Yamoshi better not look like Goku...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Yamoshi better not look like Goku...

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm gonna be pissed if he does getting tired of all the goku clones in this series.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Yamoshi better not look like Goku...

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:12 pm

There's more reasoning to think he'll look like Vegeta tbh :P

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 pm

I expect a male Caulifla :lol:
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm

they showed the outline he looks like vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:10 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:they showed the outline he looks like vegeta
That was not Yamoshi.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Grimlock wrote:
That was not Yamoshi.
then i'm confused i thought he was the original ssj god?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 pm

If they're dumb enough to leave Goku out of the movie, they'd better at least have enough sense to put a Goku clone in.
jplaya2023 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
That was not Yamoshi.
He's not, his spirit just allows others to become SSGod themselves.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:27 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:then i'm confused i thought he was the original ssj god?
No, Yamoshi is the Legendary Super Saiyan that the Saiyans had knowledge of. He's the "source" of Super Saiyan God but he himself didn't transform into it. Again, it was explained multiple times in the thread I created:

Toriyama said that the Yamoshi's event took place before Saiyans arrived in planet Plant (which means Yamoshi transformed into Super Saiyan back in planet Sadala). Movie 14/Shenlong says that the Original Super Saiyan God appeared in planet Vegeta. So not only Yamoshi isn't the Original Super Saiyan God, he was already dead by the time his spirit found the Saiyan fit to become Super Saiyan God (obviously). This unknown Saiyan was the one we saw in Movie 14's flashback.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Grimlock wrote:
No, Yamoshi is the Legendary Super Saiyan that the Saiyans had knowledge of. He's the "source" of Super Saiyan God but he himself didn't transform into it. Again, it was explained multiple times in the thread I created:

Toriyama said that the Yamoshi's event took place before Saiyans arrived in planet Plant (which means Yamoshi transformed into Super Saiyan back in planet Sadala). Movie 14/Shenlong says that the Original Super Saiyan God appeared in planet Vegeta. So not only Yamoshi isn't the Original Super Saiyan God, he was already dead by the time his spirit found the Saiyan fit to become Super Saiyan God (obviously). This unknown Saiyan was the one we saw in Movie 14's flashback.
You do have YouTubers such as Geekdom their audiences that Yamoshi is the legendary Super Saiyan God. I tried informing Geekdom about it but he blocked me

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Meshack wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

You do have YouTubers such as Geekdom their audiences that Yamoshi is the legendary Super Saiyan God. I tried informing Geekdom about it but he blocked me
You really shouldn't go to geekdom like seriously.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:I'm gonna be pissed if he does getting tired of all the goku clones in this series.
There’s no reason for him to look like Gokuh. The reason Barduck, Goten, Turlece, and Gokuh-Black look like Gokuh because there is a reason. Goten served as a second Gokuh, basically. Barduck was said to look like his father. Turlece served as “what would Gokuh be if he didn’t hit his head”. Black is just Zamasu in Gokuh’s body but wantrd it because of his power. There is no reason for Yamoshi to look like Gokuh.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

I don’t really watch him anymore. I only watched his video on the Yamoshi stuff because I was excited to hear about Yamoshi, one, and two, I wanted to see if he would report on it correctly but he didn’t. Who knows what else he got wrong.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:21 pm

I don't think he'll look like Goku, but my reasoning for why he won't is kinda wacky.

Yamoshi's name pun is on beans. Beans are legumes in the vegetable family. Everyone in Goku's saiyan family are named after root vegetables (carrots, radishes, burdock, onions). If Yamoshi were supposed to look like Goku he'd probably have been named after a root vegetable instead.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Crazy thought: since the Japanese language doesn't use gendered pronouns, what are the odds of them pulling a Yamoshi is actually a girl.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Meshack wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

Did you try to tell him in a polite way? I find it hard to believe he just blocked you for informing him.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Michsi wrote:Crazy thought: since the Japanese language doesn't use gendered pronouns, what are the odds of them pulling a Yamoshi is actually a girl.
That would be cool. Herms' translation uses "he", but I don't know if the original text mentions what sex Yamoshi is. Since Yamoshi's from universe 7 that means they'd have (presumably) the old-school body-build the saiyan men and women in Z had, which I'd like.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Michsi wrote:Crazy thought: since the Japanese language doesn't use gendered pronouns, what are the odds of them pulling a Yamoshi is actually a girl.
A certain segment of the fanbase would simultaneously stroke out and die.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Chuquita wrote:
That would be cool. Herms' translation uses "he", but I don't know if the original text mentions what sex Yamoshi is. Since Yamoshi's from universe 7 that means they'd have (presumably) the old-school body-build the saiyan men and women in Z had, which I'd like.
I also hope we get old school saiyan designs and if Yamoshi does end up a girl, I hope she looks like that saiyan lady with a knife in her mouth we see in the flashback :lol:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
A certain segment of the fanbase would simultaneously stroke out and die.
Oh dear :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

TheUltimateNinja wrote:If they're dumb enough to leave Goku out of the movie, they'd better at least have enough sense to put a Goku clone in.
jplaya2023 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
That was not Yamoshi.
He's not, his spirit just allows others to become SSGod themselves.

Ok, if that wasn’t Yamoshi, then why was the saiyan fighting off other evil great apes? Thats Yamoshi. Except maybe the saiyan that was shown was Yamoshi in super saiyan.
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Meshack wrote: You do have YouTubers such as Geekdom their audiences that Yamoshi is the legendary Super Saiyan God. I tried informing Geekdom about it but he blocked me
Ok, if that wasn’t Yamoshi, then why was the saiyan fighting off other evil great apes? Thats Yamoshi. Except maybe the saiyan that was shown was Yamoshi in super saiyan.
That Saiyan wasn't Yamoshi, it was some other guy harnessing the power of Yamoshi's spirit.