How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:59 am

I love Beerus but his role as the benchmark Goku was trying to achieve is now over . Jiren and Goku are both stronger and possibly by a lot . Now goku’s Goal is Whis

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Amir wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
shadd21 wrote:After the latest ep, How could Goku and Jiren still be below Beerus?
MUI goku effortlessly stomped Full power jiren (already above Belmod), then jiren broke his limits and massively powered up. Beerus can be stronger than belmod, but damn was the gap between full power jiren and limit Breaker jiren HUGE.
Agreed. They should be way above him at this point.

Inb4 people come up with the irrelevant we have never seen Beerus's full power argument.
We also haven’t seen the full power of any god of destruction, yet we know the full power of belmod is weaker than Full Power jiren... and then jiren proceeded to get even massively stronger by breaking his limits. So people can say that FP Beerus is stronger than FP jiren, but LB jiren and MUI goku are beyond hakaishin level already.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:25 pm

There is not a single evidence that even slightlt implies Beerus is above Full power Jiren. Jiren is confirmed stronger than Belmod and in the anime he was stated to probably surpass the STATE of GoD, whilst Beerus wasn't even confirmed to be above Belmod, and even if he was, it still doesn't make him above Jiren.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Jiren si far stronger.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Amir wrote:There is not a single evidence that even slightlt implies Beerus is above Full power Jiren. Jiren is confirmed stronger than Belmod and in the anime he was stated to probably surpass the STATE of GoD, whilst Beerus wasn't even confirmed to be above Belmod, and even if he was, it still doesn't make him above Jiren.
I know what you mean, I’m just saying that even IF beerus was stronger than full power jiren, Limit breaking jiren is FAAR more powerful than he was previously. MUI gokus nd LB jiren are in a class of their own

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Amir wrote:There is not a single evidence that even slightlt implies Beerus is above Full power Jiren. Jiren is confirmed stronger than Belmod and in the anime he was stated to probably surpass the STATE of GoD, whilst Beerus wasn't even confirmed to be above Belmod, and even if he was, it still doesn't make him above Jiren.
I know what you mean, I’m just saying that even IF beerus was stronger than full power jiren, Limit breaking jiren is FAAR more powerful than he was previously. MUI gokus nd LB jiren are in a class of their own
With how events have transpired, it seems clear that Jiren truly was the strongest rival Goku has ever faced.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:30 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
With how events have transpired, it seems clear that Jiren truly was the strongest rival Goku has ever faced.
To bad he is mostlikely going to get erased and be forgoten. Really sad if you think about it. A being who (before breaking his limit) had power beyond a hakashin is a great concept... yet instead of giving him his own saga, they decided to trow him in a tournament setting. Wasnt toriyama trying to convey that a hakaishins power was almost impossible to reach? Yet it took goku less than an hour to go from requiring potaras to get to hakaishin level (ssb vegito) to mastering ultra instinct and bring above the level.

What a shame.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 am

Beerus has been a moving goal post his entire existence. I'm not jumping on the Goku and Jiren > Beerus train until proven otherwise

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 am

Nevaeh wrote:Beerus has been a moving goal post his entire existence. I'm not jumping on the Goku and Jiren > Beerus train until proven otherwise
hows it not proven at this point tho, jiren at FP was confirmed stronger than belmod, then jiren went and got a massive increase in power to rival MUI goku, so unless you believe beerus is massively above belmod ( witch isnt even hinted to be the case infact from whats been seem all GoDs are in the same general range with some being a little above like beerus and quitella ), its pretty self explanatory that dormant power jiren and MUI goku are well beyond beerus at this point.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 am

Nevaeh wrote:Beerus has been a moving goal post his entire existence. I'm not jumping on the Goku and Jiren > Beerus train until proven otherwise
Beerus is no longer a moving goal, thanks to the introduction of the other hakaishins and how he battled agaisnst them. We know other hakaishins can injure beerus (as we saw how battered he was at the end of chapter 29) we know he cant one shot any hakaishin, we know he has a very weak, limited UI.

Beerus is done as a goal now. Goku is going to be striving for higher.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 am

Beerus has Whis training Goku and Vegeta to FIGHT him not just surpass him?
Dragonball goes on without Jiren as Goku and Vegeta get stronger for Beerus, their GOAL.
Beerus is protected by the plot until stated/shown otherwise.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 pm

It doesn't makes sense for Beerus to continue being the goalpost at this point, when Jiren is 1# a rival, 2# is likely about the Hakaishin level after his power boost in 130, and 3# is eager to fight Goku again unlike Beerus who seems to be annoyed whenever Goku is training at his temple.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 am

It's impossible to tell. I think swole no shirt Jiren is on Beerus' level though, since he was able to briefly overpower UI Goku

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 am

Jiren at this point is far above Beerus and so is Goku. Whis said that there was a mortal who was stronger than their respective GoD, and said that the GoD in question was stronger than Beerus. Beerus denied this was the case but either way Belmod is atleast as strong as Beerus and Jiren is stronger than him and Belmod made it sound like Jiren was significantly stronger than him. THEN Jiren surpassed his limits and busted out of his uniform and became even more brokenly overpowered. Based on what I have seen, UI is around 80x stronger than SSB and if that is the case SSB would have to be only 1.25% of Beerus for him to not have surpassed Beerus by this point and Jiren is right there with UI Goku.

