Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black Hawk
Regular

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:It's quite possible the manga would adapt the form as well, given that in the manga, both the Oracle Fish said that Goku and Vegeta would one day both be formidable opponents to Beerus AND Vegeta voiced that he is tired following Goku's footsteps, things said that are already taking place in the anime as of now.

I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime. :lol:
Good points! Part of me wants to see Vegeta take a different path to power (pun intended) from the one Gokū is on. While I do like to think of Gokū and Vegeta keeping on the same path as full-bloods while Gohan-kun takes a different path as a half-blood as a very good consistency, I can't help but be curious every now and then what would happen if Vegeta up and said "Screw following Kakarotto; I'll do this my own way!" and SSJ Royal Blue is providing a taste of that.

I agree that many are too quick to assume "This isn't in Toriyama's outline!" for reasons such as being in the manga but not the anime or vice versa or because it "feels" like filler or simply because they don't like it. The Namekian Book of Legends is a really good counter; it wasn't mentioned in the movie or the manga, only in the anime, and yet it turned out to be a Toriyama detail. It really went to show us how assumptions, even relatively sound ones, can be completely off. :thumbup:
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Schedule's to early Sept and disappointingly no merch so far for Vegeta's new form, there is the BWFC SPECIAL's coming out in June but they were sculpted by Varoq well before Vegeta's new form was revealed and since the SPECIAL's sculpts are completely of the sclupters choice I doubt they got any memo about Vegeta's new form. There is a new line "DBS WC Diorma Vol 1" that could potentially it but I can't see them starting a new line without Goku first (despite the fact the selfish bastard already as a line COMPLETELY dedicated to himself) the fact there is a new form for Goku as well the merch/marketing department are probably having massive palpitations "we have to market two new forms? damn you Toei why do you have to make us work?" they way they have marketing this arc has been pretty pathetic and this is just the icing on the cake! Kai marketing and merch was so much f**king better yet failed and somehow the opposite is true for DBS. Waiting 5 months for Goku's new form was pretty bad but 9 months and counting for Vegeta? When the show is over? Is just too stupid to comprehend.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime. :lol:
This is something that massively grinds my gears, people think and treat this mysterious outline as gospel and source material (despite NO ONE having access to it) it is simply a guide, it doesn't stop Toei/Toyo adding changing things etc hell Toriyama just has his normal credits for the show nothing special for the outline. People in general seem far more lenient to Toyo how much shit would Toei have gotten if we found out they added Vegetto in?

Even now I see people worried because there isn't a Toriyama design for UI, like why does it matter at all? It is like if Toriyama's name is responsible for something people all of a sudden feel better about things.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 am

Black Hawk wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:It's quite possible the manga would adapt the form as well, given that in the manga, both the Oracle Fish said that Goku and Vegeta would one day both be formidable opponents to Beerus AND Vegeta voiced that he is tired following Goku's footsteps, things said that are already taking place in the anime as of now.

I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime. :lol:
Good points! Part of me wants to see Vegeta take a different path to power (pun intended) from the one Gokū is on. While I do like to think of Gokū and Vegeta keeping on the same path as full-bloods while Gohan-kun takes a different path as a half-blood as a very good consistency, I can't help but be curious every now and then what would happen if Vegeta up and said "Screw following Kakarotto; I'll do this my own way!" and SSJ Royal Blue is providing a taste of that.

I agree that many are too quick to assume "This isn't in Toriyama's outline!" for reasons such as being in the manga but not the anime or vice versa or because it "feels" like filler or simply because they don't like it. The Namekian Book of Legends is a really good counter; it wasn't mentioned in the movie or the manga, only in the anime, and yet it turned out to be a Toriyama detail. It really went to show us how assumptions, even relatively sound ones, can be completely off. :thumbup:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime. :lol:
This is something that massively grinds my gears, people think and treat this mysterious outline as gospel and source material (despite NO ONE having access to it) it is simply a guide, it doesn't stop Toei/Toyo adding changing things etc hell Toriyama just has his normal credits for the show nothing special for the outline. People in general seem far more lenient to Toyo how much shit would Toei have gotten if we found out they added Vegetto in?

Even now I see people worried because there isn't a Toriyama design for UI, like why does it matter at all? It is like if Toriyama's name is responsible for something people all of a sudden feel better about things.
Yeah, I agree with you both, it's quite stupid to see fans just make these assumptions with absolutely zero basis. I did not know that about the Namekian book of legends, however, that indeed is a nice detail to keep in mind.

