Vegeta's Super Saiyan Sailor Moon

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Vegeta's Super Saiyan Sailor Moon

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

It's like their not even trying anymore. You can tell it only exist for merchandising but this transformation looks embarrassingly bad. Worst one they've done yet design-wise.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Vegeta's Super Saiyan Sailor Moon

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

I don't really see what's so bad about it design wise, to be honest. If anything, I think it would look way better if he still didn't wear the old outfit, but that also applies for normal SSBlue.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Abra kadabra wrote:It's like their not even trying anymore. You can tell it only exist for merchandising but this transformation looks embarrassingly bad. Worst one they've done yet design-wise.
Do you even Dragon Ball? DBZ had Grades 2 and 3, which were roided up versions of Super Saiyan (literally bigger muscles), SSJ2's transformation SOMETIMES has more lightning popping around it, otherwise its barely distinguishable from SSJ1, 3 is Raditz with no eyebrows and bleached hair...

So complaining about this transformation seems, odd. Possibly petty, to me.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Whats so bad about this design?

It looks way cooler than the normal Blue form and I like the dark blue shades they give to Vegeta's hair and aura. And, I like the pupils too. It gives a fresh look.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Best looking transformation in Super so far. Aura looks amazing. Finally got his buffed 90s body back.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm

I don't personally have an issue with the design at all -- I like the glint of the aura, the pupils are neat, it basically looks like a blue version of Super Saiyan God Vegeta (you know, from the manga) only with bulk instead of a thinner body mass.

My problem is that the explanation for it is rather uninspired and dull. In the form's defense, it's certainly not all that out-of-place considering Super Saiyan 2 and 3 were technically achieved with nothing more than power-ups themselves, but being called a "limit-breaker" is a carbon copy of what they said about Goku's UI, and that's not very interesting.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Why do you keep making threads about this. You know they will be locked anyway.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Design-wise it looks better. Actually I dare to say this is how Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan should look, it's one of the best shades of blue out there. The actual shade of blue of the regular Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is terrible as heck.

But since this once again just adds to the never-ending Saiyans transformations/power-ups, it's just "meh" as most of the transformations after Super Saiyan 2. :yawn: I grew weary of asking when they will stop and start giving transformations and/or power-up to other characters, but it's a lost cause by this point.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:10 pm

This whole idea of Vegeta even getting a new transformation seems like such an afterthought. There was no hype around it, everything has been centered around Goku and Ultra Instinct in this arc, and then all of a sudden Vegeta gets this unexplained transformation. It's just weird to me, like TOEI thought up the idea just recently and that's why there's been no hype or anything surrounding Vegeta this arc.

The idea behind giving him a transformation is weird, the placement of Vegeta getting this transformation at this point in the tournament is weird, the circumstances surrounding the transformation and the initial transformation itself was very lackluster, and of course we're given the exact same explanation as Goku, that Vegeta has "broken his limits". So why does Vegeta get this form and not Ultra Instinct then? It just feels like a shitty way to try and keep Vegeta up with Goku.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Asura wrote:This whole idea of Vegeta even getting a new transformation seems like such an afterthought. There was no hype around it, everything has been centered around Goku and Ultra Instinct in this arc, and then all of a sudden Vegeta gets this unexplained transformation. It's just weird to me, like TOEI thought up the idea just recently and that's why there's been no hype or anything surrounding Vegeta this arc.

The idea behind giving him a transformation is weird, the placement of Vegeta getting this transformation at this point in the tournament is weird, the circumstances surrounding the transformation and the initial transformation itself was very lackluster, and of course we're given the exact same explanation as Goku, that Vegeta has "broken his limits". So why does Vegeta get this form and not Ultra Instinct then? It just feels like a shitty way to try and keep Vegeta up with Goku.
Ultra Instinct requires the user to fully relax and let their body do its thing without having to think. That whole line of thought is completely counter to Vegeta's personality. As was stated way back by Whis, Vegeta is always on guard, and thinking things through, rather than acting on natural instinct.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:02 am

I'm not used to seeing Vegeta with pupils since he lacks them while untransformed unlike Trunks and never turned SSJ3 which gives pupils to the user. I don't like the coloring either due to excess of contrast between colors. Whites are too bright and washed out. If it looked more like the image below then I'd be more satisfied:

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:10 am

Abra kadabra wrote:It's like their not even trying anymore. You can tell it only exist for merchandising but this transformation looks embarrassingly bad. Worst one they've done yet design-wise.
I'm certain it was done because Toriyama goes by the manga over the anime and didn't have Goku being 20x stronger than Vegeta in his notes when he wrote Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren. So the anime creators had to do something fast. There's not much else they could have done. If you think it's so bad, by all means show us a better version.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 am

I'd like to know how you can tell this? Because a lot of people said the same about Trunks and the only piece of solid merch his "new form" got referred to him simply as SS2... Tentative schedule's until June have appeared and Vegeta's new form isn't in sight.

Why is it when people don't like something in DBS they attribute it to "only done for merchandising"? I am still waiting for a Kale merch to appear that everyone was screaming about that's her only reason to exist... from Feb 17-Jun 18 we would only have a mini figure and some stickers... yeah they tots put her in DBS just to sell some stickers...!

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:22 am

Speak for yourself please because I love it. It has a far more appealing shade of blue than the normal SSB transformation. I love the the new shine he has to his hair as well. I love how the sparkles in the aura are much bigger and more abundant now in comparison to SSB. The eyes are the only iffy spot for me, but I really liked how they looked in the new ending, so I suppose I'll love them or hate them depending on the artist that's working on the episode that has Vegeta's form in it.

All in all, I really like it and I believe it to be the best looking transformation in Super after UI.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 am

This is an example of a post that is just complaining for the sake of complaining, with no real attempt to add legitimate reasoning or conversation to the mix. Please review the community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration, before making additional posts. You have been given several free warnings about this already, and so this has resulted in a strike being issued against your account. Strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website. While reviewing the rules, perhaps reconsider what it is you are looking to get out of your time here.

Your opinions are of course always welcome, but they must have some amount of substance to them. Furthermore, perhaps you are best leaving comments like these in a specific episode discussion thread where material of that sort is more closely being examined.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::