U7 Final Four

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

U7 Final Four

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

We're getting closer and closer to crunch time in this ToP(!!). This three-eyed cowboy would like to throw out one final prediction regarding our U7 combatants. It'll probably turn out to be incorrect -- like the couple other little predictions that I made -- but that's beside the point. This is all in good fun!

Who do ya'll got for your U7 Final Four?

Mine? I got Vegeta, #18, Freeza, and Gohan (in no particular order) -- with Gohan as the last member standing. That's my final answer. I had previously been on the fence about Piccolo or #17 getting in there, but Piccolo feigned weakness and ineptitude (for plot purposes to be revealed later) and is in the stands now. I switched around the cyborg duo.

Kanzenshuu: But... uh... where's Goku? He's the main character of the whole story. And this is Super... Shueisha/Toei would never risk taking GOKU out of play. We can't take your answer seriously. Two words... ULTRA. INSTINCT.

Me: Goku will "eliminate" himself. How will it happen? I have no explanation!

Anyway, let's see what the consensus here has to say.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: U7 Final Four

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Goku , Vegeta , Freeza and Gohan.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 pm

My prediction:
This is Super. There is no way Goku will not be there.

The final four will be Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, and Frieza. 18 and 17 will be eliminated by Hirudegarn and Hatchiyack's bastard child.

Gohan will fight Dyspo. Vegeta will fight Toppo (after getting schooled by Jiren). Goku will fight Jiren. Frieza will remain in the background and surprise KO Jiren after he is weakened. Alternatively, if Vegeta is incapacitated by Jiren, Frieza will fight Toppo. That dynamic will be interesting to see: justice vs pure evil.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Goku, because he's Goku. Gohan because he's been built-up as one of the last surviving members. Freeza because he should have some sub-plot that lasts until the end of the tournament.

Which leaves either #17, Vegeta or #18 as the last members. #18 seems to be out next episode if we go by the group shot at the end of the NEP and Vegeta is a jobber who'll most likely get downed by Jiren. #17, meanwhile, is just as strong and he seems to have a big role in this arc, he wouldn't have been brought back for nothing.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:#17, meanwhile, is just as strong and he seems to have a big role in this arc, he wouldn't have been brought back for nothing.
He was brought back to interrupt Ribrianne's transformations.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I hope #17 defies expectations and makes it to the final four. He's just been too awesome in every single scene he's in this arc. Such a great character, I'm gonna be sad if he goes back to his island after this and we never see him again in any other future arc.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:but Piccolo feigned weakness and ineptitude (for plot purposes to be revealed later) and is in the stands now. .
Wait, what? Is this another theory going around ?

Anyway, my final 4 were always the same from the beginning : Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Remeber when some were saying Vegeta would lose to Rebrianna ? :lol:

Anyway, Freeza, Goku, Gohan & Vegeta, in that order.

Vegeta will attack Jerin and do something that'll give Goku an opening to take him down then turn his attentions to Toppo which will result in both of them falling out of the ring.

Gohan will then face off against Dyspo and win then join Goku against Jerin and like Vegeta, he'll give Goku a better chance of winning before going out.

Goku will then find someway to win but before Zeno can announce Goku and Freeza as the winners, Freeza knocks Goku out of the ring and gets the dragon balls to himself which will lead directly into the next arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:01 pm

It will most likely be - Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Freeza, but I would replace Vegeta with C17.
fadeddreams5 wrote:My prediction:
This is Super. There is no way Goku will not be there.
Implying Goku wouldn't be in the final four if this was another DB anime...But yeah this is Super, Goku may lose in the end again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 pm

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, so I had no idea about the NEP group shot. I had #18 in for diversity.

Michsi wrote:
Super_Divine_Genki wrote:but Piccolo feigned weakness and ineptitude (for plot purposes to be revealed later) and is in the stands now. .
I have no idea about other theories, but:

With so much explosive power going on at once on the battlefield between U7 and U11 later, maybe they will all get blown out of bounds at the same time. Piccolo's severed arms would be declared technically still in play. A final decision is made, and Piccolo wins! I totally just made that up on the fly just now.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:I haven't seen the latest episode yet, so I had no idea about the NEP group shot. I had #18 in for diversity.

Michsi wrote:
I have no idea about other theories, but:

With so much explosive power going on at once on the battlefield between U7 and U11 later, maybe they will all get blown out of bounds at the same time. Piccolo's severed arms would be declared technically still in play. A final decision is made, and Piccolo wins! I totally just made that up on the fly just now.
I see. It was written with so much certainty I thought something happened to tip people in that direction :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm

If Vegeta loses out early to Jiren, then I can see 17 making it to the end instead.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and 17.

Realistically I should add Gohan, but we just saw his “full power” not too long ago, but we haven’t seen 17s.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Freeza.

i see #17 get defeated by either Toppo or Jiren. Which would be the best way for him to bow out of the tournament.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Gohan

I'm a bit torn on Gohan or 17 though.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Gohan

I'm a bit torn on Gohan or 17 though.
The 'droids are going out whether they get mind controlled or not.

Vegeta is going up against Jiren we know for a fact. Goku is still weak and will be weak again due to the giant robot.

So 17 and 18 go down with U3.

Gohan Vs Dypso, = Gohan Wins
Freeza vs Toppo (villain vs justice too good to miss) = Freeza Wins
Vegeta Vs Jiren = Jiren Wins.

Goku has recovered, fights Jiren.
Goku and Gohan fight Jiren together as in credits.

Freeza steps in at/near the end and tries some shit.

Calling it now.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Asura wrote: #17's Such a great character, I'm gonna be sad if he goes back to his island after this and we never see him again in any other future arc.
I'd like him, Piccolo and especially Gohan to somehow stick around for future arcs. If I had to put $$$ on it I'd say Gohan has the highest chance of making it into the future.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:21 pm

sintzu wrote:
Asura wrote: #17's Such a great character, I'm gonna be sad if he goes back to his island after this and we never see him again in any other future arc.
I'd like him, Piccolo and especially Gohan to somehow stick around for future arcs. If I had to put $$$ on it I'd say Gohan has the highest chance of making it into the future.
Whether he achieves much, if Gohan will be around I assume Piccolo will be there too at least due to his connection to both Son's.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if they were but I don't think the two cyborgs will be around much. If Kuririn is in #18 might tag along with him by extension.

If the Dragon team go to U6 planets idea happens they'd be mental not to write Piccolo goes to other Namek into it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and [sadly] Gohan. If it were by my decision, i would put #17 in Gohan's place, and he can be very useful for teaming with Goku in a fluid way.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Kanious wrote:Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and [sadly] Gohan. If it were by my decision, i would put #17 in Gohan's place, and he can be very useful for teaming with Goku in a fluid way.
Sums it up for me, though I'm not as pessimistic for Gohan.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.