Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Black Hawk wrote: Well, they say great minds think alike! I initially didn't have any unique names for Kale's forms before you suggested those; they make a lot of sense, and they make it a lot easier to keep track of Kale's unique transformations. She's a bit of an oddball in that regard, but, even though I dislike her, I do like how she changed up the status quo of what a Saiyajin turns into.

I still haven't quite decided what SSJ Royal Blue is exactly just yet, but I'm hoping it's something completely new and not a combination of past forms. While my mind is leaning most toward SSJ Blue Grade 2, since Graded forms are powered up versions of a given form instead of mutations like SSJ2/3, it'd be really refreshing if it turns out to instead be something completely unique and unlike anything we've seen before.
Yeah, we have names for essentially all the Saiyan forms

[spoiler]Base or Saiyan, Great Ape, SS1, SS1 Grade 2, SS1 Grade 3, SS1 Full Power, SS2, SSBerserker, SS3, SSGod, SSRage, Ultimate, SSBlue, SSRosé, UI[/spoiler]

except for Kale's muddy-yellow form with pupils, Kale's green-haired form with pupils, Kefla's green-haired SS1, and Kefla's green-haired SS2.

I watched the moment Kefla transforms into the green-haired SS1 form and she gains a lot of muscle mass. She had very little in her Base form. This muscle mass gain is a trait of Kale's green-haired form with pupils. As we have discussed, it makes sense based on what Kefla was saying that she would use Kale's form. This isn't a fusion of two forms. Vegito, Gogeta, and Gotenks easily transformed into the forms their fusees had access to, but Gotenks had to train to get SS3 because Goten and Trunks don't have it. This is why Kefla had to be pushed to green-haired SS2 form because Kale didn't have it.

I came up with those names because I didn't want to have to say "Kale's Super Saiyan", "Kale's Muddy-Yellow form with Pupils", or DBZ Wiki's "Super Saiyan with Perfect Energy Control". All of those names are too long and annoying. Based on Vegeta's comment that Kale could have the original power of Saiyans, then "Super Saiyan Proper" made sense. "Super Saiyan Berserker" is already the given name. "Super Saiyan Berserker Controlled" and "Super Saiyan Berserker Controlled 2" could have worked, but just seemed too long. That is more MY personal choice. Those could have worked, but I got an SSGSS feel from them. "Super Saiyan Legend" and "Super Saiyan Legend 2" work here because green hair is associated with the Legendary Super Saiyan.

--------------------------------------------
I don't know what Vegeta's new form will be called, but I do know it most likely won't be "Super Saiyan Blue 2" or "Super Saiyan Blue Grade 2". The aura, hair color, pupils, and muscle mass of Vegeta's new form don't match up with a Grade 2 or an SS2. This is something entirely different. I have heard "Ultra Blue", "Transcended Super Saiyan Blue", and "Super Saiyan Royal Blue". These all seem like better choices for a name. I am hesitant to call it "Ultra Blue" because we don't know if it has a connection to UI. So I would pick "Super Saiyan Royal Blue" out of the last two because of its connection to Vegeta.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:47 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Yeah, we have names for essentially all the Saiyan forms

[spoiler]Base or Saiyan, Great Ape, SS1, SS1 Grade 2, SS1 Grade 3, SS1 Full Power, SS2, SSBerserker, SS3, SSGod, SSRage, Ultimate, SSBlue, SSRosé, UI[/spoiler]

except for Kale's muddy-yellow form with pupils, Kale's green-haired form with pupils, Kefla's green-haired SS1, and Kefla's green-haired SS2.

I watched the moment Kefla transforms into the green-haired SS1 form and she gains a lot of muscle mass. She had very little in her Base form. This muscle mass gain is a trait of Kale's green-haired form with pupils. As we have discussed, it makes sense based on what Kefla was saying that she would use Kale's form. This isn't a fusion of two forms. Vegito, Gogeta, and Gotenks easily transformed into the forms their fusees had access to, but Gotenks had to train to get SS3 because Goten and Trunks don't have it. This is why Kefla had to be pushed to green-haired SS2 form because Kale didn't have it.

I came up with those names because I didn't want to have to say "Kale's Super Saiyan", "Kale's Muddy-Yellow form with Pupils", or DBZ Wiki's "Super Saiyan with Perfect Energy Control". All of those names are too long and annoying. Based on Vegeta's comment that Kale could have the original power of Saiyans, then "Super Saiyan Proper" made sense. "Super Saiyan Berserker" is already the given name. "Super Saiyan Berserker Controlled" and "Super Saiyan Berserker Controlled 2" could have worked, but just seemed too long. That is more MY personal choice. Those could have worked, but I got an SSGSS feel from them. "Super Saiyan Legend" and "Super Saiyan Legend 2" work here because green hair is associated with the Legendary Super Saiyan.

I don't know what Vegeta's new form will be called, but I do know it most likely won't be "Super Saiyan Blue 2" or "Super Saiyan Blue Grade 2". The aura, hair color, pupils, and muscle mass of Vegeta's new form don't match up with a Grade 2 or an SS2. This is something entirely different. I have heard "Ultra Blue", "Transcended Super Saiyan Blue", and "Super Saiyan Royal Blue". These all seem like better choices for a name. I am hesitant to call it "Ultra Blue" because we don't know if it has a connection to UI. So I would pick "Super Saiyan Royal Blue" out of the last two because of its connection to Vegeta.
I find myself in agreement with your reasoning; I also like it from the aspect of naming consistency. For example, what most people call SSJ God I refer to as SSJ Red because I refer to SSJGSSJ as SSJ Blue. I look at them as a set of sorts; there's SSJG and SSJGSSJ as a set and SSJ Red and SSJ Blue as a set, and I avoid "cross-contaminating" them. Having short subtitles that are unique to Kale/Kafla keeps things consistent and easy to keep track of.

I honestly hope that Super Saiyajin Royal Blue ends up being the official name; it would fit so well, especially if it remains exclusive to Vegeta. A name I thought of that has a nice ring to it is Ultra Instinct Blue, as it matches well with Ultra Instinct Omen, but I'm hesitant to call it anything related to Ultra Instinct until we know whether or not it actually is.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:They probably won't name it. It's a plot device to have Vegeta last a little longer so his fans won't get disappointed, just like Super Saiyan Rage was a plot device to have Trunks stand up to Black and Zamasu. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if this form doesn't even appear in the manga.
It may be a plot device now, except it's gonna stay a thing because Vegeta isn't going anywhere.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Maybe we can take notes from True Golden Freeza and call it "True Super Saiyan Blue".

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:56 am

The Vegeta fan organization has just finished a 12 hour unscheduled meeting and after hearing the opinions of 10000+ plus fans, we've come to the conclusion that this is a 2nd grade ssjB due to its similarities to the original 2nd grade in hair and muscle growth.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:58 am

It's

Super Saiyan Anime Replacement for Mastered Super Saiyan Blue, because Toriyama doesn't care about the Anime and writes to manga canon, causing anime writers to panic as their weak Vegeta conflicted with Toriyama's notes god Super Saiyan Limit breaker Blue.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 am

sintzu wrote:The Vegeta fan organization has just finished a 12 hour unscheduled meeting and after hearing the opinions of 10000+ plus fans, we've come to the conclusion that this is a 2nd grade ssjB due to its similarities to the original 2nd grade in hair and muscle growth.
Ummmm, wait, what? Did you seriously have an online meeting?

How is the hair similar to SS1 Grade 2 when Vegeta's form has darker hair color? I can understand the muscle mass increase point, but the aura change and the pupils are not something of a Grade 2. The massive power increase is far greater than a simple SSBlue Grade 2. Goku was using SSB KKx20 and Vegeta could keep up in his new form.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 am

Saturnine wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:They probably won't name it. It's a plot device to have Vegeta last a little longer so his fans won't get disappointed, just like Super Saiyan Rage was a plot device to have Trunks stand up to Black and Zamasu. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if this form doesn't even appear in the manga.
It may be a plot device now, except it's gonna stay a thing because Vegeta isn't going anywhere.
Of course he's not going anywhere. For two reasons, actually:

1) Goku needs a second fiddle, otherwise he'd have to much screentime;
2) The producers' bias for Saiyan is blatant.

Also, Vegeta is very important after all, because he serves to show the audience just how powerful the new villain is. He got stomped by Freeza, everyone knew how Freeza was strong. He got stomped by Perfect Cell, by Black, and so on... you see, it's a very important job. Without the usual 'stomping Vegeta' part, new villains would just feel flat.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:32 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Ummmm, wait, what? Did you seriously have an online meeting?

How is the hair similar to SS1 Grade 2 when Vegeta's form has darker hair color? I can understand the muscle mass increase point, but the aura change and the pupils are not something of a Grade 2. The massive power increase is far greater than a simple SSBlue Grade 2. Goku was using SSB KKx20 and Vegeta could keep up in his new form.
Online ? :lol: We have an underground base with a Vegeta statue in the middle where we meet to figure out these kinds of situations. 8)

It's not an exact copy but it's the closest form to it. It has the muscle mass increase and similar sharp hair but like you said, there are differences that prevent it from being an exact copy which I think is a good thing as we wouldn't just want them to copy a previous form.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Elvis143BRA

Post by Elvis143BRA » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 am

It should be called Super Sayan Blue Grade 2 because it's just Super Sayan Grade 2 (from the Cell saga) plus God ki. And btw, the form is useless. He loses speed but gain strength. That's why Z's Vegeta never used it again.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 am

I vote for Super Saiyan Blue Stardust Crusader.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:Watch it be called Limit Break just to mess with us. :p
Well, Whis did call it a limit breaker form.
That was Krillin and he said limit breaking power.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:02 am

Elvis143BRA wrote:It should be called Super Sayan Blue Grade 2 because it's just Super Sayan Grade 2 (from the Cell saga) plus God ki.
Why? The muscular appearance only appeared in the first frames, then we see Vegeta back in his regular body form. This new power-up has nothing to do with Super Saiyan Second Grade.

