Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:36 am

So one of the biggest complaints a lot of people have with the arc is that U7 are too strong and the other universes have too many weak fighters. Would you be ok if in one chapter, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter, and by fodder I mean all of the non main warriors.

OLKv3

Re: Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 am

Totamo wrote:So one of the biggest complaints a lot of people have with the arc is that U7 are too strong and the other universes have too many weak fighters. Would you be ok if in one chapter, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter, and by fodder I mean all of the non main warriors.
no. just make universes fight each other instead of just U7 and U6

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 am

Then comes a barrage of complaints about the arc "wasting" the humans and not letting them eliminate anyone.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 am

There's no way the manga is going to show every fighter knocked out like the anime. I'm willing to bet half the fighters especially all the fodder are knocked out off-panel.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 am

Freeza9000 wrote:Then comes a barrage of complaints about the arc "wasting" the humans and not letting them eliminate anyone.
Well, then what will please them?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am

Totamo wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Then comes a barrage of complaints about the arc "wasting" the humans and not letting them eliminate anyone.
Nothing.About the topic I think it's not a matter of should but would there is no way he is not going to eliminate some people off screen it is a manga after all.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 am

precita wrote:There's no way the manga is going to show every fighter knocked out like the anime. I'm willing to bet half the fighters especially all the fodder are knocked out off-panel.
Yeah, it'll look a lot better in the manga.
Totamo wrote:
They'll always be people complaining regardless of what they do.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 am

Totamo wrote:
Way to ignore my post about what would be the most sensible answer.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
I agree with you, universe 7 and 6 don't need to literally fight everybody.

I hope Toyotaro just gives them key fights with major characters instead of having them fight every loser that wants to go ten rounds but can't even get past the first.

By having less noteable fighters be eliminated off panel, your giving more panel and page space to things that actually matter.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Because if you make other universes fight other universes like they did in the first episode, people will complain about a lack of focus or U7 isn't getting enough screentime like every single character that has been elimenated!!!!

have you not been paying attention?!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm

I don't think it'll happen like that as it'll seem forced but instead at the end of each main fight they'll announce that X amount of fighters have also fallen out.

If there's anything good to come out of all these fights in the anime is that it probably helped the staff really get used to them so future arcs will be a lot easier for them to animate fights. I also give them credit for actually giving each universe 10 fighters with designs, voices and names. When the arc was announced I thought they'd just show 3-4 of each universe while everything else was unseen in the background.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:30 pm

SSBlue-tiers should be able to send fodders flying out of the ring just by powering up.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:42 pm

precita wrote:There's no way the manga is going to show every fighter knocked out like the anime. I'm willing to bet half the fighters especially all the fodder are knocked out off-panel.
You wish.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:SSBlue-tiers should be able to send fodders flying out of the ring just by powering up.
Unless they save their stamina for later.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm

I mean no ones seriously going to agree with one another on what Toyotarou should do. Toyotarou should so what he believes is the best way to convey this tournament because he’s writing the manga. People are gonna complain no matter what he does so he should do what he wants to.

But obviously, Toriyama portrays the Dragon Team to be stronger than everyone else, specially since Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and Super. Not so much with Battle of Gods and the Hakaishin Beerus Arc but with Resurrection F and the Golden Freeza Arc, it was stated that Gokuh and Vegeta together could have defeated Golden Freeza. In the Sixth Universe Arc, Gokuh and Vegeta dominated but if they couldn’t learn about Hit's Tokitobashi, they would have lost. With the Future Trunks Arc, Toriyama originally had Potara Zamasu's power to the point where two Super Saiyan Blues could have handled him. With this current arc, Ultra Instinct is the only way to defeat Jiren.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Unless they save their stamina for later.
Knocking out fodder when you're that powerful is the equivalent of you raising your finger. It doesn't waste their stamina, we've seen characters effortlessly push back opponents just by raising their aura a bit.

The only way the ToP makes sense is if the strong characters fought each-other from the start. It would be interesting if Toyotaro has Goku vs Jiren right away, but I'm sure he'll just save it for the end.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
You wish.
I doubt there's anyone who can draw that many characters and fights so there's going to be a good number going out off screen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 pm

sintzu wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
You wish.
I doubt there's anyone who can draw that many characters and fights so there's going to be a good number going out off screen.
Pretty much the god's battle Royal in the manga practically shows that not many people are gonna get enough time to shine in this arc

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Meshack wrote:I mean no ones seriously going to agree with one another on what Toyotarou should do. Toyotarou should so what he believes is the best way to convey this tournament because he’s writing the manga. People are gonna complain no matter what he does so he should do what he wants to.
I agree. With a fanbase so big as the db fanbase is, even if Toriyama suddenly thought about something that only writers like Togashi would pull out (probably imposible but whatever), there would be a lot of hate and endless complaints.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 pm

sintzu wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
You wish.
You are aware the manga is monthly hell he could cut corners by re using poses like he did previously then later on the the tournament the battle will get better like the anime.In the first he could eliminate lilibeu,nink,murisam,Rota,sorrel,comfrey,jirasen,murichim,the preecho.That is a lot of people you can eliminate in 1 or 2 panel in the first chapter of the rumble since is 45 pages.
Last edited by The gr on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Unless they save their stamina for later.
Knocking out fodder when you're that powerful is the equivalent of you raising your finger. It doesn't waste their stamina, we've seen characters effortlessly push back opponents just by raising their aura a bit.

The only way the ToP makes sense is if the strong characters fought each-other from the start. It would be interesting if Toyotaro has Goku vs Jiren right away, but I'm sure he'll just save it for the end.
It actually seems that it would be harder for them to NOT knock all the fodders out through power alone. Goku specifically has to restrain his and Beerus' ki to stop the shockwaves from taking out the universe, so if Goku and Jiren allowed their ki to flow uncontrolled everyone else should get blown away instantly.