Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:If Super ends, I just don't understand what a rebrand does for them at this point in time.
Super is established, and is making them a lot of money.

I just hope it is a hiatus, and it returns as Super, though what worries me is, is that if it is a new series, it'll take Funimation ages to license it again, and it'll be a long time before we get it.
Rebrand doesn't make sense this isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! They've struggled for a brand forever and they finally have one plus like you said it means doing all international negotiations again when DBS is already there established, eg. Toei USA and FUNi just did a massive U.S merch roll out!
Kai went off the air for 3 years and returned with 99 so super could return with a 132 next year. The issue isn't it ending as we know DB will be back with super or another show, it'll be the wait. There are so many new established things that we want to see developed (UI, Universes, new villains,etc.) so waiting a year or more is going to be an eternity.

What about Freeza ? how are they going to finish his plot within maybe 1-2 episodes ? I hope it's not something where he'll kill the zenos then everything ends on a major cliffhanger. Come to think of it, the Freeza plot is so big that it gives me hope super won't end.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:51 am

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:If Super ends, I just don't understand what a rebrand does for them at this point in time.

I just hope it is a hiatus, and it returns as Super, though what worries me is, is that if it is a new series, it'll take Funimation ages to license it again, and it'll be a long time before we get it.
Rebrand doesn't make sense this isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! They've struggled for a brand forever and they finally have one plus like you said it means doing all international negotiations again when DBS is already there established, eg. Toei USA and FUNi just did a massive U.S merch roll out!
Kai went off the air for 3 years and returned with 99 so super could return with a 132 next year. The issue isn't it ending as we know DB will be back with super or another show, it'll be the wait. There are so many new established things that we want to see developed (UI, Universes, new villains,etc.) so waiting a year or more is going to be an eternity.
Kai coming back was a very unique circumstance, it wasn't supposed to but Toriko somehow did worse. But that is the thing we don't know with any guarantee if it will come back, it is likely but until Toei communicate something before #131 airs I am worried.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Last thing we need is a rebrand, then the International rollout will take an age again, and we'll never get anywhere.
I just don't see why Super can't be the latest Dragon Ball Series for years to come.

Ouch! a load of new merch hits stores, then Toei announce a new show..... surely not...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Last thing we need is a rebrand, then the International rollout will take an age again, and we'll never get anywhere.
I just don't see why Super can't be the latest Dragon Ball Series for years to come.

Ouch! a load of new merch hits stores, then Toei announce a new show..... surely not...
Toei and communication is practically non existent. I mean we had a whole unnecessary second eng dub of DBS produced due to a lack off communication between branches!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:16 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Rebrand doesn't make sense this isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! They've struggled for a brand forever and they finally have one plus like you said it means doing all international negotiations again when DBS is already there established, eg. Toei USA and FUNi just did a massive U.S merch roll out!

Toei and communication is practically non existent. I mean we had a whole unnecessary second eng dub of DBS produced due to a lack off communication between branches!
What I don't want is Super being replaced by a series of movies.
Fingers crossed they won't keep us hanging.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:57 am

I don't want to go back to only movies either. Having a series allowed Dragon Ball to escape Yamamuro's oppressive artwork over correction. Getting to see a plethora of different art styles via Super has been fun! I also enjoy having new Dragon Ball each week. I remember the slow drip of info the movies had before coming out. The theorizing was enjoyable, but I can't bring myself to focus on the upcoming movie while I'm still focused on the idea of a possible hiatus.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

Chuquita wrote:I don't want to go back to only movies either. Having a series allowed Dragon Ball to escape Yamamuro's oppressive artwork over correction. Getting to see a plethora of different art styles via Super has been fun! I also enjoy having new Dragon Ball each week. I remember the slow drip of info the movies had before coming out. The theorizing was enjoyable, but I can't bring myself to focus on the upcoming movie while I'm still focused on the idea of a possible hiatus.
Who says we're going to movies only?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 pm

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't want to go back to only movies either. Having a series allowed Dragon Ball to escape Yamamuro's oppressive artwork over correction. Getting to see a plethora of different art styles via Super has been fun! I also enjoy having new Dragon Ball each week. I remember the slow drip of info the movies had before coming out. The theorizing was enjoyable, but I can't bring myself to focus on the upcoming movie while I'm still focused on the idea of a possible hiatus.
Who says we're going to movies only?
Nobody said it would happen. I was just responding to what the posters above me on this page said about the idea.

We'll know what's happening 3 days from now.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Oh, hey, I hope Dragon Ball Super loses a timeslot in February to the Winter Olympics. That would definitely help the schedule out and also work into there being less episodes for Box #11.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Oh, hey, I hope Dragon Ball Super loses a timeslot in February to the Winter Olympics. That would definitely help the schedule out and also work into there being less episodes for Box #11.
Only in February? Would a month off help that much?

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Has anyone dug around into the code of the Kitaro website? Perhaps there's something that might spoil/hint at the announcement? We know that Toei isn't always the best when it comes to their website stuff.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Winter Olympics

What channel did they air on last time?

Re: Kitaro

If you're on a pc instead of mobile it should be relatively easy to look up various urls within the site. You can do it on mobile, but in personal experience I've found digging with a pc faster.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 pm

sangofe wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Oh, hey, I hope Dragon Ball Super loses a timeslot in February to the Winter Olympics. That would definitely help the schedule out and also work into there being less episodes for Box #11.
Only in February? Would a month off help that much?
There's only a week that's going to be lost thanks to the Winter Olympics and the Toukyou Marathon airing on 25 February. Still, if they could take an entire month off then the that would definitely help. Four-to-five weeks is four-to-five weeks, not only to give the current staff more time to work on episodes, but make it easier to recruit new staff by giving incentives with extra time.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Sykin wrote:Has anyone dug around into the code of the Kitaro website? Perhaps there's something that might spoil/hint at the announcement? We know that Toei isn't always the best when it comes to their website stuff.
Well i did find this Image But i dont think it is talking about an actually movie. It says the same thing 5 times, each time after a cast list so i think it is just referring to the trailers for the previous anime of Kitaro that they have on the home page
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The worrying thing is if DBS does end on March 25th there is no guarantee it is an hiatus like everyone thinks.
The money that the revival of DB brings in for Toei and Bandai guarantees a continuation (in one form or another). They would be stupid not to with this kind of numbers. It's the #1 money maker for both companies right now.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Literally the only thing that could justify Super ending/taking a break would be a lack of staff due to the new movie, including Toriyama himself being apparently extremely busy with the script and designs.

Anyway, what's the reason for the March 11th break?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Araki wrote:Literally the only thing that could justify Super ending/taking a break would be a lack of staff due to the new movie, including Toriyama himself being apparently extremely busy with the script and designs.
Even then, there have been movies produced while episodes for the long running anime are still being made. The presence of a movie should in no real way hamper Super, unless the movie didn't get enough pre-production time.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Yeah, they don't stop One Piece for their movies. In fact the tv series gets movie tie in tv specials around that time.
Araki wrote:Literally the only thing that could justify Super ending/taking a break would be a lack of staff due to the new movie, including Toriyama himself being apparently extremely busy with the script and designs.

Anyway, what's the reason for the March 11th break?
Nagoya marathon. http://womens-marathon.nagoya/en/outline/general/ It's every year.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Chuquita wrote:Yeah, they don't stop One Piece for their movies. In fact the tv series gets movie tie in tv specials around that time.
Don't forget Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Toriko, Case Closed, Hunter × Hunter... all long running anime that had many movies produced while the episodes were still being made.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:17 pm

This is true. I only picked out One Piece since it's the one sharing the hour block with Super.

I just want this Kitaro announcement to happen so we know 100% if anything is going to happen to Super.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!