So it seems no SSG Vegeta in the anime

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

So it seems no SSG Vegeta in the anime

Post by Kishido » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 am

Who else find it sad?

Next week preview we SSG Goku but Vegeta still just as SSJ... and I somehow doubt they will show it against Jiren

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Re: So it seems no SSG Vegeta in the anime

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 am

Toei has a real problem to use SSJ form.
The SSBLUE level is completely random, appear by example far weaker than SSGOD although kale was weaker against Blue.
Goku use SS3 only for 2 seconds by now, why ?
And we know that Vegeta own a really strong SS2 form...
Toei refuse to have Vegeta SS2 although Goku SS2 is overused.....
Seems Vegeta will never used SSGOD cause Toei know only SS + SSBLUE for him...
That's so so bad....

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:41 am

We thought for the longest time that Goku wouldn't use it again in the anime then out of nowhere he used it so don't be surprised if Vegeta uses it in some random episode like a 2.0 baseball one.

An anime writer was asked about it when Goku used it with Hit and he said Vegeta can as well so it'll happen if whoever's writing the episode wants to use it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 am

sintzu wrote:An anime writer was asked about it when Goku used it with Hit and he said Vegeta can as well so it'll happen if whoever's writing the episode wants to use it.
Got a link to that statement?
You are talking about Toshio right?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 am

dbgtFO wrote:Got a link to that statement?
I honestly don't have a link or know who said it as I never memorized any of their names but I'm pretty sure that's what was said. Someone will see this and probably post a link.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 am

They're too lazy or time constrained to design a SSG model for Vegeta and go to the trouble of drawing something new that doesn't have to be there.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:57 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Toshio said he "thinks" Vegeta can use Super Saiyan God (i.e. he's not certain?). We could see it in the anime someday, but considering Vegeta still doesn't use SSJ3 most likely because he has Blue, I don't really see him using God just because there's less stamina drain.

To be fair, though, this is a little flawed because, by my own logic, he would have no reason to use SSJ1 either; and to that I say, I don't know how to justify that :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
sintzu wrote:An anime writer was asked about it when Goku used it with Hit and he said Vegeta can as well so it'll happen if whoever's writing the episode wants to use it.
Got a link to that statement?
He specifically said he 'thinks' Vegeta can. Not that he could.
ShinTenshin wrote:Toei has a real problem to use SSJ form.
The SSBLUE level is completely random, appear by example far weaker than SSGOD although kale was weaker against Blue.
Goku use SS3 only for 2 seconds by now, why ?
And we know that Vegeta own a really strong SS2 form...
Toei refuse to have Vegeta SS2 although Goku SS2 is overused.....
Seems Vegeta will never used SSGOD cause Toei know only SS + SSBLUE for him...
That's so so bad....
Vegeta only got a temporary rage boost on Super Saiyan 2 in the Battle of Gods Saga, it wasn't permeant. Goku also only used Super Saiyan 2 against the U6 Saiyans to match them since Cali was using Super Saiyan 2.

Super Saiyan God being in the manga was Toyo's idea as he stated in an interview, not Toriyama's. So Toei doesn't have to give it to him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 pm

From what I’ve seen so far, the script writers disregard the power to allow certain things to happen for, I guess you can say, marketing purposes but I don’t know if that’s the right word. Let’s look at Gokuh versus Kale. Gokuh went Blue against Kale but was inferior to her until we got to the point where she and Caulifla went against Gokuh together. Gokuh barely had stamina but was regaining it as he fought Caulifla, then Kale and Caulifla. When Gokuh and Kale first fought, it looked like Gokuh had no control over what he could do against Kale. I feel like they just wanted to recreate the Broly and Gokuh scene but with Blue. In reality, Kale was not stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Gokuh.

For some reason, Toei wants to unnecessarily use Blue but it doesn’t make any sense since the form "drains his stamina bad" but he continues to use it willy-nilly in a tournament where you’re stamina is vital. Again, Gokuh used God against both Caulifla and Kale which I find very unnecessary since the God and Blue are on completely different levels than Super Saiyan 1, 2, and 3. There’s no way that needing God for Caulifla and Kale was very needed. I think Toei needs to work on their writing. I don’t care iwhat you think about it but it’s very bad in the power regard. There’s no consistency and they’re doing it for no reason at all. It makes no sense for a story perspective and that’s really terrible.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 pm

TBMx wrote:They're too lazy or time constrained to design a SSG model for Vegeta and go to the trouble of drawing something new that doesn't have to be there.
They’re not lazy, they just don’t need it at this point.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 pm

He doesn't need it. I don't understand the obsession is with Vegeta having all the SSJ forms that Goku has. First, it was displeasure that Vegeta didn't get SSJ3 and now it's SSJG.

Just let Vegeta do his own thing. Him getting SSJG at this stage is pointless.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Him getting SSJG at this stage is pointless.
Not quite. We can't play as Super Saiyan Goku Black and Super Saiyan God Vegeta in games yet because they didn't appear in the anime, preventing us from doing some specific fights. Only Dende knows when we're gonna be able to play as them...
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Why would it be useless for Vegeta to use God? So we should say the same as Goku.

It is VERY strange to see him having to resort to SSJ or even Blue against much weaker enemies (in which he could only use God).
The anime has already implied that it has this form, it does not make sense that it does not use

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 pm

It is weird. Vegeta only uses base, SS1 or SSblue. So not lazy? They can't even be bothered to illustrate some lightning around his aura for SS2.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Given that Toyotarō is credited with having Vegeta reacquire SSJ Red in the manga, implying that it wouldn't have otherwise happened, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the anime choses not to pick up this plot point, despite Gokū (finally) reacquiring it in the anime as he did in the manga. While it does feel a bit incomplete to me for Vegeta not to have reacquired it in the anime, Toei hasn't exactly been consistent with regard to what each Saiyajin can do.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm

People thought Goku was done with red too but showed up with red against Dyspo. Even used the manga's "switch n bait" from red to blue.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Hopefully. Vegeta doesn't need to have all forms Goku has.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Hopefully. Vegeta doesn't need to have all forms Goku has.
SSB without SSG is like SS2 without SS1. Makes no sense. And seeing Vegeta go into either Super saiyan 1 or Blue everytime gets real boring.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:39 am

Miracles wrote:People thought Goku was done with red too but showed up with red against Dyspo. Even used the manga's "switch n bait" from red to blue.
It's strange that they just gave Goku Vegeta's invention from the manga. I don't get that decision at all. I think that's the main reason he should have it, is because he invented that technique. I mean sheesh, give the poor bastard something. I actually thought that and Gamma Burst Flash were some good ways to freshen up Vegeta's fighting style, but he has yet to show either in the anime.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 am

BWri wrote:
Miracles wrote:People thought Goku was done with red too but showed up with red against Dyspo. Even used the manga's "switch n bait" from red to blue.
It's strange that they just gave Goku Vegeta's invention from the manga. I don't get that decision at all. I think that's the main reason he should have it, is because he invented that technique. I mean sheesh, give the poor bastard something. I actually thought that and Gamma Burst Flash were some good ways to freshen up Vegeta's fighting style, but he has yet to show either in the anime.
I keep on seeing people say that Goku stole Vegeta's idea, but I think people are forgetting that Goku was the one that came up with the idea of switching suddenly between forms.

Technically, it was Vegeta that used Goku's tactic in the manga Hit fight(which was an awful fight), and expanded upon it.

So technically the anime gave Goku a tactic that was used by Vegeta, that he stole from watching Goku.