How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Post by shadd21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Since the anime implies(while in the manga they outright confirmed) that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, would that make him on par with Beerus, if not stronger?

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Post by buutenks » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:46 pm

shadd21 wrote:Since the anime implies(while in the manga they outright confirmed) that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, would that make him on par with Beerus, if not stronger?
All GoDs are in same tier of power. Their skills just varies. Also Belmod was never stated to be below Beerus IIRC. So Jiren is above the GoDs, all of them, including Beerus.

Also, in the anime, Whis outright says that Jiren is on a higher level than the GoDs. And Whis made this comment while Jiren was still being suppressed. heck Jiren still hasnt showed his full power.

So a 100% Jiren vs 100% Beerus, Jiren would faceroll Beerus.

ofc allot wank Beerus, so they will say Jiren is stronger than Belmod but weaker than Beerus.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 pm

We have no idea.

In the manga Beerus and Quitela are shown to be the two strongest GoDs and Belmod played dead so his standing is unknown

In the anime we have never seen Beerus full power. I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if Beerus could one shot Jiren, he seems to be a moving goal post lol

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:51 pm

They can't be too different.
It's either Jiren a bit stronger than Beerus, or Beerus a bit stronger than Jiren.
The show seems to imply that Jiren is stronger than the GoD, but Beerus went to be a little stronger than SSG to a bit below freakin' SSB Vegetto, so you might never know.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 pm

My money would be on Jiren to dominate Bills. All signs point to that being the case. The only thing Bills has is Hakai, but knowing how Jiren is written, he can probably tank that.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:05 pm

We've yet to see either of their full power. The GoDs all seemed surprised at Jirens strength. But if he was just testing Goku at that point. Who knows what'll happen by the end of the tournament

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:05 pm

In my opinion the Hakaishin have a wide spectrum of power. Champa is weaker than Beerus and Sidra didn't seem that strong either. I think Belmod < Jiren < Beerus.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:45 pm

He's stronger than a Hakaishin (Belmod) who is stronger than Beerus.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Belmod is not > Beerus. Arm wrestling match does not mean anything.

Anyway we don't know.

Toei character description say that Jiren is Hakaishin level and the manga confirmed that is above to Belmod in battle power.

Probably the difference between them is small. Of course Jiren can't stomp Beerus lol

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:58 pm

I doubt he's any stronger, at least what we're shown of him so far. I still think Beerus is top dog amongst the non-Angels or higher beings.
shadd21 wrote:Since the anime implies(while in the manga they outright confirmed) that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, would that make him on par with Beerus, if not stronger?
In the anime, we're not given much of an implication as to how strong Belmod is, while in the manga, it seems safe to say that Belmod is a fair bit weaker than Beerus since only Beerus and Quitela were the last ones standing. You could say that Beerus and Quitela are simply better survivors, lucky, or more strategic, but the direct implication is that they are the strongest GoD's and bitter rivals. Their rivalry may be what pushes them past the other GoDs, so that's why I think Beerus is superior to Belmod and likely still superior to Jiren. I think that Toriyama still wants Beerus and Whis to be measuring sticks for Goku and Vegeta, but we're getting close to the point where they surpass Beerus at least. I just don't think we're at that point.
buutenks wrote: All GoDs are in same tier of power. Their skills just varies. Also Belmod was never stated to be below Beerus IIRC. So Jiren is above the GoDs, all of them, including Beerus.
Can you be more specific with the first statement? Same tier of power could mean a lot. My guess is that you mean they are more or less even, but my translation of "same tier" is that they can simply hurt each other but there are GoDs who are superior/inferior to the rest with a rough hierarchy of power. I think of it like those tournaments in DB, maybe the final one to be exact. If they had a free for all like this, you'd probably get a similar result with Krillin, Yamcha, Tao, and Shen (maybe throw in King Piccolo and Roshi for the hell of it) all getting some good hits in that could cause some good damage to an unsuspecting Piccolo and Goku, but in the end those two would wind up as the last two standing because they are far superior to the rest. That's the tier I see Beerus and the other GoDs being in, but clearly he and Quitela are the Piccolo and Goku of that tier, at least in the manga. I don't see Jiren as above ALL the GoDs, just Belmod, but the anime has given enough evidence to consider it.
Also, in the anime, Whis outright says that Jiren is on a higher level than the GoDs. And Whis made this comment while Jiren was still being suppressed. heck Jiren still hasnt showed his full power.
Yeah, this is one of those bits of evidence that I mentioned, but I take it with a pinch of salt. I'm not confident that Toei has the full picture here and Toyotaro is extremely careful not to mess with Toriyama's vision too much, whereas Toei has screwed the pooch a few times and "corrected" their errors by simply ignoring them. I go by Toyotaro's scaling more than anything and so far he's implied that Beerus and Quitela are over the other GoD's. It's a convenient "out" in case he needs Beerus to be stronger than Jiren later, which I'm choosing to believe is the case. It's not to wank Beerus either, it's simply because I don't think Toriyama would demystify the measuring stick that is Beerus so easily. He hasn't done so yet and I don't think he'll do it until it's narratively important for the character or for Goku.

