Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

puar
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Post by puar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 pm

RedHeat wrote:
puar wrote:more fodder trash. we know anyraza gonna be a weakling and will be defeated in one episode. god i get tired of this arc. 23 frikin episodes of nothing but fighting? where is the godamm story behind those charecters? they are just nobodies. bunch of fodder trash ready to be eliminated. thats it
There isn't enough time for it, and based on the people here, most wouldn't enjoy the exposition anyways.
there is plenty of time for it. 23 frikin of time. most fights were generic garbage anyway

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Just get to the Jiren rematch already. It's not interesting to watch U7 wash over a legion of fodder characters devoid of any personality or intelligence. There is virtually 0 reasons why Goku, Vegeta and Gohan didn't go all out and obliterate what is left of Universe 3 or tried to stop the doctor guy from enacting his secret technique. The weak excuse 'They are saving their energy for later' no longer works, as there are only 10 minutes left in the Tournament.

Compare this arc to the Zamasu arc: the difference in suspense, tension and drama is blatant.

But, as i am not a blind hater, i will remain positive for the next episode, mainly because i think someone in the U7's team will be eliminated (possibly Android 18?). However, i'd like the plot to move forward as soon as possible, since i believe someone (possibly the Grand Priest?) is conducting something shadowy behind the scenes.
They pretty much did go all out. Gohan said he was at full power and Goku & Vegeta were both using Blue. U3 is more than fodder if they can challenge all 3 of those characters at the same time, and then take on the entirety of U7 next episode.

SunWuBran

Post by SunWuBran » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm

This episode was pretty good! Loved the team ups and action. Gohan and the androids are getting some shine here... Hope they don't meet their end soon! I mean the Androids have to go soon but GOHAN!?!?!?!?! Hopefully not.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm

I don't get why people are so impatient. This is literally the last universe to take down before the Pride Troopers. Why not have the second to last universe go out with a bang? And as said it was obvious the robot universe was going to get something good due to lasting this late in the game.

These characters aren't "fodder." They're strong opponents with a secret powerful fighter. I think it's just because they're robots instead of "people" that some can't take them seriously. I also like Dr. Paporoni, kind of reminds me of all the evil scientist characters in every series I ever watched.

I find it bizarre people are laughably acting like the eventual fights with Toppo or Dyspo will feel any different than the fights against anyone else up to this point. We've already seen Dyspo nearly lose to Hit, I don't see what the hype about him in particular is about.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I think I'll skip this episode entirely. I still don't understand why basic looking robots are able to even keep up with this level of power and I doubt they'll explain why the robots are so strong. I think you'd need some advanced looking stuff, not basic mechanical hulks to fight gods and the like.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 pm

This makes U4 look even more stupid, because while U3 still had the trump cards of Koichi and Aniraza, U4 didn't have any reason to not use the Potara.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 pm

BWri wrote:I think I'll skip this episode entirely. I still don't understand why basic looking robots are able to even keep up with this level of power and I doubt they'll explain why the robots are so strong. I think you'd need some advanced looking stuff, not basic mechanical hulks to fight gods and the like.
Because characters in Dragonball are always as strong as they look, right? Why would you purposely skip an episode without watching it to form a valid opinion, anyway?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm

precita wrote:
BWri wrote:I think I'll skip this episode entirely. I still don't understand why basic looking robots are able to even keep up with this level of power and I doubt they'll explain why the robots are so strong. I think you'd need some advanced looking stuff, not basic mechanical hulks to fight gods and the like.
Because characters in Dragonball are always as strong as they look, right? Why would you purposely skip an episode without watching it to form a valid opinion, anyway?
I agree about looks and actually watching the episode.

I have to say though...I don't understand why they are suddenly so strong myself after watching.

Loved the episode but I can't pretend it made sense lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm

precita wrote:
I've heard plenty of good about the episode and seen some of the fight scenes before it was properly uploaded. Fights look cool, but it looks mindless. If you can tell me a good reason why these mechanical robots are so strong then I'll watch it. Otherwise, it doesn't appear to be worth my time this week.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 pm

BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
I've heard plenty of good about the episode and seen some of the fight scenes before it was properly uploaded. Fights look cool, but it looks mindless. If you can tell me a good reason why these mechanical robots are so strong then I'll watch it. Otherwise, it doesn't appear to be worth my time this week.
So you purposely skip episodes of a tournament? Each episode is about 20 minutes long, you're telling me you can't spend 20 minutes of your time over the next 7 days to watch this ep because "le robots?"

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
precita wrote:
I agree about looks and actually watching the episode.

I have to say though...I don't understand why they are suddenly so strong myself after watching.

