he did it.
How does that define his strength weaker than a galaxy buster?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Noah wrote:Then Broly is just a strong dude, but that never ever had destroyed any Galaxy like in Movie 8 where King Kai stated he did it.
You do know that busting Galaxies is rather unimpressive at this point and universe busting was a thing in BoG right?

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Planet Vegeta was a birthday gift from Cold to young Freeza :lol:
Lol I would actually die if Freeza is initially apprehensive about killing off the Saiyans for Beerus. Not his precious little monkeys :D

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Noah wrote:Then Broly is just a strong dude, but that never ever had destroyed any Galaxy like in Movie 8 where King Kai stated he did it.
You do know that busting Galaxies is rather unimpressive at this point and universe busting was a thing in BoG right?
pretty sure the universe busting line was super exclusive and not in the original movie, but I know where you are coming from

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So what planet could the background of this be? Doesn't look like Earth or Vegeta. Maybe Vampa didn't they said it had some significance?
Either Vampa at night or its just some baackground with a tint of green since its Broly and isn’t an actual place in the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Does anyone think there will be a 3rd trailer on nov 14 the day they'll have a premier in it?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Noah wrote:Then Broly is just a strong dude, but that never ever had destroyed any Galaxy like in Movie 8 where King Kai stated he did it
This Broly obviously could destroy a galaxy easily(or for that matter the Universe) but it is kind of a pointless scene for him to get pissed off at a random galaxy and blow it up.

Considering that the even the SSJ Vegeta that Broly initially charges makes BoG SSG Goku look like a pathetic bitch, being able to destroy the Universe isn't even noteworthy at this point.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
pretty sure the universe busting line was super exclusive and not in the original movie, but I know where you are coming from
It doesn't matter if it was super exclusive. That's a distinction that doesn't really mean anything. Especially since this is a Dragon Ball Super Movie.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Miracles wrote:How does that define his strength weaker than a galaxy buster?
CTAkuma wrote:You do know that busting Galaxies is rather unimpressive at this point and universe busting was a thing in BoG right?
You guys missed my point, sure this version of Broly is stronger than his Movie 8 counterpart, no matter his feats. What I meant is that probably Toriyama doesn't intend to show something of that magnitude to hype his character, like Toei did in past. Which for me is good.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Either Vampa at night or its just some baackground with a tint of green since its Broly and isn’t an actual place in the movie
Who the f is Vampa?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Noah wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Either Vampa at night or its just some baackground with a tint of green since its Broly and isn’t an actual place in the movie
Who the f is Vampa?
Planet Banpa (Bumper/Bumpa, or Vampa (vampire), or whatever else the pun is) is the planet Broly and Paragus have been hanging out on for the last few decades.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Alright so this new Saiyan Beat, I see some speculation that he actually survives to present day with Paragus on that distant planet. What if he was sparring with Broly during this time and was actually decently strong, and one of the fodder characters(non-Goku/Vegeta) fought him? Like maybe they are looking for that 7th Dragon Ball and both Piccolo and the Beat guy come across it and then they fight for it or something like that. Or they just find some excuse to find each other and Piccolo actually does something because generally speaking at this point in the series Goku/Vegeta are the only ones that are real fighters.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Planet Vegeta was a birthday gift from Cold to young Freeza :lol:
I actually hope this happens. That would be hilarious.

I was hoping for more out of this month's V-Jump. Odd how that image I posted wasn't actually from V-Jump. Where could it have been from?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Such an important event reduced to a mere and literally child's play. :|
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Yup, it fits Dragon Ball perfectly. King Kai's planet was shrunk over a game of hide-and-seek. The first wish ever made on the items the series was named after was a pair of panties. Dragon Ball is childish. It's made for children.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:40 am

Grimlock wrote:
Such an important event reduced to a mere and literally child's play. :|
Why would that even be an issue?

It just furthers the idea of how evil Frieza and his family is. Being so evil and powerful to where you can enslave an entire race and let your child rule over them. Knowing there’s absolutely nothing those people can do to stop you.
How i predict the tournament will end: