Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Cheelai's and Lemo's background :
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Galan007 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
You sure? I only ask because that is contradictory to what Geekdom said yesterday...
It's from Freza-sama, a french girl who lives in Japan who saw the movie, she confirmed it.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Cheelai's and Lemo's background :
Could you tell me what happen to these two at the end and what did they do in the movie?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:32 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Galan007 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
You sure? I only ask because that is contradictory to what Geekdom said yesterday...
It's from Freza-sama, a french girl who lives in Japan who saw the movie, she confirmed it.
But that contradicts the summary of a guy in Narutoforums (he says he knows Japanese and watched the movie)

I mean, if even the Soul Punisher did not defeat Broly, how would Gogeta end it with a Kamehameha, as it says in the summary?
It is also said that Broly LSSJ was no match for Gogeta SSB

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Galan007 wrote: You sure? I only ask because that is contradictory to what Geekdom said yesterday...
But that contradicts the summary of a guy in Narutoforums (he says he knows Japanese and watched the movie)

I mean, if even the Soul Punisher did not defeat Broly, how would Gogeta end it with a Kamehameha, as it says in the summary?

Could be like the devilmite beam in that it didn’t work cause this Broly isn’t evil

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm

sooooooooooo Broly went non- Oozaru but have the Oozaru strength while under SSJ?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:42 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Galan007 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:

Unless she is fluent I wouldn’t take her word for it.

It contradicts both what The guy at Narutofan says who is apparently fluent (and his very detailed summary points to that) and what Ken’s friend posted.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Not sure how I feel of Frieza being still alive and recurring. He should remain dead. He's going to commit genocide again

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Galan007 wrote: You sure? I only ask because that is contradictory to what Geekdom said yesterday...

Freza_sama is considered to be the best source in France and she speaks fluent japanese. I don't see how it does contradict the summary of that guy... the Soul Punisher only works against evil people.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:It's from Freza-sama, a french girl who lives in Japan who saw the movie, she confirmed it.

Freza_sama is considered to be the best source in France. I don't see how it does contradict the summary of that guy... the Soul Punisher only works against evil people.
So if Soul Punisher works the same way in this movie, I think it makes sense that it does not defeat Broly.

But has she posted any summary of the film either, or is she just posting some spoilers?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:It's from Freza-sama, a french girl who lives in Japan who saw the movie, she confirmed it.

Freza_sama is considered to be the best source in France and she speaks fluent japanese. I don't see how it does contradict the summary of that guy... the Soul Punisher only works against evil people.

In that case can you link to her summary. I just find it strange she is the only one who mentions this from all
the spoilers out there.

If it is a video I’ll ask my French friend to translate .

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

In that case can you link to her summary. I just find it strange she is the only one who mentions this from all
the spoilers out there.

This is her twitter https://twitter.com/Freza_sama
She was talking in a live stream and I was translating what she was saying and I posted some of the stuff she said in this thread.

There's a french summary here https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... ly-resume/
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Freza_sama is considered to be the best source in France and she speaks fluent japanese. I don't see how it does contradict the summary of that guy... the Soul Punisher only works against evil people.

the spoilers out there.

She was talking in a live stream and I was translating what she was saying and I posted some of the stuff she said in this thread.

There's a french summary here https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... ly-resume/

Just want to let you know there is nothing about Soul Punisher in that summary either and again it says SSB completely domaintes Broly. Are you sure maybe you didn’t mishear?

I am not saying your info is wrong but sometimes to create accuracy it’s better to link exactly where info came from. Even a live stream should be saved somewhere so we can hear it again and verify the info.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:06 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Freza_sama is considered to be the best source in France and she speaks fluent japanese. I don't see how it does contradict the summary of that guy... the Soul Punisher only works against evil people.

the spoilers out there.

Here do people a favor, give her M12 soul punisher clip and show it to her and ask her if that was on the movie, simple that yea or nah lol

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

ssj4 wrote:Not sure how I feel of Frieza being still alive and recurring. He should remain dead. He's going to commit genocide again
Nah looks like they are keeping him around.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

the spoilers out there.

Just want to let you know there is nothing about Soul Punisher in that summary either and again it says SSB completely domaintes Broly. Are you sure maybe you didn’t mishear?

I am not saying your info is wrong but sometimes to create accuracy it’s better to link exactly where info came from. Even a live stream should be saved somewhere so we can hear it again and verify the info.
It's not mentionned in the summary, they will probably edit it and add more details later. But Freza_sama said that in a livestream but is not on Youtube right now so I can't post the video. I'm french btw so I can easily understand what she is saying.

EDIT: here's the livestream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhY3yXJxMbE but the video has been cut off for some reason, it lasted for 3 hours not 2.
Last edited by BrolyKale on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 pm

sooooooooooo anyone want to verify me Broly went non- Oozaru but have the Oozaru strength while under SSJ? been hearing that floating around a little bit

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:This is her twitter https://twitter.com/Freza_sama

It's not mentionned in the summary, they will probably edit it and add more details later. But Freza_sama said that in a livestream but is not on Youtube right now so I can't post the video. I'm french btw so I can easily understand what she is saying.

In that case when something comes out that confirms Soul Punisher please post if so we can verify it.

And note sometimes I mishear things in English

If anyone wants to ask her on twitter to confirm I guess go for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:14 pm

I think the story of this movie could benefit immensely from a retelling. It could flesh out the characters much more with the extra time, include the other entire HALF of Toriyama's script, could fix continuity issues with the anime by including SSBE/SSBKK, and it could hopefully fix all of the issues revolving around the wishes in the movie.(Shenron granting one wish and Freeza's wish being to get 5 cm taller)

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:This is her twitter https://twitter.com/Freza_sama

It's because this is the summary of Ken Xyro that was translated into French, I just read a little bit now.

I'm also not doubting this source, I'm just pointing out that this summary of Ken Xyro has some considerable and strange differences regarding Narutoforums summary, especially in battle scenes. As Goku and Vegeta SSB against Rage Broly and not against SSJ Broly, as we saw in the trailer, and the part of the fight between Vegeta SSG and Broly (in which Ken Xyro says that Broly defeats Vegeta, while in the other summary it is said that SSG Vegeta dominates Broly until he used the Rage form)