Yamoshi better not look like Goku...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Yamoshi better not look like Goku...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: You really shouldn't go to geekdom like seriously.
Ok, if that wasn’t Yamoshi, then why was the saiyan fighting off other evil great apes? Thats Yamoshi. Except maybe the saiyan that was shown was Yamoshi in super saiyan.
That Saiyan wasn't Yamoshi, it was some other guy harnessing the power of Yamoshi's spirit.
Did you read my comment? Why would a saiyan be fighting off and comepletely overpowering other evil great apes? It would make more sense if that saiyan was Yamoshi but when he was Super saiyan
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Ok, if that wasn’t Yamoshi, then why was the saiyan fighting off other evil great apes? Thats Yamoshi. Except maybe the saiyan that was shown was Yamoshi in super saiyan.
That Saiyan wasn't Yamoshi, it was some other guy harnessing the power of Yamoshi's spirit.
Did you read my comment? Why would a saiyan be fighting off and comepletely overpowering other evil great apes? It would make more sense if that saiyan was Yamoshi but when he was Super saiyan
He was doing it because they're evil and he's good. Also, he couldn't go SSJ so he needed Yamoshi's power to overcome them.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Michsi wrote:Crazy thought: since the Japanese language doesn't use gendered pronouns, what are the odds of them pulling a Yamoshi is actually a girl.
That would be cool. Herms' translation uses "he", but I don't know if the original text mentions what sex Yamoshi is. Since Yamoshi's from universe 7 that means they'd have (presumably) the old-school body-build the saiyan men and women in Z had, which I'd like.
I also hope we get old school saiyan designs and if Yamoshi does end up a girl, I hope she looks like that saiyan lady with a knife in her mouth we see in the flashback :lol:
I remember her! She was especially cool. :mrgreen:
Also knife-wielding saiyan lady did have reddish hair...
I don't think they ever named her though.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: That Saiyan wasn't Yamoshi, it was some other guy harnessing the power of Yamoshi's spirit.
He was doing it because they're evil and he's good. Also, he couldn't go SSJ so he needed Yamoshi's power to overcome them.
Thats not the story. The story is that Yamoshi, the good saiyan fought the bad saiyans. He turned Super saiyan and was wining but his body couldn’t handel the power and he failed and lost, and died but his spirit lived on.

No other saiyan transformed and against evil saiyans except Yamoshi. The saiyan that was show in BoGs is probably just Super Saiyan Yamoshi as he fought the evil saiyans
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:I'm gonna be pissed if he does getting tired of all the goku clones in this series.

What if he looks like Goku Black :lol: ?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Did you read my comment? Why would a saiyan be fighting off and comepletely overpowering other evil great apes? It would make more sense if that saiyan was Yamoshi but when he was Super saiyan
Thats not the story. The story is that Yamoshi, the good saiyan fought the bad saiyans. He turned Super saiyan and was wining but his body couldn’t handel the power and he failed and lost, and died but his spirit lived on.

No other saiyan transformed and against evil saiyans except Yamoshi. The saiyan that was show in BoGs is probably just Super Saiyan Yamoshi as he fought the evil saiyans
What? No they are two separate events but the same setup feels like it’s the same thing. I’m not really digging it at all to be honest due to that reason and feel like it doesn’t meaningfully add to the lore. The fact that setup sounded almost exactly like the SSG setup was really off putting.

Why couldn’t the original SSG be fighting off a threat to his race? Like canonize the Bardock scenario which would make sense forever tying Saiyans to Frieza race. Especially since they’re already doing it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:56 pm

TheMikado wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: He was doing it because they're evil and he's good. Also, he couldn't go SSJ so he needed Yamoshi's power to overcome them.

What? No they are two separate events but the same setup feels like it’s the same thing. I’m not really digging it at all to be honest due to that reason and feel like it doesn’t meaningfully add to the lore. The fact that setup sounded almost exactly like the SSG setup was really off putting.

