U7 Final Four

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: U7 Final Four

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

TobyS wrote:I'd be pleasantly surprised if they were but I don't think the two cyborgs will be around much.
I don't expect them to be around all the time, especially if Goku and Friends go to Sadal but they should show up every now and then just to help and remind us that they're still relevant.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:41 pm

17 adds a lot to the table in terms of abilities and personality, his scenes have been amazing. He's a lot of fun. Keeping a powerful dude that doesn't rely on transformations would be a breath of fresh air with 3 saiyans and Frieza left.

Sadly yeah it's not looking good, he's falling out of the arena in the NEP, so unless he can kamehameha himself back into the arena at last second he's done .... =(

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 pm

If it wasn't for the NEP, I'd say Goku, Frieza, Vegeta and #17.

But now I think Goku, Frieza, Vegeta and Gohan.

Final Three: Goku, Frieza and Vegeta.

Final Two: Goku & Frieza.

Final: ... fuck it - I'm going with my gut. FRIEZA!

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:14 pm

My predictions:
-18 is eliminated by Aniraza and 17 is eliminated by Toppo.
-Goku, Gohan, Freeza and Vegeta is our Final 4.
-Jiren eliminates Vegeta and then we get Goku-Jiren, Gohan-Dyspo and Freeza-Toppo.
-Gohan wins the tournament.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:13 pm

I’d prefer we didn’t have 3 Saiyans as the final 4.

I’d like 2 Saiyans and 2 none Saiyans to try and diversify the group. I like Gohan, but I’d rather have 17. Unfortunately I’m scared since the androids have always been shown as a package deal, they “might” go out as a package as well.
How i predict the tournament will end:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Slaythe wrote:17 adds a lot to the table in terms of abilities and personality, his scenes have been amazing. He's a lot of fun. Keeping a powerful dude that doesn't rely on transformations would be a breath of fresh air with 3 saiyans and Frieza left.
I've been loving his character in Super, but I still hadn't noticed that detail. Nice catch! Makes me like him even more.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Slaythe wrote:
Sadly yeah it's not looking good, he's falling out of the arena in the NEP, so unless he can kamehameha himself back into the arena at last second he's done .... =(
I don't think he will get eliminated. NEPs are often misleading. Remember how the NEP for 119 showed Vegeta almost falling off the stage?

Anyway, what I think the final 4 will be: Freeza, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta

What I want the final 4 to be: Freeza, Vegeta, 17, 18.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:25 pm

This isn't so much a prediction as it is what I'd like to see happen, but...

Final Four: Gohan, Gokū, Vegeta, and Freeza vs. Jiren, Top, and Dispo
-Vegeta sacrifices his standing in the tournament in order to buy time for Gokū to reach his full power to take on Jiren. Jiren takes out Vegeta. Gohan battles Top. Freeza takes out Dispo.

Final Three: Gohan, Gokū, Freeza vs. Jiren and Top
-Gokū and Jiren, after a battle unlike any seen in Dragon Ball history, eliminate each other simultaneously.

Final Two: Gohan and Freeza vs. Top
-Gohan takes on Top while Freeza watches. Gohan pushes past his former limits in order to reach his previously alluded to new ultimate form different from his father's and eliminates Top.

Final Battle: Gohan vs. Freeza
-The tournament draws closer to its final moments with only Gohan and Freeza remaining. Freeza states that he will eliminate Gohan and use the Super Dragon Balls to place himself above all else in existence. Grand Priest does not approve, but, for the entertainment of both Zen-chan, allows Gohan and Freeza to battle. Having just used up most of his energy against Top, Gohan struggles to keep pace with Golden Freeza. Ultimately, Golden Freeza wears Gohan down and prepares to toss him from the ring. Suddenly, Freeza is nowhere to be seen. Much like SSJ3 during the Boo arc, Golden Freeza's incredible ki output used up the vast majority of his time and he appears in Hell again.

"But...but I was so close! Curse you...curse you filthy Saiyajin monkeys!!"

Gohan rises to his feet, beaten and battered, as the final piece of the pillar disappears into the fighting stage and the Grand Priest declares Son Gohan of Universe Seven the winner of the Tournament of Power. Gohan is then offered the wish on the Super Dragon Balls, but then...

TO BE CONTINUED...

I'll be the rouuuuundabout, the words will maaaaaaake you out and out-
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:26 pm

My guess is Goku-Gohan-Freeza-Vegeta.

Wouldn't mind 17 in over Gohan or Vegeta though.

I definitely don't see Gohan vs Freeza as the finale though.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Black Hawk wrote:This isn't so much a prediction as it is what I'd like to see happen, but...

Final Four: Gohan, Gokū, Vegeta, and Freeza vs. Jiren, Top, and Dispo
-Vegeta sacrifices his standing in the tournament in order to buy time for Gokū to reach his full power to take on Jiren. Jiren takes out Vegeta. Gohan battles Top. Freeza takes out Dispo.

Final Three: Gohan, Gokū, Freeza vs. Jiren and Top
-Gokū and Jiren, after a battle unlike any seen in Dragon Ball history, eliminate each other simultaneously.

Final Two: Gohan and Freeza vs. Top
-Gohan takes on Top while Freeza watches. Gohan pushes past his former limits in order to reach his previously alluded to new ultimate form different from his father's and eliminates Top.

