Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:43 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Toei Animation is teaming up with fathom events to have theaters air old dbz movies./tv specials Out of all the movies they could choose, they chose:

Bardock: The Father of Goku
Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan
And
Fusion Reborn

Crackpot theory: Toei already knows the story of the movie and the movies/tv specials they chose to have aired are clues. The Broly movie hints at the Super saiyan of legend (Yamoshi) is somehow related to the events of the movie. The Bardock special, hints at getting more saiyan backstory and their history with Freeza (and maybe Bardock makes a flashback appearance). And Fusion Reborn hints at... Gogeta??
I rather to have a glimpse of Goku Mastered UI in the final battle than Vegetto/Gogeta, but that's just me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Toei Animation is teaming up with fathom events to have theaters air old dbz movies./tv specials Out of all the movies they could choose, they chose:

And
Fusion Reborn

Crackpot theory: Toei already knows the story of the movie and the movies/tv specials they chose to have aired are clues. The Broly movie hints at the Super saiyan of legend (Yamoshi) is somehow related to the events of the movie. The Bardock special, hints at getting more saiyan backstory and their history with Freeza (and maybe Bardock makes a flashback appearance). And Fusion Reborn hints at... Gogeta??

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToeiAnimatio ... 8022488064
As crazy as it sounds, surely these movies weren't picked by accident. If this is true then having Gogeta Blue or even UI is a very powerful way to get people talking and not only going back to see the movie again but also taking others with them.

I can't wait to see all the youtube videos saying it's "confirmed". :lol:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I feel like they probably chose these because they're some of if not the most popular of the original 13 DBZ movies, plus Bardock.
I think this is more likely but there's no denying the similarities between them and the new movie's plot so it's worth keeping in mind that Gogeta could be a possibility, especially with him being a fan favorite and modern DB revolving around fan service.
Michsi wrote:please don't look for a way to add Bardock and Broly. Please!
Yeah cause we don't have enough fan service as it is. :lolno:
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

And
Fusion Reborn

I rather to have a glimpse of Goku Mastered UI in the final battle than Vegetto/Gogeta, but that's just me.
If we were to get Gogeta, i’d assume we would see UI Gogeta but UI Goku is good enough anyways.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Absolutely no fusions at all please oh please. Bandai will have such a massive boner and they'll ruin all of the movies marketing. They're already ruining this autumn with stupid unnecessary Gogeta/Vegetto shit & the last thing we need is for either one of them to appear in the movie.

For the life of me I'll never understand why the fusions are popular they barely appear and hardly accomplished anything. Such a woeful fan servicey gimmick Toriyama introduced especially since the Buu arc in the end didn't even had fusions resolve the threat!

If they appear they better finish the damn job, if they appear solely for fan service like Vegetto Blue (thanks Toyotaro!) I'll be 10x as f**king pissed.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For the life of me I'll never understand why the fusions are popular they barely appear and hardly accomplished anything.
The very few times they showed up is why they're popular, they're not seen that much so fans appreciate those few moments we saw them in. Now however, they may end up being overused so what made them special will be gone.

I understand why you don't want to see them but with modern DB being built off and revolving around fan service, you should be used to it by now. I'd say the exception being BOG which is why it's by far the best thing to come out of modern DB.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For the life of me I'll never understand why the fusions are popular they barely appear and hardly accomplished anything.
The very few times they showed up is why they're popular, they're not seen that much so fans appreciate those few moments we saw them in. Now however, they may end up being overused so what made them special will be gone.

I understand why you don't want to see them but with modern DB being built off and revolving around fan service, you should be used to it by now. I'd say the exception being BOG which is why it's by far the best thing to come out of modern DB.
That’s why Gogeta is the best option. People will

1. Go crazy that Gogeta is now “canon” although i don’t really think that word applies to db

2. Go crazy because its the first time we’ve seen Gogeta in action in an official db series project since GT

3. Its fusion
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Absolutely no fusions at all please oh please. Bandai will have such a massive boner and they'll ruin all of the movies marketing. They're already ruining this autumn with stupid unnecessary Gogeta/Vegetto shit & the last thing we need is for either one of them to appear in the movie.

For the life of me I'll never understand why the fusions are popular they barely appear and hardly accomplished anything. Such a woeful fan servicey gimmick Toriyama introduced especially since the Buu arc in the end didn't even had fusions resolve the threat!

If they appear they better finish the damn job, if they appear solely for fan service like Vegetto Blue (thanks Toyotaro!) I'll be 10x as f**king pissed.
They're basically a new saiyan character made-up out of everything that makes the originals "cool." Also they are super powerful from the get-go and for some that's enough.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: That’s why Gogeta is the best option. People will

1. Go crazy that Gogeta is now “canon” although i don’t really think that word applies to db

2. Go crazy because its the first time we’ve seen Gogeta in action in an official db series project since GT

3. Its fusion
You may not use the word canon but Toriyama has clearly avoided using characters and elements that aren't his which is why he changed up the Potara fusion despite Gogeta being there so he could very well use Vegetto again which I think is more likely if we're getting fusion. I don't know if you know this but Toriyama was going to have Goku and Vegeta use the fusion dance against Buu but because the movie used it he came up with the potara fusion so he's clearly willing to go the extra mile to avoid using elements that aren't his.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That’s why Gogeta is the best option. People will

3. Its fusion
You may not use the word canon but Toriyama has clearly avoided using characters and elements that aren't his which is why he changed up the Potara fusion despite Gogeta being there so he could very well use Vegetto again which I think is more likely if we're getting fusion. I don't know if you know this but Toriyama was going to have Goku and Vegeta use the fusion dance against Buu but because the movie used it he came up with the potara fusion so he's clearly willing to go the extra mile to avoid using elements that aren't his.
Has there been any confirmation on that? It makes enough sense, but how do we know it’s the official reason for the Potara fusion?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Absolutely no fusions at all please oh please. Bandai will have such a massive boner and they'll ruin all of the movies marketing. They're already ruining this autumn with stupid unnecessary Gogeta/Vegetto shit & the last thing we need is for either one of them to appear in the movie.

