Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by zarmack » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote: Even tho Toriyama himself said he keeps Beerus around to give Goku and Vegeta a future sense in the story? Also stated he had no plans in them Surpassing Beerus anytime soon just before the Black arc? Even tho the story has Beerus waiting to have a prophetic fight against a formidable foe [Goku]? While Belmound is not relevant anymore as he was surpassed by a mortal and Beerus is still waiting for a challenge from the mortal who is stronger than both of them. I see that TOEI's story is too deep for the fandom and this is why the fandom has power scaling issues.
All of that is just speculation about Toriyama's intentions as it pertains to today even though the comments you are referencing were around the episode 40ish mark and here we are almost 7 months removed from the 131 episode run. Those comments are basically ancient at this point and don't take precedence over the evidence that we have plainly in front of us.
No, those comments from Toriyama are also STORY FACTS, as Beerus is still waiting for a formidable foe, due to the the oracle fish's prophecy.
zarmack wrote:
Miracles wrote: Even tho Toriyama himself said he keeps Beerus around to give Goku and Vegeta a future sense in the story? Also stated he had no plans in them Surpassing Beerus anytime soon just before the Black arc? Even tho the story has Beerus waiting to have a prophetic fight against a formidable foe [Goku]? While Belmound is not relevant anymore as he was surpassed by a mortal and Beerus is still waiting for a challenge from the mortal who is stronger than both of them. I see that TOEI's story is too deep for the fandom and this is why the fandom has power scaling issues.
1. "Anytime soon" doesn't mean "never".

2. Toriyama's comment about them not surpassing Beerus "anytime soon" was all the way back Super was even a thing. Not just before the Black arc.

3. There is way, way to much evidence for Beerus being surpassed by the mortals. Such as that guide from Toei that said 3rd Omen Goku > Beerus, or the numerous other guides and statements that put Jiren above ALL the Hakaishin, or Toyotaro putting Vegito Blue above Beerus, etc.
Except what backs Toriyama's comments as still relevant to this day is the fact that the story has Beerus STILL waiting for a formidable foe.
Prophesied through the oracle fish. You guys better pay attention and stop the headcannon.
Projecting much? I'm using direct statements from official statements, you are the one using headcanon.

And the whole "Beerus waiting for a formidable foe" thing was done all the way back in the Battle of Gods arc. Face the facts, Beerus isn't the goalpost anymore.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 pm

So...... power levels again.

I swear, you guys are like Team Four Star's Broly, always asking about people's power levels and then going LSS when someone asks you to prove it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm

YamiGoku wrote:Sees all the power levels posts about Beerus...

what have i done. :shock:
Shame on you, blood sports are illegal and is starting them is to you know.

Ow well might as well kick back and watch. Never turn your nose up at free entertainment I always say.

On a side not I'm really looking forward to the film now. I've gotten passed the retcons, it is what it is, and I'm looking forward to seeing were this all goes.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm

zarmack wrote:
Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
All of that is just speculation about Toriyama's intentions as it pertains to today even though the comments you are referencing were around the episode 40ish mark and here we are almost 7 months removed from the 131 episode run. Those comments are basically ancient at this point and don't take precedence over the evidence that we have plainly in front of us.
No, those comments from Toriyama are also STORY FACTS, as Beerus is still waiting for a formidable foe, due to the the oracle fish's prophecy.
zarmack wrote:
1. "Anytime soon" doesn't mean "never".

2. Toriyama's comment about them not surpassing Beerus "anytime soon" was all the way back Super was even a thing. Not just before the Black arc.

3. There is way, way to much evidence for Beerus being surpassed by the mortals. Such as that guide from Toei that said 3rd Omen Goku > Beerus, or the numerous other guides and statements that put Jiren above ALL the Hakaishin, or Toyotaro putting Vegito Blue above Beerus, etc.
Except what backs Toriyama's comments as still relevant to this day is the fact that the story has Beerus STILL waiting for a formidable foe.
Prophesied through the oracle fish. You guys better pay attention and stop the headcannon.
Projecting much? I'm using direct statements from official statements, you are the one using headcanon.

And the whole "Beerus waiting for a formidable foe" thing was done all the way back in the Battle of Gods arc. Face the facts, Beerus isn't the goalpost anymore.
It wasn't done in the battle of god story. It was stated at the end, Goku and Vegeta might become Beerus arch rivals. This is story fact, you are only using headcannon here.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 pm

As expected, this power level discussion has consumed the thread, and I guess I’m partly to blame for that.

