U7 Final Four

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: U7 Final Four

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Chuquita wrote:Goku (because Goku)
Freeza (because he hasn't served whatever reason they brought him back for plot-wise yet, imo)
17 (because the director of this arc is a big fan of him)
Gohan (because they made such a big deal out of him being team leader and getting back into shape)

That's my theorized final four.

Vegeta's been awful background-charactery this arc; his characterization waffling depending on who the writer of any given episode is. I think he's going to get his cool Takahashi episode in January and then he's rung out either that week or the week after.
Those are some good predictions and we will have to wait and see if you are right. (Those picks are the same as mine by the way.)
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:17 pm

The more difficult decision among most of us is the final three.

Goku and Freeza stay.

It’s down to Vegeta vs Gohan. If Vegeta gets UI in episode 122 or 123 than he’s in the clear but otherwise...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:02 am

With the way they built up 17 before the tournament, they better give him an epic fight that spans a few episodes before he gets knocked out or I'm going to be disappointed.

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:00 am

Final Four = Piccolo, Piccolo, Tien, and Hit. All the combatants left clones in the arena, Piccolo left two.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am

Lapislettuce wrote:In what world would 18 last longer than 17 ?
It's nothing against #17, I just had #18 in there as a wild card type. Plus, I was thinking that maybe DB would continue the trend of having a strong female presence around -- that pick was made only after Piccolo went out embarrassingly . It's not entirely about who is stronger than who (see: Piccolo) -- #17 may attempt to save his sister from getting knocked out, and then get knocked out himself in the process.
Chuquita wrote:Vegeta's been awful background-charactery this arc;
I really don't want Vegeta to go out next (or even at all), but another thing that may go against him is chronology of elimination of Goku's rivals/former rivals. If the trend continues, Vegeta will be in the stands next. That would make things too predictable though. I still have Vegeta outlasting the cyborg pair, and I'm still holding onto Vegeta's words to Cabba about winning the whole thing.

I just realized that my Final Four has absolutely zero team chemistry in any way, shape, or form ( :lol: ). Vegeta and Gohan may be able to get close to being on the same page. The consensus so far says Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Freeza. Narratively, that would be for the best, I think. Freeza -- the former "emperor of the universe" having to team alongside "those lower life-form Saiyajin monkeys" for universal survival would indeed be ironic, obviously... and poetic.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:56 am

There we have it: Son Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, and #17. Some wild rice vegetable soup and avocado milkshake for anyone that got that right!

My prediction for U7 final four nearly happened back in episode #121, but Goku and #17 were both saved by their teammates from ring-out losses.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am

I'm happy 17 is in the final four. I have been in love with his character and how he's been portrayed ever since he was re-introduced.
I expected more out of Gohan but thinking about it, I'm actually super happy with the fact they haven't forced a rage power-up/whatever else and decided to play him as the no-nonsense warrior like he was in the future. Piccolo's training in episode 88 about making Gohan a true warrior who doesn't fight basing on his emotions definitely paid off, so props to Toei for following their own set-up.
I hope Toriyama has some plans for the future of Gohan, because I would love to see him slowly getting back on track and eventually surpassing even Vegeta and his father.

It's very difficult to predict exactly what will happen in the finale of the ToP. Although I'm sure that somewhere, someone has correctly predicted the outcome.
My current prediction is that 17 goes out to Toppo next episode. Freeza will then beat Toppo and Vegeta will lose to Jiren on a 1vs1 battle while Goku tries to get Ultra Instinct back. In the end I don't think Freeza will get his wish, but Goku will keep his word and resurrect him.
I also believe that somehow U7, U6 and U11 will be alive in the end, but for the other universes I'm not sure they will be brought back.
Super could very well end with a promise that a new Tournament of Power will be held in the future.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 am

TheOne wrote:Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and 17.

Realistically I should add Gohan, but we just saw his “full power” not too long ago, but we haven’t seen 17s.
BAM! You called it

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:19 am

emperior wrote:I'm happy 17 is in the final four. I have been in love with his character and how he's been portrayed ever since he was re-introduced.
I expected more out of Gohan but thinking about it, I'm actually super happy with the fact they haven't forced a rage power-up/whatever else and decided to play him as the no-nonsense warrior like he was in the future. Piccolo's training in episode 88 about making Gohan a true warrior who doesn't fight basing on his emotions definitely paid off, so props to Toei for following their own set-up.
I hope Toriyama has some plans for the future of Gohan, because I would love to see him slowly getting back on track and eventually surpassing even Vegeta and his father.

It's very difficult to predict exactly what will happen in the finale of the ToP. Although I'm sure that somewhere, someone has correctly predicted the outcome.
My current prediction is that 17 goes out to Toppo next episode. Freeza will then beat Toppo and Vegeta will lose to Jiren on a 1vs1 battle while Goku tries to get Ultra Instinct back. In the end I don't think Freeza will get his wish, but Goku will keep his word and resurrect him.
I also believe that somehow U7, U6 and U11 will be alive in the end, but for the other universes I'm not sure they will be brought back.
Super could very well end with a promise that a new Tournament of Power will be held in the future.
Thank you for your kind words about 17 <3

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 am

Lapislettuce wrote: Thank you for your kind words about 17 <3
Congrats on your boy 17 making it to the final four. Your faith in him has paid off. :thumbup:

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Congrats on your boy 17 making it to the final four. Your faith in him has paid off. :thumbup:
Thank youuu <3

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Congrats on you boy 17 making it to the final four. Your faith in him has paid off. :thumbup:
Indeed Lapislettuce, I am with BlueBasilisk, Many Congratzs on 17's Accomplishments and Making it this far. It is Impressive that 17 has made it this far when many where not expecting him to, but you and others kept with him no matter what, this is true Fandom. :)

Also ontop of that he has been written well, smart and clever that gives good character reasons why he made it this far.