Also Jiren hasn't shown his full power. Good point. I'm just going on what we've seen so far. If he can potentially double that, then he is truly a scary individual and should be erased by the Zenos before he commits a mutiny, A MUTINY I SAY!
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 pm

My personal prediction is that Jiren's power is equal to Beerus and the other destroyer deities at the absolute weakest and equal to Whis and the other guide angels at the absolute strongest, weaker than the Grand Priest at any rate. In other words, on the 6-10-15 scale, he'd be somewhere from a 10 at weakest to a 15 at strongest. I won't make any concrete judgments on where his power stands until I see how its full extent is eventually portrayed in the manga.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 pm

If Jiren is stronger than Beerus, and Goku defeats Jiren, then that would mean Goku has probably surpassed Beerus. I'm not sure if the show is ready to go there yet. I also don't think Goku will defeat Jiren. So I'd have to go with GoD Beerus being stronger than Jiren. It's a random way of thinking but others have mentioned that there is no solid proof in the anime that Jiren is stronger than Beerus of vice versa.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:42 am

SirTorra wrote:My money would be on Jiren to dominate Bills. All signs point to that being the case. The only thing Bills has is Hakai, but knowing how Jiren is written, he can probably tank that.
It's 2018, we're still calling Beerus "Bills"?

Anyway, we have no idea how strong Jiren is compared to Beerus. Only that Jiren can best Belmond and he's in the same realm of power as the God's.

GeeksetPodcast

Post by GeeksetPodcast » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:06 am

I believe he's as strong or slightly stronger. The fact that he goes toe to toe with Belmond
Geekset Podcast - The only podcast that blends Geek Culture & Hip-Hop Culture.

Available on:
Apple Podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gee ... 28262?mt=2

Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/geeksetpodcast

Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/show/geekset

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:02 am

Legion wrote:Belmod is not > Beerus. Arm wrestling match does not mean anything.

Anyway we don't know.

Toei character description say that Jiren is Hakaishin level and the manga confirmed that is above to Belmod in battle power.

Probably the difference between them is small. Of course Jiren can't stomp Beerus lol
That line about Belmod beating Beerus in an arm wrestling match exists for a reason. The writers are clearly trying to tell us that Belmod is stronger

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:32 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Legion wrote:Belmod is not > Beerus. Arm wrestling match does not mean anything.

Anyway we don't know.

That line about Belmod beating Beerus in an arm wrestling match exists for a reason. The writers are clearly trying to tell us that Belmod is stronger
I thought it was Quitela who beat him in arm wrestling.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:

Anyway we don't know.

I thought it was Quitela who beat him in arm wrestling.
In the manga that is the case. In the anime the armwrestling match hasn't been brought up again.
Neither has the GoD who was supposed to be stronger than Beerus.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:18 am

In anime,only god knows we still don't have confirmation for god who beat beerus in arm wrestling.
In manga,jiren is only stronger in battle power than belmod and they use the same for comparing saibaman with raditz.So,even if jiren is stronger he might still be beaten by belmod and we don't have a clear idea how each hakaishin compares with each other.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:

Anyway we don't know.

Not really.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:04 am

Impossible to tell for two big reasons:

1. We have yet to see Beerus fight at full power
2. We don't know how strong all of the Hakaishin are compared to one another. So as such, we can't determine whether Belmod is stronger than Beerus or vice-versa.