The same goes for the episode before the latest, there was no "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2" for Goku, it only remained for a few frames, otherwise it would be commented.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Elvis143BRA wrote:It should be called Super Sayan Blue Grade 2 because it's just Super Sayan Grade 2 (from the Cell saga) plus God ki. And btw, the form is useless. He loses speed but gain strength. That's why Z's Vegeta never used it again.
That's not what the form is. Vegeta's pupils, hair color, muscle mass, and aura all change. He kept up with SSBlue KKx20 Goku, who is twenty times stronger than SSB Goku. Vegeta's new form is fast and strong.

Grade 2 only increases the muscle mass. This form changed more than that.

Grimlock wrote:
Elvis143BRA wrote:It should be called Super Sayan Blue Grade 2 because it's just Super Sayan Grade 2 (from the Cell saga) plus God ki.
Why? The muscular appearance only appeared in the first frames, then we see Vegeta back in his regular body form. This new power-up has nothing to do with Super Saiyan Second Grade.

The same goes for the episode before the latest, there was no "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2" for Goku, it only remained for a few frames, otherwise it would be commented.

Yes, I completely agree here.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:Yeah, we have names for essentially all the Saiyan forms

I find myself in agreement with your reasoning; I also like it from the aspect of naming consistency. For example, what most people call SSJ God I refer to as SSJ Red because I refer to SSJGSSJ as SSJ Blue. I look at them as a set of sorts; there's SSJG and SSJGSSJ as a set and SSJ Red and SSJ Blue as a set, and I avoid "cross-contaminating" them. Having short subtitles that are unique to Kale/Kafla keeps things consistent and easy to keep track of.

I honestly hope that Super Saiyajin Royal Blue ends up being the official name; it would fit so well, especially if it remains exclusive to Vegeta. A name I thought of that has a nice ring to it is Ultra Instinct Blue, as it matches well with Ultra Instinct Omen, but I'm hesitant to call it anything related to Ultra Instinct until we know whether or not it actually is.

Yes, yes, yes! 100% yes! Keeping the word 'Legend' when speaking about Kale ties in the fact she is the canon version of "the Legendary Super Saiyan". I named her most powerful form "Super Saiyan Legend" as a homage, but it's not exactly "Legendary Super Saiyan". Then because Kefla pushed it further, we can just say "Super Saiyan Legend 2".

"Super Saiyan Proper" was the best I could come up with, as I didn't really know what else would fit. Vegeta's comment ties into this. "Super Saiyan Royal Blue" is such a great name, and part of me does hope it never gets named so I can call it this.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Another name I was fiddling around with was "Pure Blue". Just that. "Pure Blue".

Simple, effective.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Super Saiyan Shiny Blue
Blue Eyes White Vegeta

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Also, Vegeta is very important after all, because he serves to show the audience just how powerful the new villain is. He got stomped by Freeza, everyone knew how Freeza was strong. He got stomped by Perfect Cell, by Black, and so on... you see, it's a very important job. Without the usual 'stomping Vegeta' part, new villains would just feel flat.
Just because he filled that role several times, doesn't mean the writers are somehow contractually bound or in any other shape or form obligated to perpetuate this way of writing Vegeta. You are aware of that, aren't you?

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Yes, yes, yes! 100% yes! Keeping the word 'Legend' when speaking about Kale ties in the fact she is the canon version of "the Legendary Super Saiyan". I named her most powerful form "Super Saiyan Legend" as a homage, but it's not exactly "Legendary Super Saiyan". Then because Kefla pushed it further, we can just say "Super Saiyan Legend 2".

"Super Saiyan Proper" was the best I could come up with, as I didn't really know what else would fit. Vegeta's comment ties into this. "Super Saiyan Royal Blue" is such a great name, and part of me does hope it never gets named so I can call it this.
I personally think Super Saiyajin Proper is a really good title, and I can't think of a more fitting name off the top of my head; it fits well with Vegeta's remark, as you mentioned, and it's simply, easy-to-understand, and rolls off the tongue well.

I expect that Dragon Ball Heroes will probably give Vegeta's new form a name of some sort, but I'd honestly be surprised if a name is given to it within the series itself. Unless it receives a very fitting and appropriate official name, I'm going to keep calling it Super Saiyajin Royal Blue and no one can stop me. :D
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

SSMC

Super Saiyan My Cabba