Loved the episode but I can't pretend it made sense lol
That's exactly what I mean. Do these guys have ki or what? I need some sort of justification for why these battlebots are so strong, otherwise what's the point? I can just wait until the fight with the Pride Troopers starts. Aniraza does look interesting though, might watch that.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

precita wrote:
BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
So you purposely skip episodes of a tournament? Each episode is about 20 minutes long, you're telling me you can't spend 20 minutes of your time over the next 7 days to watch this ep because "le robots?"
This is actually the first episode of the tournament that I decided to skip and yes, if I deem something a waste of my time, I will not watch it. 20 minutes is a great deal of time in my typical day. Spending those twenty minutes here instead seems much more interesting this week. Your opinion of the robots is more interesting than the robots themselves IMO

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Sandubadear wrote:This makes U4 look even more stupid, because while U3 still had the trump cards of Koichi and Aniraza, U4 didn't have any reason to not use the Potara.
Quitela really didn't think of this tournament through properly. And funny enough, before the tournament, he sent spies to the other universes to see what kind of fighters they may have been recruiting and he was told specifically not to underestimate Universe 7. He was too damn arrogant and it cost him dearly.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Your time is so precious that 20 minutes is too long but like 5-20 whining about that fact on a forum and spreading inherent dismissive-ness to people who do enjoy the episodes on this forum is all good.

Cool story bro.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Kataphrut wrote:Good ep that. I still maintain that Universe 6 should have been the penultimate foe, but I enjoy the idea of the team nobody thought would have a hope in hell actually pulling together and being effective in the eleventh hour. It's The Little Megazord That Could. That said, if all they manage to do is take out 18, I'll be disappointed. Losing both Androids would be a better setup for the final battle.
Yeah, I think they missed a good opportunity there. They should've just saved U2 and U6's eliminations for the very end since those characters were more memorable than much of what U4 and U3 have produced, though I am a big fan of Katopesla. Or they could have just mixed and matched participants instead of eliminating entire universes in one go. I have a hard time shaking the feeling that these last few eps are simply filling time at the moment.
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Does anyone else just not care about this arc at this point because I’m just waiting for the Vegeta vs jiren fight.
Yeah, pretty much. I'm ready for the final showdown between U7 and U11. The writers didn't put in enough development with these other universes for me to care very much or at all really.
TobyS wrote:Your time is so precious that 20 minutes is too long but like 5-20 whining about that fact on a forum and spreading inherent dismissive-ness to people who do enjoy the episodes on this forum is all good.

Cool story bro.
Can't help that you feel that way about my opinions and time, but my involvement here is because I like seeing the opinions of other DB fans and hanging with the cool kids, excluding you of course. No, I'm kidding, you're alright, but just know that I haven't dismissed anyone's enjoyment of the episode. I just spoke my piece. No need to come at me with disrespect. I'm not interested in the episode, plain and simple.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm

BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
Why wouldn't they be strong? 17 and 18 were originally normal humans at one point, and humans are probably one of the weakest species in Dragon Ball. They were modified by Dr. Gero (not exactly sure how) and they became stronger than an organic being like Freeza. We also saw a pure mechanical android by Dr. Gero, 16, take on Imperfect Cell after Cell left Piccolo to die and cornered 17. Just remember, U3's warriors were also modified and they are from a technologically advanced universe possibly full of Dr. Geros like Paparoni.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Is it time to unsticky a bunch of the old episode discussions?? Like two thirds of the page is full of those threads, makes it hard to discuss anything beyond the latest episode... Anyone else agree?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Sandubadear wrote:This makes U4 look even more stupid, because while U3 still had the trump cards of Koichi and Aniraza, U4 didn't have any reason to not use the Potara.
And yet another reason to put U4 on the worst univers ever throne (yes even more than 9)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

U4 had only 3 fighters when potaras became an option. If they used them he had to either risk Gamisaras becoming visible or Damon becoming bigger. Those fighters weren't strong enough to make the added strength bonus from the fusion worth losing their gimmick, so it was a good call.
They are still idiots for attacking when they did instead of staying hidden until closer to the end though.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 pm

U3 is more than fodder if they can challenge all 3 of those characters at the same time, and then take on the entirety of U7 next episode.
They will not take out the entire of U7 next episode. Besides, it seems pretty obvious that Aniraza will be taken down in the next episode. Sure, he might bring down Android 18 or even 17 before meeting his demise, but he will not last more than one episode. The only reason Universe 3 got so far into the Tournament is because they were cautious enough not to pick fights with the dominant Universe 7. Now they have decided to go on the offensive, and that will be their downfall. But perhaps you are right. Let's get rid of the inferior universes first, so we can finally get to the Goku/Jiren rematch.

Granted, according to the newest opening of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Aniraza will supposedly force both Goku and Vegeta to go SSB... but i will take Dragon Ball Heroes with a grain of salt (for example, back during the Future Trunks arc, they showed Fused Zamasu without his Halo fighting Goku, but that never happened in the anime).