Anyone disappointed we didn't get to see someone disqualified for accidentally killing an opponent?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Anyone disappointed we didn't get to see someone disqualified for accidentally killing an opponent?

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 pm

One of the interesting rules at the start of the TOP is if you kill your opponent, you get disqualified. However we're now nearly at the end of the tournament and that's never happened. I think it would have been interesting to see a character get real excited over beating someone, but then find out they accidentally killed them, and would immediately get disqualified.

Now that we're at the end the last chance they have to do something like that is with Freeza against either Toppo or Dyspo I suppose. Would be funny if the reason Freeza is disqualified isn't because he loses, but he accidentally kills one of them. The look on Freeza's face as Zeno transports him out of the ring into the stands would be priceless. :lol:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Anyone disappointed we didn't get to see someone disqualified for accidentally killing an opponent?

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 pm

I hope Freeza wins the whole thing, so naturally I don't want to see him being a victim of this rule. Not to mention the "suddenly eliminated" moment already happened with Frost, albeit not through killing someone.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Anyone disappointed we didn't get to see someone disqualified for accidentally killing an opponent?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 pm

precita wrote:One of the interesting rules at the start of the TOP is if you kill your opponent, you get disqualified. However we're now nearly at the end of the tournament and that's never happened. I think it would have been interesting to see a character get real excited over beating someone, but then find out they accidentally killed them, and would immediately get disqualified.
That's a rule in all DB canon tournaments and it never happened. It would be cool to happen in ToP but now it's too late.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 pm

This reminds me one funny thing: when everyone, including myself, thought Krillin was gonna kill Jium the bird with his kienzan. :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Nah. I'm glad all the fighters weren't that fucking stupid.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Nah. I'm glad all the fighters weren't that fucking stupid.
One of the fighters could have tried to deliberately lower his defenses and sacrifice his life to eliminate one strong fighter for the sake of the team. That would have been a cool idea and I'm disappointed nobody tried it out.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I actually expected Hit to try to kill Jiren, "sacrificing" himself for the sake of his team (only to fail miserably and be eliminated the normal way). But I suppose I was asking too much.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Doctor. wrote: One of the fighters could have tried to deliberately lower his defenses and sacrifice his life to eliminate one strong fighter for the sake of the team. That would have been a cool idea and I'm disappointed nobody tried it out.
You read my mind. I've been thinking how smart of a tactic that would be to get rid of Jiren. Maybe someone like Gohan could do it for his family.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:32 am

Zamasu55 wrote:This reminds me one funny thing: when everyone, including myself, thought Krillin was gonna kill Jium the bird with his kienzan. :D
I still think it would have been a great moment to see Krillin get eliminated like this to protect 18. Better than the elimination he got anyway.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 am

precita wrote:One of the interesting rules at the start of the TOP is if you kill your opponent, you get disqualified. However we're now nearly at the end of the tournament and that's never happened. I think it would have been interesting to see a character get real excited over beating someone, but then find out they accidentally killed them, and would immediately get disqualified.

Now that we're at the end the last chance they have to do something like that is with Freeza against either Toppo or Dyspo I suppose. Would be funny if the reason Freeza is disqualified isn't because he loses, but he accidentally kills one of them. The look on Freeza's face as Zeno transports him out of the ring into the stands would be priceless. :lol:
Freeza mocked this idea in 108 by saying he wouldn't never be that careless and Freeza is an expert at keeping his victims alive and in great pain. Heck, that was part of his training with Togama.

The idea of someone would be so careless strikes me a dumb. Most of these fighters are professional, so they would know how to fight without killing.
BWri wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:This reminds me one funny thing: when everyone, including myself, thought Krillin was gonna kill Jium the bird with his kienzan. :D
I still think it would have been a great moment to see Krillin get eliminated like this to protect 18. Better than the elimination he got anyway.
I always found it dumb since Krillin has been in several tournament and knows how to fight at his best without killing someone.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 am

HeroR wrote:

Freeza mocked this idea in 108 by saying he wouldn't never be that careless and Freeza is an expert at keeping his victims alive and in great pain. Heck, that was part of his training with Togama.

The idea of someone would be so careless strikes me a dumb. Most of these fighters are professional, so they would know how to fight without killing.
BWri wrote:
I always found it dumb since Krillin has been in several tournament and knows how to fight at his best without killing someone.
Very true. I could only see him doing it if 18 was in danger of getting seriously injured. Krillin is one of the most skilled fighters in the show. He knows his limits.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:29 am

What if Goku accidently kills Jiren :lol: and is eliminated even though he's technically the last standing giving Jiren the win.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ssjgbunnyman

Post by ssjgbunnyman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:32 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:What if Goku accidently kills Jiren :lol: and is eliminated even though he's technically the last standing giving Jiren the win.
Personally I think once that fight begins Goku will request Zeno lift the no killing rule so he could go all out much like he did during the Universe 6 tournament only this time, Zeno would be more willing to do so unlike Beerus and Champa, but that is a good question. Maybe the rule is overlooked just that once and no one gets disqualified, Universe 11 is erased, and Goku gets to wish For his own muffin button.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
One of the fighters could have tried to deliberately lower his defenses and sacrifice his life to eliminate one strong fighter for the sake of the team. That would have been a cool idea and I'm disappointed nobody tried it out.
Not all universes have Dragon Balls. While a few noble fighters may have thought of that, I don't see - hey, wasn't that orc guy willing to disqualify himself in order to ring out Goku? Well, it's not exactly life sacrifice, but it's as close as it got in the ToP. :S

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Indeed. If they're going to be erased anyways why not take out a powerful foe at least? That would be amazing to see Dr Rota sacrifice himself to Jiren to eliminate Jiren lmao

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm

The only one i would have wanted to see killing someone would have been Hit, and this would have only worked if Jiren died. But yeah, it could've been interesting.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am

Well it's not over yet, so it could still happen.
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm disappointed killing isn't allowed period. That's the dumbest pg-13 crap about the tournament of power.

I'm still holding out hope that freeze death beams someone to death.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 pm

The rule exists so stronger fighters have to restrain themselves instead of killing "weaklings" right on the spot, giving those a chance to win using "tactics". The best example would be Roshi having a shot against Frost ( Alas, Mafuba never works when you really need it). I doubt they ever considered having a real kill in the tournament.

julianix wrote:I'm disappointed killing isn't allowed period. That's the dumbest pg-13 crap about the tournament of power.
That's been the case in all the previous tournament of the franchise...
Doctor. wrote:
Wow, I thought the same! But such tactic would only make sense coming from a member of U7, and most of them are way stronger than most of the contestants. Think of all the salt we'll have to cope with if someone like Vegeta was eliminated because some fodder used that trick on him..I can see why Toei didn't take that route. It could have been fun, thou.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Majin Jator wrote:That's been the case in all the previous tournament of the franchise...
What about the Cell Games?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147