I like it too that more Non-Saiyan Characters are being in the main big battles as well from the old Status Quo we are used to.

I am Sad to See Gohan Go but Felt he had an Amazing Run, but Gohan and 17 have Impressed me this Arc and I never Expected that.

When the Next DB Series comes back I hope they keep this going with 17 and give him more Development! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 am

emperior wrote:I'm happy 17 is in the final four. I have been in love with his character and how he's been portrayed ever since he was re-introduced.

NO MORE TOURNAMENTS OF POWER!!! PLEASE, NO MORE!!! No, but seriously - No. I feel like we need to move on from this whole different universe tournament gimmick because it's getting old and fast. That being said, glad 17 lasted longer than Gohan. Shows an android can outlast a Saiyan and I love that. I've always wanted 17 to be reintroduced as a badass among the main characters and Toei's done that.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Congrats on you boy 17 making it to the final four. Your faith in him has paid off. :thumbup:
Indeed Lapislettuce, I am with BlueBasilisk, Many Congratzs on 17's Accomplishments and Making it this far. It is Impressive that 17 has made it this far when many where not expecting him to, but you and others kept with him no matter what, this is true Fandom. :)

Also ontop of that he has been written well, smart and clever that gives good character reasons why he made it this far.

I like it too that more Non-Saiyan Characters are being in the main big battles as well from the old Status Quo we are used to.

I am Sad to See Gohan Go but Felt he had an Amazing Run, but Gohan and 17 have Impressed me this Arc and I never Expected that.

When the Next DB Series comes back I hope they keep this going with 17 and give him more Development! :thumbup:
Thank you so much ! your words always bring such a smile on my face ! especially after reading some salty comments like "Uh nu 17 should have been out befur Gohan" it's so stupid that some people think they're entitled to decide who gets to stay lol but thank you for your supports it means so much and i hope we see 17 in future material.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm

mecha3000 wrote:

NO MORE TOURNAMENTS OF POWER!!! PLEASE, NO MORE!!! No, but seriously - No. I feel like we need to move on from this whole different universe tournament gimmick because it's getting old and fast. That being said, glad 17 lasted longer than Gohan. Shows an android can outlast a Saiyan and I love that. I've always wanted 17 to be reintroduced as a badass among the main characters and Toei's done that.
I too don't want any more tournaments, but we never know and nowadays they are cheap ways for Toriyama to introduce new characters from the other universes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Congrats on you boy 17 making it to the final four. Your faith in him has paid off. :thumbup:

Thank you so much ! your words always bring such a smile on my face ! especially after reading some salty comments like "Uh nu 17 should have been out befur Gohan" it's so stupid that some people think they're entitled to decide who gets to stay lol but thank you for your supports it means so much and i hope we see 17 in future material.
Always Glad to for My Friends Lapislettuce and Honored that it means allot. :)

I know what it is like as you know with My Fandom, to see you Favorite Get Harpooned for whatever various reason and it can get to you and it is hard to understand. I got Tired of the Harpooning long ago, each character has their Fanbase and each on deserves respect cause that is what you would want for yours as well.

I felt Gohan did amazing and it should not be set on 17's shoulders unjustifiably why he did not go further or not understand why he did not go further. One has to appropriate what they did get and use that to Honor their favorites the most!

It is not how much good you get but the Substance of what you already got and how you use that to glorify and show why this character You Like was so Good. That is the Best response to when your character finally goes and it helps build their fanbase.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah, count me in on the #17 congratulations wagon. Seriously, the guy deserved it after being totally forgotten back in the Boo arc. And game developers are taking note also. #17 (ToP arc) is now a DLC character in Xenoverse. That's saying something. Here's hoping Roshi will follow suit. They've GOT to make the guy capable of flight!

You know, all these great moments some of those guys had (#17, Roshi, Frieza) in the ToP saga ... it will be such a freaking waste if they're not utilized more as characters in a future DB series ...

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Yeah, count me in on the #17 congratulations wagon. Seriously, the guy deserved it after being totally forgotten back in the Boo arc. And game developers are taking note also. #17 (ToP arc) is now a DLC character in Xenoverse. That's saying something. Here's hoping Roshi will follow suit. They've GOT to make the guy capable of flight!

You know, all these great moments some of those guys had (#17, Roshi, Frieza) in the ToP saga ... it will be such a freaking waste if they're not utilized more as characters in a future DB series ...
17 has received the worst treatment EVER (no hyperbole, really) in Dragon Ball FighterZ, so him shining Super is a poetic justice.

They're gonna have to fix this garbage at some point now.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:50 am

Slaythe wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Yeah, count me in on the #17 congratulations wagon. Seriously, the guy deserved it after being totally forgotten back in the Boo arc. And game developers are taking note also. #17 (ToP arc) is now a DLC character in Xenoverse. That's saying something. Here's hoping Roshi will follow suit. They've GOT to make the guy capable of flight!

17 has received the worst treatment EVER (no hyperbole, really) in Dragon Ball FighterZ, so him shining Super is a poetic justice.

Would you even care about 17 being playable if not for Super spotlighting him more? Just curious.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 pm

mecha3000 wrote:
Slaythe wrote:

Would you even care about 17 being playable if not for Super spotlighting him more? Just curious.
Yeah, he would. Trust me.