Why couldn’t the original SSG be fighting off a threat to his race? Like canonize the Bardock scenario which would make sense forever tying Saiyans to Frieza race. Especially since they’re already doing it.
It’s the same situation BECAUSE ITS THE SAME PERSON. End of story

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
That would be cool. Herms' translation uses "he", but I don't know if the original text mentions what sex Yamoshi is. Since Yamoshi's from universe 7 that means they'd have (presumably) the old-school body-build the saiyan men and women in Z had, which I'd like.
I also hope we get old school saiyan designs and if Yamoshi does end up a girl, I hope she looks like that saiyan lady with a knife in her mouth we see in the flashback :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, this must've happened before the notion that saiyans only have black hair got introduced. I think this episode aired around the time Vegeta's hair was also reddish.

What's funny is that I've seen her mentioned by a lot people, even though that's pretty much the only shot of her. What an impression she left :lol: Guess everyone was really desperate for female saiyans.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Her design is what I would have wanted for Caulifa.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats not the story. The story is that Yamoshi, the good saiyan fought the bad saiyans. He turned Super saiyan and was wining but his body couldn’t handel the power and he failed and lost, and died but his spirit lived on.

That would make Goku the first SSGod. Also, that's a BoG exclusive scene and thus not relevant to Super, and in BoG it's clearly stated that there was another SSGod before Goku.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:02 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats not the story. The story is that Yamoshi, the good saiyan fought the bad saiyans. He turned Super saiyan and was wining but his body couldn’t handel the power and he failed and lost, and died but his spirit lived on.

It’s the same situation BECAUSE ITS THE SAME PERSON. End of story
Umm no SSG occurred on planet Vegeta
Yamoshi fights evil saiyans on planet Salada

Most importantly, NO ITS NOT. End of story.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:05 pm

sangofe wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:I'm gonna be pissed if he does getting tired of all the goku clones in this series.

What if he looks like Goku Black :lol: ?
Impossible, a mere mortal will never be able to imitate the beauty and grandeur of the divine Black!

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Meshack wrote: You do have YouTubers such as Geekdom their audiences that Yamoshi is the legendary Super Saiyan God. I tried informing Geekdom about it but he blocked me
You really shouldn't go to geekdom like seriously.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:If they're dumb enough to leave Goku out of the movie, they'd better at least have enough sense to put a Goku clone in.
jplaya2023 wrote:
then i'm confused i thought he was the original ssj god?
He's not, his spirit just allows others to become SSGod themselves.

Ok, if that wasn’t Yamoshi, then why was the saiyan fighting off other evil great apes? Thats Yamoshi. Except maybe the saiyan that was shown was Yamoshi in super saiyan.
That wasn’t Yamoshi. Toriyama specifically said Yamoshi died before Planet Vegeta. He was asked if the legendary Super Saiyan was the same person as the Super Saiyan God from Battle of Gods, the Saiyan from the flashback. Yamoshi died way before Planet Vegeta happened so he could not have transformed into Super Saiyan God. Yamoshi’s spirit wandering for a savior sp he could not have been the Super Saiyan God. The first Super Saiyan God happened on Planet Vegeta. A righteous Saiyan and his friends created a Super Saiyan God to fight against the evil Saiyans but failed. It’s the same situation as Yamoshi and his friends. Toriyama said Yamoshi’s spirit is the reason there’s a ritual

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't about you, but I'd find that pretty funny. :lol:

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Michsi wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Same. I think the current design is way too cutesy.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:47 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Michsi wrote:Crazy thought: since the Japanese language doesn't use gendered pronouns, what are the odds of them pulling a Yamoshi is actually a girl.
A certain segment of the fanbase would simultaneously stroke out and die.
But not before they label it as Feminist.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
It's Caulifla's ancestor and they're setting her up to replace Goku as the MC.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
It's Caulifla's ancestor and they're setting her up to replace Goku as the MC.
Probably not that much of a loss, I'm tired of Super constantly flanderizing my guy Goku.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Same. I think the current design is way too cutesy.
I miss the more adult looking bodies the universe 7 saiyans have; they had builds. They had visible muscle. My disappointment in the aesthetic the uni 6 saiyan trio have is they look too young, too skinny. Only Kale in her mastered form is able to get anywhere in the Z athletic build ballpark.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Grimlock wrote: Toriyama said that the Yamoshi's event took place before Saiyans arrived in planet Plant (which means Yamoshi transformed into Super Saiyan back in planet Sadala).
It would be cool if Yamoshi's U6 counterpart is the actual king of planet Sadala.