I agree. I'm done with fusions. Either they are useful or not.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:46 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Has there been any confirmation on that? It makes enough sense, but how do we know it’s the official reason for the Potara fusion?
Yes, Toriyama himself said that in an interview which is posted on the site here in the translation section.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I wonder if the Saiyan in the trailer is actually Lemo? We don't really see a close-up of his face and Lemo's head is mostly covered by his cap. Maybe Lemo is a really old Saiyan or a hybrid?
Can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
I am very serious. I love big twists. Maybe Lemo is an abandoned hybrid in hiding until his youth is restored?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Fusions
This is how ridiculous it is, all this in the latter half of the year (with Oct/Nov/Dec gashapons yet tba):

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Any new characters not Jiren? Forget get when we can brand Gogeta under DBS! Vegeta's new form? Forget that when we can continue to release Vegetto Blue after a 7 min cameo 2 years ago.

Fusions will absolutely kill the marketing next year.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:I like the icy snowy world. It offers opportunities for nice story telling before the fight: traces in the snow, mist, mystery, adventures, snowball fights, 'hunting for the yeti-atmosphere' ...
I'm mainly looking forward how they are going to combine / interact the adventures on that snowworld with the flashbacks into the past.
Basically a Dragon Ball holiday special. I approve.

Why not a little bit of adventure? That's how DB started, as an adventure story. Why would it only be about the fighting?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:I like the icy snowy world. It offers opportunities for nice story telling before the fight: traces in the snow, mist, mystery, adventures, snowball fights, 'hunting for the yeti-atmosphere' ...
I'm mainly looking forward how they are going to combine / interact the adventures on that snowworld with the flashbacks into the past.
Basically a Dragon Ball holiday special. I approve.

Why not a little bit of adventure? That's how DB started, as an adventure story. Why would it only be about the fighting?
That would be cool if they got to travel around and not stay on Earth.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Re: Fusions
This is how ridiculous it is, all this in the latter half of the year (with Oct/Nov/Dec gashapons yet tba):

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Any new characters not Jiren? Forget get when we can brand Gogeta under DBS! Vegeta's new form? Forget that when we can continue to release Vegetto Blue after a 7 min cameo 2 years ago.

Fusions will absolutely kill the marketing next year.
Either Gogeta is just that popular or its a tease for the movie. Thats my conclusion anyway. And yeah, it is kinda weird to have them advertising Gogeta of all characters under the DBS brand name. But then again, they also have SSJ4 Time Breaker Dark Dragon Ball Corrupted Broly from Dragon ball Heroes.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I wonder if the Saiyan in the trailer is actually Lemo? We don't really see a close-up of his face and Lemo's head is mostly covered by his cap. Maybe Lemo is a really old Saiyan or a hybrid?
Can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
I am very serious. I love big twists. Maybe Lemo is an abandoned hybrid in hiding until his youth is restored?
Putting aside the fact that they have different wristbands or whatever they're called, and they have different skin tone, this theory is so out there, it's never gonna happen in a milion years. We see a close up to the saiyan's eye enough to understand that he has a normal face
Get Fucked, C_unt

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:04 pm

I hope there is no fusion to end things as I want something original and that means I don't want Ultra Instinct coming out of Goku's arse again and disappearing at the end.

These Frieza soldiers are going to be complete jokes and a new Pilaf gang.

The only thing I want to know now is how many henchmen will this Saiyan have? This is mainly so I can see some non Saiyans from Universe 7 fighting and also watch Frieza have some fun torturing some monkeys.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:23 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I hope there is no fusion to end things as I want something original and that means I don't want Ultra Instinct coming out of Goku's arse again and disappearing at the end.

These Frieza soldiers are going to be complete jokes and a new Pilaf gang.

The only thing I want to know now is how many henchmen will this Saiyan have? This is mainly so I can see some non Saiyans from Universe 7 fighting and also watch Frieza have some fun torturing some monkeys.
Well here’s an original, out-there theory: After all the good guys fail, for some reason, due to previous events in the movie, Yamoshi (either physically or in spirit) descends from the heavens and completely destroys the evil saiyans. He then exchanges words with the good guys and leaves.

If done right, with proper preparation, they could pull it off and not make it seem like a Deus ex machina.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
Putting aside the fact that they have different wristbands or whatever they're called, and they have different skin tone, this theory is so out there, it's never gonna happen in a milion years. We see a close up to the saiyan's eye enough to understand that he has a normal face
Slug's appearance and clothing changed quite a bit when his youth was restored. I don't see why that should mean anything.

I'm not exactly dying on this hill, but surely you can come up with better arguments than that.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf