Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm

pacz360 wrote:Pretty much the god's battle Royal in the manga practically shows that not many people are gonna get enough time to shine in this arc
The anime with all its staff had trouble finding ways to use all the characters so it's unrealistic to expect one person to do what they did or even better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Would it be better, if in the manga, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter.

Post by The gr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:01 pm

pacz360 wrote: Pretty much the god's battle Royal in the manga practically shows that not many people are gonna get enough time to shine in this arc
I am expecting a lot of elimination done in 1 or 3 panels,especially for universes like 10 or 9,as long is not someone from 7 or 6 hogging all the point i won't be complaining.The god rumble almost everyone got their time to shine through iwne,arack and geene did nothing impressive,that's 9 out of 12 god that had their moment to shine,that is pretty good.
Mostly active on discord.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 pm

The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Pretty much the god's battle Royal in the manga practically shows that not many people are gonna get enough time to shine in this arc
I am expecting a lot of elimination done in 1 or 3 panels,especially for universes like 10 or 9,as long is not someone from 7 or 6 hogging all the point i won't be complaining.The god rumble almost everyone got their time to shine through iwne,arack and geene did nothing impressive,that's 9 out of 12 god that had their moment to shine,that is pretty good.
Maybe but still 80 characters battle Royal especially in manga format is gonna be difficult
Toyo probably going to have pick which character from each universes that he would want focus on

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:29 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote:So one of the biggest complaints a lot of people have with the arc is that U7 are too strong and the other universes have too many weak fighters. Would you be ok if in one chapter, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter, and by fodder I mean all of the non main warriors.
no. just make universes fight each other instead of just U7 and U6
This or make the fodder fight the lower tiers of U7,don't give everyone to Goku and Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:05 pm

That would be fucking terrible. And the worst way of handling a concept like the Tournament of Power (Battle Royal) as it negates the idea of competition. But unfortunately, I can imagine something like this happening.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 pm

I think he will focus on some fights, show other fights going on the background and then zoom in on those secondary fights when the KO happens.

That way he doesn't have to draw hundreds of long consecutive fights and chapters but you still feel like chaos is going on. I think that approach would work.

IIRC his Dragon Team vs Freeza goons was good.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm

I would like to see Toyotarō use his method from the Revival of F manga. We started with the Turtle Hermit's battle and, as we saw his staff disintegrate in his hand, we cut to Piccolo battling in the same panel and shifted the focus to him. As Piccolo dealt with his opponents, we saw Gohan-kun fly by in the same panel and the focus shifted to him. This implies that, even off-screen, each character is constantly fighting and we get to see the most impressive moments of their battles as the focus shifts from character to character. I think this would be a very effective way to maximize action and character usage during the tournament.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote:So one of the biggest complaints a lot of people have with the arc is that U7 are too strong and the other universes have too many weak fighters. Would you be ok if in one chapter, Toyo knocks out all of the fodder including from U7 in one chapter, and by fodder I mean all of the non main warriors.
Bingo. We need an actual battle royal with other participants fighting each other.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:23 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Unless they save their stamina for later.
Knocking out fodder when you're that powerful is the equivalent of you raising your finger. It doesn't waste their stamina, we've seen characters effortlessly push back opponents just by raising their aura a bit.

The only way the ToP makes sense is if the strong characters fought each-other from the start. It would be interesting if Toyotaro has Goku vs Jiren right away, but I'm sure he'll just save it for the end.
It actually seems that it would be harder for them to NOT knock all the fodders out through power alone. Goku specifically has to restrain his and Beerus' ki to stop the shockwaves from taking out the universe, so if Goku and Jiren allowed their ki to flow uncontrolled everyone else should get blown away instantly.
Goku took out fodder like the Ginyu Force just fine without losing stamina or killing anyone. There's literally no good reason Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, Toppo, Hit and Freeza don't rofl stomp everyone else within the first minute of the tournament.

Either do this, or make the strong people fight one another while the fodder take each other on, cause the anime insistently inserting Goku into almost every battle it can and NOT have him effortlessly annihilate anyone outside the top tier because reasons is ridiculous.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

I certainly wouldn't enjoy Toyo fodderizing most of the u7 crew in a manner that screamed, "let's get the trash out of the way". It's to be expected that many fights will be off screened or that opponents will be knocked off at an accelerated rate, so having u7 not be on everyone's hit list might be the remedy toyo goes after. He could alternatively have everyone go after u7 and get annihilated and then have the big guns start knocking out the weaker u7 members. He could even try to write the stronger members of u7 out for a while so the weak ones can shine. No matter what happens I'm sure people won't be happy, and that's just how it goes.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 am

JazzMazz wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote: Well, then what will please them?
Way to ignore my post about what would be the most sensible answer.
I agree with you, universe 7 and 6 don't need to literally fight everybody.

I hope Toyotaro just gives them key fights with major characters instead of having them fight every loser that wants to go ten rounds but can't even get past the first.

By having less noteable fighters be eliminated off panel, your giving more panel and page space to things that actually matter.
I understand your point but we don't need him to rush into the important battles because they are the cooler ones to read. He should have a reasonable pace to this tournament and not knockout the weaker characters in one chapter. It will just look bad from that view of why bring those characters if you are not going to use them. To me, that is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 am

majinwarman wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Way to ignore my post about what would be the most sensible answer.
I agree with you, universe 7 and 6 don't need to literally fight everybody.

I hope Toyotaro just gives them key fights with major characters instead of having them fight every loser that wants to go ten rounds but can't even get past the first.

By having less noteable fighters be eliminated off panel, your giving more panel and page space to things that actually matter.
I understand your point but we don't need him to rush into the important battles because they are the cooler ones to read. He should have a reasonable pace to this tournament and not knockout the weaker characters in one chapter. It will just look bad from that view of why bring those characters if you are not going to use them. To me, that is just a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm not saying he should knock out the weaker characters in a single chapter, I'm saying he doesn't need to give focus to characters that aren't going to amount to anything, and he could do this by having characters by other universes also eliminating characters in the background progressively. Universe 7 doesn't need to fight literally everybody.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:56 am

OLKv3 wrote:
I agree with this. It just has to feel like a Battle Royale which means that Toyotaro can have an elimination for every few panels in the beginning then as it becomes less hectic more organized group fights and "stories" between the fighters. I hope it's not as padded and Goku obsessed as the anime, but Toyotaro doesn't need to rush it either.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 am

TobyS wrote:I think he will focus on some fights, show other fights going on the background and then zoom in on those secondary fights when the KO happens.

That way he doesn't have to draw hundreds of long consecutive fights and chapters but you still feel like chaos is going on. I think that approach would work.
That's a good sensible approach. I'm hoping it's how he handles it at the beginning and middle when there's tons of fighters around.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 am

sintzu wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
precita wrote:There's no way the manga is going to show every fighter knocked out like the anime. I'm willing to bet half the fighters especially all the fodder are knocked out off-panel.
You wish.
I doubt there's anyone who can draw that many characters and fights so there's going to be a good number going out off screen.
Murata drew 136 pages with high detail and quality along with 4 colour pages and he is back to drawing the next chapter.He is going to draw two mangas with 100 full coloured pages along with his opm work in the next year.I think he might pull it but it's still difficult.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: You wish.
I doubt there's anyone who can draw that many characters and fights so there's going to be a good number going out off screen.
Murata drew 136 pages with high detail and quality along with 4 colour pages and he is back to drawing the next chapter.He is going to draw two mangas with 100 full coloured pages along with his opm work in the next year.I think he might pull it but it's still difficult.
But isn't one punch man like bi monthly

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 am

If the eliminations were executed and portrayed in a manner that's befitting for this every side for themselves royale then I wouldn't mind it. Logically, it would make sense for the stronger faces to preoccupy themselves with each other so that the lesser men can receive their moments. The whole process will likely be condensed down into a shortened rendition of the TOP with a universe possibly going out every other chapter or so.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:23 am

Totamo wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
But isn't one punch man like bi monthly
Nah,murata draws with his own pace as far as I understand he doesn't have a deadline,he just starts drawing as soon as he receives story board from one.Btw It is also available for free otherwise sales would be even higher.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 am

It's a possibility, he didn't care to draw Piccolo vs Frost, so I see this as plausible.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 am

That would definitely not be better, as it'd in a way invalidate having ten contestants per universe to begin with. Why do that when you're just gonna throw them away?
A better choice is to instead increase the amount of fights going on at once. While the "main" Universe 7 battles are happening, other contestants are fighting in the background, maybe getting a panel or so each for their eliminations. One of the biggest complaints have been that the tournament in the anime is just everyone standing still or taking their turn losing to Universe 7, so this would help remedy that. Perhaps Jiren could suddenly decide to eliminate most of a universe really quickly, too, in order to help hype him up. But this whole process wouldn't happen in just one chapter.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link