Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black Hawk
Regular

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm

RedHeat wrote:You're making me have a mental breakdown.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that this means there won't be anymore weekly Dragon Ball series; we know that this is the conclusion of Dragon Ball Super's anime, but it doesn't mean that there will never again be another Dragon Ball series. I'd honestly be surprised if the movie this December won't at least hint at a brand new series to continue the story.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

sangofe wrote:
Sani007 wrote:"Super ENDING in March"... "There are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show". Unfortunately, that's not a hiatus. Yeah, Dragon Ball it's not over, there will be specials, movies in the future but this is the end of DBS (or any other on-going DB show) and I'm very sad about that.
What.the.hell? Is there an official link to this?
It's Herms' translation on Twitter.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Well, colour me shocked. I never thought they were seriously finishing it.
With all the revenue the show was generating for merchandising and overseas popularity, I assumed it was a no-brainer to continue.
Could it be Toriyama doesn't want to continue?.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
RedHeat wrote:You're making me have a mental breakdown.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that this means there won't be anymore weekly Dragon Ball series; we know that this is the conclusion of Dragon Ball Super's anime, but it doesn't mean that there will never again be another Dragon Ball series. I'd honestly be surprised if the movie this December won't at least hint at a brand new series to continue the story.
Do we know it's the conclusion and not just that it gets taken off for some while? What we know is that it's losing its time slot. From where do we know it's DB Super's end?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

The fate of DBS is unkown until Toei say something, likely won't say anything until end of Feb.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

sangofe wrote:Do we know it's the conclusion and not just that it gets taken off for some while? What we know is that it's losing its time slot. From where do we know it's DB Super's end?
As far as I know, there isn't any concrete "Dragon Ball Super is over now." statement, but Herms' tweet, specifically the statement "Fuji TV says that while there are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show," makes it seem like there are no future plans for Super at all, which implies that when Dragon Ball returns, it won't be Super but, rather, something new. That's just my take on it, though.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

sangofe wrote:Do we know it's the conclusion and not just that it gets taken off for some while? What we know is that it's losing its time slot. From where do we know it's DB Super's end?
In the last BD box will have only 11 episodes and the new movie is just Dragon Ball without Super...

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I seriously don't want to sacrifice a TV anime for more movies..... it looks like that's how we could end up.
Damn.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
As far as I know, there isn't any concrete "Dragon Ball Super is over now." statement, but Herms' tweet, specifically the statement "Fuji TV says that while there are no plans for the broadcast of a new DB show," makes it seem like there are no future plans for Super at all, which implies that when Dragon Ball returns, it won't be Super but, rather, something new. That's just my take on it, though.
Yeah, and you're right. I read this on Herms' twitter, too:

"This site likewise says the new Kitaro series will start in the 9:00 AM Sunday timeslot on April 1st, and that DB's broadcast afterwards is still "under discussion""

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm

sangofe wrote:Yeah, and you're right. I read this on Herms' twitter, too:

"This site likewise says the new Kitaro series will start in the 9:00 AM Sunday timeslot on April 1st, and that DB's broadcast afterwards is still "under discussion""
Now this is interesting. Looks like things aren't yet quite as concrete as we'd like. I'm going to wait for an official announcement on the matter before I jump to anymore conclusions.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I seriously don't want to sacrifice a TV anime for more movies..... it looks like that's how we could end up.
Damn.
Well, if anything - This finale or hiatus will remind fans of the DB drought I made a post about recently and bring more appreciation to the fact that we ever got more Dragon Ball. Also, perhaps we'll get more sub fans accepting the dub in the same way dub fans have come to accept the sub. In Super's absence, there's sure to be some fans desperate to discuss it again and the dub will be waiting :)

This is coming from a SUB and DUB fan by the way.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I seriously don't want to sacrifice a TV anime for more movies..... it looks like that's how we could end up.
Damn.
I agree, but I'm afraid it will be the future of the Dragon Ball anime. :cry:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

So they are actually ending it?

I'm gutted.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Bullza wrote:So they are actually ending it?

I'm gutted.
No, there's nothing concrete about that. Read my post a bit further up here.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Bullza wrote:So they are actually ending it?

I'm gutted.
Super seems to be but not Dragon Ball as a whole
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Do we know for a 100% definite if Super is ending or not? Could it just be moving to another time?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm

I'll miss having weekly Dragon Ball to look forward too. Let's hope that when (if?) Super comes back it's even better than before.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Bullza wrote:Do we know for a 100% definite if Super is ending or not? Could it just be moving to another time?
According to the announcement it is ending on March 25 with no current plans for another series but DB airing after Kitaro concludes is "under discussion"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Aw shit.

I....really didn't want it to end here, but at least it wasn't on the heels of the Goku Black arc which I enjoyed 95% of, but the ToP where my feelings were a lot more mixed and so leaving me less disappointed it's ending now than then. This arc softened the blow in other words.

I plan to stick around this now sinking ship until Super ends in late March. I'll arrange my deck chairs and play with the band until it's time to climb in the life boat and sail off towards the horizon. This all feels so hollow. Even with the promise of a movie...I'm still not all that excited about this movie, but maybe that'll change as news appears.

It's been a wonderfully bizarre adventure to share this strange midquel series with you guys. Thank you for everything.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Bullza wrote:Do we know for a 100% definite if Super is ending or not? Could it just be moving to another time?
Read for yourself:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954087514360262656

"According to this newspaper, the new Gegege no Kitaro series will indeed take Super’s 9 AM Sunday timeslot starting April 1st, with Super ending in March. Fuji TV says that while there are no set plans for the broadcast of a new DB show, “it’s not like the series is over”."

"This site likewise says the new Kitaro series will start in the 9:00 AM Sunday timeslot on April 1st, and that DB's broadcast afterwards is still "under discussion."