Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:She's got similarities to Goku, but Caulifla feels more like her own character to me. I'd think a Goku counterpart would also be as experienced as he is. Caulifla still seems like a teenager imo.

I do think if Goku had a daughter she'd be like Caulifla.
Lol No. Chi-Chi wouldn’t allow that.
Chi-Chi seems like to type to me that would want her sons in the books but would want her daughter to be both a fighter and a scholar.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon May 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Dragono wrote:But that was only because Goku was dead.
Parents tend to be more relaxed with their second child. They've had more experience then, so they're less stressed. Plus, after their second child, their eggs are no longer all in one basket. lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Lmao this page from the DBS tour is hilarious. "No matter how it is small,
you will see that it has super high detailed color and
molding just like the Anime!!" But right there Goku and Vegeta's boots left uncoloured... Bandai didn't even bother colouring them for next months ToP re-release…

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Chuquita wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:She's got similarities to Goku, but Caulifla feels more like her own character to me. I'd think a Goku counterpart would also be as experienced as he is. Caulifla still seems like a teenager imo.

I do think if Goku had a daughter she'd be like Caulifla.
Lol No. Chi-Chi wouldn’t allow that.
Depends on when they had her. She's way less strict with Goten then she was with Gohan. At least in Z. Chi-Chi taught Goten martial arts after all.
Only because Goku was dead.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 21, 2018 8:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Lol No. Chi-Chi wouldn’t allow that.
Depends on when they had her. She's way less strict with Goten then she was with Gohan. At least in Z. Chi-Chi taught Goten martial arts after all.
Only because Goku was dead.
Higher up on the page both miguelnuva1 and ZeroNeonix made points I'd end up also saying in response, so all I've got on this is I agree with their reasons on why I think Chi-Chi'd allow it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Who cares what chichi would allow or not? This is the fucking Son Goku show, he's the star and he always will be. All you "muh potential" fanboys need to stop it. Gohan, Caulifla, Kale, etc will never become relevant or even take the #2 position. Be happy with the crumbs you are given

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:08 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Who cares what chichi would allow or not? This is the fucking Son Goku show, he's the star and he always will be. All you "muh potential" fanboys need to stop it. Gohan, Caulifla, Kale, etc will never become relevant or even take the #2 position. Be happy with the crumbs you are given
Someone forgot the 4 episode mini-arc with Goku vs Kale and Caulifla that we got.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Tue May 22, 2018 7:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Who cares what chichi would allow or not? This is the fucking Son Goku show, he's the star and he always will be. All you "muh potential" fanboys need to stop it. Gohan, Caulifla, Kale, etc will never become relevant or even take the #2 position. Be happy with the crumbs you are given
Someone forgot the 4 episode mini-arc with Goku vs Kale and Caulifla that we got.
And jiren had like 9 episodes vs goku, vegeta and u7. Whats your point?

The ending of 131 should have made it clear that goku and vegeta are the two mains of this show, freeza might show up once in a while and 17 maybe but i don't expect it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

The ending of 131 should have made it clear that goku and vegeta are the two mains of this show, freeza might show up once in a while and 17 maybe but i don't expect it.
You said they would never be relevant. 4 episodes in a row dedicated to them shows that they were pretty relevant for a good ammount of time. And they’ve been hinting at a trip to U6 Sadala forever so they sure as hell will be relevant again for a while. Thats my point.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Someone forgot the 4 episode mini-arc with Goku vs Kale and Caulifla that we got.

You said they would never be relevant. 4 episodes in a row dedicated to them shows that they were pretty relevant for a good ammount of time. And they’ve been hinting at a trip to U6 Sadala forever so they sure as hell will be relevant again for a while. Thats my point.
I think that they will be relevant certain stories but I don't think that they will become main cast members.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:18 pm

What are the odds of a new transformation debut in this movie?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:What are the odds of a new transformation debut in this movie?
For the main cast? Hopefully nothing. All I want to see is Goku learning how to tap into Ultra Instinct again. I can see the new villain getting some kind of new transformation though.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Hmm. Well, I have a few conflicting ideas in my head. I've said for a while that I was fully expecting an Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to make an appearance in the movie. But now, I'm not so sure. Toriyama has a habit of going against expectations just for the heck of it. After Super Saiyan was made to stack with Super Saiyan God, and then Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was made to stack with Kaioken, throwing Ultra Instinct into that stack of transformations would be super obvious now. I think that's the same reason Super Saiyan Blue 2 and 3 never happened, because people were expecting it. So he instead went with a new transformation that wasn't a Super Saiyan form. Another thing is that this movie seems to be relying heavily on nostalgia. They even brought back the Power Pole. It might even be possible that Super Saiyan Blue won't appear, in favor of the more classic Super Saiyan forms. So I dunno what to expect, honestly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Goku just got a glimps of UI so I assume they'll want to develop that instead of jumping onto something new as they'll most likely save what's next for the anime when it returns.

I can see Vegeta getting UI Omen to start with while MUI when the anime's back.

The new Saiyan may have some special form like Black's Rose.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Well, with the DBLegends cinematic op showing Shallot with golden eyes with black pupils and the dbmovie teaser showing the new saiyan with golden eyes and black pupils too, maybe the ancient saiyans had a little something special in their genes that got wiped away overtime.

Part of me does believe that the new saiyan’s ssj form is actually ssberserk and that he might have a ssj4 type form where he stays humanoid but is covered in fur.

So honestly? I think the main saiyan villain will have a new form.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 24, 2018 12:00 pm

I don't think Goku or Vegeta will get one, but unless the new Saiyan is also some kind of hybrid, I'd say the gold eyes and weird green aura are signs that he almost certainly will.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Echoing others here too, I am almost sure this new Saiyan, like Black, will get a new fancy form unique to him especially if he is to challenge Goku he will need one!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
I don't think Goku or Vegeta will get one, but unless the new Saiyan is also some kind of hybrid, I'd say the gold eyes and weird green aura are signs that he almost certainly will.
I expect a least one new form in every story in Super.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri May 25, 2018 12:29 am

I don't think we'll see a new form. I think at the very least we'll see a return of Ultra Instinct by the very end, very briefly. Even if it's just the Omen form.

I could see him spending most of the fight as SSJ/SSJ2, then pushing to God, then going to Blue before maybe using Kaioken with it. It's all gonna depend on the enemy

Now for the new Saiyan, he's probably gonna get something we haven't seen. Every Saiyan movie villain before has. Turles got the amp from the fruit, Broly had LSSJ. This new Saiyan will probably get something

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:54 am

majinwarman wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
I expect a least one new form in every story in Super.
So Universe 6 doesnt mean anything to you?