I guess one last thing I will mention on the power level subject is that the initial trailer for this movie has Whis asking Goku why he wants to continue getting stronger, with Goku citing the Tournament of Power as having “opened my eyes”. We’re obviously going to need to wait till the movie comes out for full context, but the impression I got from the trailer was that Goku no longer really considers Beerus to be his goalpost.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 am

Is anybody else watching Broly on opening day in Japan? If so where at? Maybe we can meet up.

If you don’t wanna talk about it in public, just message me.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:14 am

Here's a super tiny image from the film of SSJB Goku. I'm guessing this is from V-Jump?
Would be real nice if V-Jump leaked right about now. I wanna know more about this film!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:33 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Here's a super tiny image from the film of SSJB Goku. I'm guessing this is from V-Jump?
Would be real nice if V-Jump leaked right about now. I wanna know more about this film!
Just more info on the world premiere:
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/14740

Nothing new it looks like. Next months V Jump is gonna be the big one.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 am

If I remember correctly, last month V-Jump said that the next two issues would have a lot of information about the Movie, so I expect something more this month.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 am

I know some people already discussed this earlier but I want to take part of this:

1. What do you think of Frieza's new look? I am fine with it because this could be excused by saying that Frieza is younger or had a sunburn but he reminds me of Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.

2. Too early to say this, so this is based on the trailer only: Are Goku and Vegeta near the same age? If so this will mean that Bulma is older than him(not that is wrong) unless all this is all a misunderstanding.

3. Who also noticed that Beerus' nose is now darker than his skin color?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm

So that lanky Saiyan from the trailer is apparently called Beets. We can see now that he wasn't actually wearing Sadala-era armor, and I like that his face and anatomy design clearly communicate how irrelevant he's doing to be. Not that I really expected much else from the hairstyle™ but you know.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Waluigiman wrote:I know some people already discussed this earlier but I want to take part of this:

1. What do you think of Frieza's new look? I am fine with it because this could be excused by saying that Frieza is younger or had a sunburn but he reminds me of Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.

2. Too early to say this, so this is based on the trailer only: Are Goku and Vegeta near the same age? If so this will mean that Bulma is older than him(not that is wrong) unless all this is all a misunderstanding.

3. Who also noticed that Beerus' nose is now darker than his skin color?
1. Freeza's appearance is no big deal, since his 1st 3 forms only exist to control his final (and actual) form's power (since he never trained before RoF). He could still be trying to get the hang of his 530,000 power level in that state.

2. The scene where Vegeta is a baby could be a few years before Goku gets sent away, so Vegeta could still be 5 years older than Goku. However, Broly seems to have been retconned into being born at the same time as Vegeta, rather than Goku.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Shaddy wrote:So that lanky Saiyan from the trailer is apparently called Beets. We can see now that he wasn't actually wearing Sadala-era armor, and I like that his face and anatomy design clearly communicate how irrelevant he's doing to be. Not that I really expected much else from the hairstyle™ but you know.
And some people unironically thought that he was Broli

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:26 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Shaddy wrote:So that lanky Saiyan from the trailer is apparently called Beets. We can see now that he wasn't actually wearing Sadala-era armor, and I like that his face and anatomy design clearly communicate how irrelevant he's doing to be. Not that I really expected much else from the hairstyle™ but you know.
How? He doesn't look anything like Broly. Not even the same skin tone. If anything he looks like a bootleg version of Tora. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:28 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Some people unironically thought he was Cabba.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:37 pm

It seems this was all V-Jump had to show us. Not complaining though, as it is related to Bardock. Is there something interesting that we should know about?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:It seems this was all V-Jump had to show us. Not complaining though, as it is related to Bardock. Is there something interesting that we should know about?
has that been translated yet?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm

So what planet could the background of this be? Doesn't look like Earth or Vegeta. Maybe Vampa didn't they said it had some significance?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:45 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:It seems this was all V-Jump had to show us. Not complaining though, as it is related to Bardock. Is there something interesting that we should know about?
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1052659346696359936 Frieza might be a kid himself. Could also be poor wording.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:48 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1052659346696359936 Frieza might be a kid himself. Could also be poor wording.
Ah, thanks for that. So Freeza was a young in back then huh?