Final Battle: Gohan vs. Freeza
-The tournament draws closer to its final moments with only Gohan and Freeza remaining. Freeza states that he will eliminate Gohan and use the Super Dragon Balls to place himself above all else in existence. Grand Priest does not approve, but, for the entertainment of both Zen-chan, allows Gohan and Freeza to battle. Having just used up most of his energy against Top, Gohan struggles to keep pace with Golden Freeza. Ultimately, Golden Freeza wears Gohan down and prepares to toss him from the ring. Suddenly, Freeza is nowhere to be seen. Much like SSJ3 during the Boo arc, Golden Freeza's incredible ki output used up the vast majority of his time and he appears in Hell again.

"But...but I was so close! Curse you...curse you filthy Saiyajin monkeys!!"

Gohan rises to his feet, beaten and battered, as the final piece of the pillar disappears into the fighting stage and the Grand Priest declares Son Gohan of Universe Seven the winner of the Tournament of Power. Gohan is then offered the wish on the Super Dragon Balls, but then...

TO BE CONTINUED...

I'll be the rouuuuundabout, the words will maaaaaaake you out and out-
Uh, You do know he doesn't have that problem anymore, right?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Uh, You do know he doesn't have that problem anymore, right?
Like I said: what I'd like to see, not a prediction.

When exactly was that stated? If it was stated, it's escaping me.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Uh, You do know he doesn't have that problem anymore, right?
Like I said: what I'd like to see, not a prediction.

When exactly was that stated? If it was stated, it's escaping me.
Oh sorry, i didn't read that part.

He said this in Episode 95, where he was mental training in Hell, and then he mastered the stamina problems that his Golden form had. And he dubbed it True Golden Freeza.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh sorry, i didn't read that part.

He said this in Episode 95, where he was mental training in Hell, and then he mastered the stamina problems that his Golden form had.
No worries!

Hmm, I hadn't thought about that with regard to using up the 24 hours more quickly. I'd initially been under the impression that it simply meant his golden form's power wouldn't tank after a while the way it did in the Revival of F movie, but what you're suggesting is feasible as well.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:We're getting closer and closer to crunch time in this ToP(!!). This three-eyed cowboy would like to throw out one final prediction regarding our U7 combatants. It'll probably turn out to be incorrect -- like the couple other little predictions that I made -- but that's beside the point. This is all in good fun!

Who do ya'll got for your U7 Final Four?

Mine? I got Vegeta, #18, Freeza, and Gohan (in no particular order) -- with Gohan as the last member standing. That's my final answer. I had previously been on the fence about Piccolo or #17 getting in there, but Piccolo feigned weakness and ineptitude (for plot purposes to be revealed later) and is in the stands now. I switched around the cyborg duo.

Kanzenshuu: But... uh... where's Goku? He's the main character of the whole story. And this is Super... Shueisha/Toei would never risk taking GOKU out of play. We can't take your answer seriously. Two words... ULTRA. INSTINCT.

Me: Goku will "eliminate" himself. How will it happen? I have no explanation!

Anyway, let's see what the consensus here has to say.
In what world would 18 last longer than 17 ?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Goku, 17, Frieza and Gohan. Vegeta will shine in ep 122 and 123 and might drop out. i could be wrong though.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

My prediction:

17 and 18 will both go out next episode. The Saiyan trio defeat Aniraza with difficulty.
Then, Vegeta will get eliminated in #122 (after a tough fight) by Jiren.
The last three remaining are Freeza, Goku, Gohan vs Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo. Remember, Heroes spoiled the Freeza vs Jiren fight. I think it's happening, and Freeza will be losing while Gohan will beat Dyspo.

Then, it's 2 vs 2 and it could go either way.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Probably going to be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza.

Alternatively it could be Goku, Gohan, 17 and Freeza.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Hopefully Gohan goes soon. The guy's had enough quality screentime that more than made up for any shortcomings he may have had in the past. He got to take on two ritual form-tier opponents (Saonel and Pirina), displayed a great showing against a seemingly unstoppable robot that was implied to be SSB-tier, and put up a commendable fight against Obuni. Yeah, for such a boring character that's more than enough. I would hate it if Gohan somehow made it to the final three. That would be unfair to characters like 17 and Vegeta, both of whom did not have as many major battles. In my opinion, Gohan's one of those characters, whose presence gets quite redundant after a few showings.

17 on the other hand didn't get nearly as much recognition as Gohan. Sure, he himself also had the opportunity to take out a fair amount of opponents, but they weren't on the same caliber as Gohan's. Plus, 17's demeanor and attitude far outshines Gohan's boring persona. Seriously, the only other character on universe 7 that annoyed me more during this whole tournament was Tien. I was really hoping Gohan would go down with Piccolo or shortly after.

Anyway, my ideal final four would be: Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and 17.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

My prediction:

Jiren takes out Vegeta, Gohan fights Dyspo ,Toppo fights Freeza and Goku fights Jiren.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Goku (because Goku)
Freeza (because he hasn't served whatever reason they brought him back for plot-wise yet, imo)
17 (because the director of this arc is a big fan of him)
Gohan (because they made such a big deal out of him being team leader and getting back into shape)

That's my theorized final four.

Vegeta's been awful background-charactery this arc; his characterization waffling depending on who the writer of any given episode is. I think he's going to get his cool Takahashi episode in January and then he's rung out either that week or the week after.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!