UI Goku>LB Jiren>FP Jiren>Belmod>Beerus>= 3rd UI Omen Goku

At this point I think Jiren might be closer to Whis in strength than he is to Beerus.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:36 pm

We don't know how Belmod stacks up against Beerus specifically, strength-wise. All we know for sure is that Jiren's battle power is greater than Belmod's, but not overall combat ability which obviously plays key given Belmod's fighting style. It's like how Beerus' pseudo-UI puts him a notch above most of the GoDs.

All we can assume is that they are in the same realm of strength and that's it since we've never been given so much as a comparison between Beerus and Jiren.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:05 pm

It should be pretty obvious that Jiren is stronger than Beerus. Jiren was stated by Whis to be THE mortal that is stronger than a Hakaishin. This was considering all 12 universes including the 4 universes that were excluded. In the manga, we already saw all the Hakaishins duke it out. We know for sure that he's stronger than Belmoud. In the end, Beerus and Quietela got in the final round. Belmoud was pretending to lie down and would have won that scuffle. Belmoud was the only Hakaishin who didn't need to be healed. We can say that they are all pretty much equal. Therefore, we can indeed conclude that Jiren is stronger than Beerus as well as the rest of the Hakaishins. He's not on Angel level though and neither is Goku even with mastered UI.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 pm

The only argument people have in beerus favor is "we haven't seen his full power yet". All the other stuff thats been said or shown points to the fact that jiren is stronger and probably by a large amount.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 am

Rakurai wrote:We don't know how Belmod stacks up against Beerus specifically, strength-wise. All we know for sure is that Jiren's battle power is greater than Belmod's, but not overall combat ability which obviously plays key given Belmod's fighting style. It's like how Beerus' pseudo-UI puts him a notch above most of the GoDs.

All we can assume is that they are in the same realm of strength and that's it since we've never been given so much as a comparison between Beerus and Jiren.
Dude what are you talking about? There's power and no other factors involved. This is Dragon ball pure strength is king over anything else. and in terms of strength it was implied that:

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

pretty darn clearly. So I mean by the transitive property of dragon ball power shenanigans we can conclude that Jiren>Beerus.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:We don't know how Belmod stacks up against Beerus specifically, strength-wise. All we know for sure is that Jiren's battle power is greater than Belmod's, but not overall combat ability which obviously plays key given Belmod's fighting style. It's like how Beerus' pseudo-UI puts him a notch above most of the GoDs.

Dude what are you talking about? There's power and no other factors involved. This is Dragon ball pure strength is king over anything else. and in terms of strength it was implied that:

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

pretty darn clearly. So I mean by the transitive property of dragon ball power shenanigans we can conclude that Jiren>Beerus.
Jiren > Belmod in battle power. That's the specific fact we know which was emphasized by Toppo.

But Belmod > Beerus? That's just headcanon. This is the same Belmod whose attack was escaped by Liquir who got hurt by Helles who was threatened by one of Beerus' attacks?

All the GoDs are in the same realm of strength. But the manga made it extremely clear that they each have their own unique abilities and so forth. In Belmod's case, he is deceptive and was simply playing dead possum. Even the anime had the exempt GoDs stalemate each other while testing out the arena.

Now can Jiren be stronger than Beerus? Maybe. Can he beat Beerus? Not so sure about that.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Rakurai wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

Jiren > Belmod in battle power. That's the specific fact we know which was emphasized by Toppo.

But Belmod > Beerus? That's just headcanon. This is the same Belmod whose attack was escaped by Liquir who got hurt by Helles who was threatened by one of Beerus' attacks?

All the GoDs are in the same realm of strength. But the manga made it extremely clear that they each have their own unique abilities and so forth. In Belmod's case, he is deceptive and was simply playing dead possum. Even the anime had the exempt GoDs stalemate each other while testing out the arena.

Now can Jiren be stronger than Beerus? Maybe. Can he beat Beerus? Not so sure about that.
Ok the very point you just made contradicts your point. THey are all in their own realm of strength right? So wouldn't it follow that if Jiren is far beyond Belmod who is in that realm of strength then he would be stronger than Beerus? Whis outright stated that Belmod was stronger than Beerus. We didn't know which GoD he was referring to at the time but now it is clear that it is Belmod and so Belmod is stronger than Beerus.

All of the events that you are referencing only happened in the manga and do not apply to the anime continuity.

If for some reason that Jiren wasn't already stronger than Beerus, he certainly was when he broke his limits and became super overpowered.