But yeah, while I would have liked to see Vegeta get UI, I respect him not wanting to follow Goku and becoming powerful in his own way. Vegeta deciding not to become Super Saiyan God with help and reaching that level on his own is one of the few decisions I liked in the anime.

Also, when the heck are we going to get an official name for his variant of Blue? I'm still looking up Dokkan Battle and Super Dragon Ball Heroes to hopefully find the official name. So far, nothing.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Has anyone else noticed how bad at dodging Vegeta was in his new form against Toppo? I could swear that was intentional. To tell the audience that this is DEFINITELY NOT ULTRA INSTINCT RELATED.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Also, when the heck are we going to get an official name for his variant of Blue? I'm still looking up Dokkan Battle and Super Dragon Ball Heroes to hopefully find the official name. So far, nothing.
Universe Mission 1 won't be released until March, there's no point searching for the name there now. If it's going to be added by the next mission, the next V-Jump issue might announce him but it's going to be released on February 21st (with leaks some days prior to it), but don't be sure about it, as there might be a chance of the new form won't be included in UM1 as well.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:22 am

I'm a bit late, but I think the name "Royal Blue Vegeta" sounds cheesy af. Like something that would come out of a fanfiction, I don't like it. I can't wait until we get an official name for it.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:30 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm a bit late, but I think the name "Royal Blue Vegeta" sounds cheesy af. Like something that would come out of a fanfiction, I don't like it. I can't wait until we get an official name for it.
i call it Bluer than Blue because the transformation as a whole is ridiculous to me.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm a bit late, but I think the name "Royal Blue Vegeta" sounds cheesy af. Like something that would come out of a fanfiction, I don't like it. I can't wait until we get an official name for it.
i call it Bluer than Blue because the transformation as a whole is ridiculous to me.
Yeah, it honestly just feels like a Toei transfornation done just for hype/making Vegeta catch up to Kaioken since they had to be able to fight Jiren at the same time.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
While we're calling out names we've adopted before the official word is given, I'll toss in what I've been calling it since day one: Super Saiyan Me Too. Based solely on his little "you can have your Ultra Instinct, Kakarot" monologue before he just kinda... gets bluer.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I don't see how it is any less ridiculous than "Super Vegeta".

Fans would be complaining their asses off if he hadn't gotten a new form, saying how can he keep up etc.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Fans would be complaining their asses off if he hadn't gotten a new form, saying how can he keep up etc.
Super Vegeta made sense because he was beign a cocky bastard, and it wasn't the official name of the transformation anyway. I can see from a mile away that this form isn't gonna be called Royal Blue, so I feel ridiculous calling it that. It sounds just like those weird fan made transformations
Get Fucked, C_unt

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Super Saiyan Deus Blue is the best name for it.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Super Vegeta isn’t the name of the form though. That’s just what Vegeta called himself. I don’t see what that’s got to do with this beyond “Z did this so you can’t dislike it Super” that runs rampant. Also, Vegeta fans will complain no matter what, so that’s moot.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

At least, if the form looks ridiculous, Vegeta now matches his wife in hair and eye color along with having pupils :lol: If only Trunks had blue hair they'd all be a happy blue haired blue eyed family :lol:

(Funnily enough I did not recognize until really late that Bulma's hair got "bluer" from BoG to RoF and onwards :think:)

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:At least, if the form looks ridiculous, Vegeta now matches his wife in hair and eye color along with having pupils :lol: If only Trunks had blue hair they'd all be a happy blue haired blue eyed family :lol:

(Funnily enough I did not recognize until really late that Bulma's hair got "bluer" from BoG to RoF and onwards :think:)
Maybe Trunks's hair will become bluer too because..... Genetics??
Get Fucked, C_unt

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:At least, if the form looks ridiculous, Vegeta now matches his wife in hair and eye color along with having pupils :lol: If only Trunks had blue hair they'd all be a happy blue haired blue eyed family :lol:

Maybe Trunks's hair will become bluer too because..... Genetics??
Well, future Trunks can attest to that.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Super Vegeta isn’t the name of the form though. That’s just what Vegeta called himself. I don’t see what that’s got to do with this beyond “Z did this so you can’t dislike it Super” that runs rampant. Also, Vegeta fans will complain no matter what, so that’s moot.

It’s just a more advanced form of SSB. It’s definitely not on the level of UI but it’s a stronger form that allowed Vegeta to fight with Toppo and not be so behind Goku because of Kaioken.

Yeah they definitely should have foreshadowed it more but Vegeta has been training with Whis and Beerus just like Goku and also fighting at extreme levels. Is it really so out of the ordinary that he would unlock a new form. It wasn’t solely because he thought of the promise to Cabba that’s just what triggered it. Anyways I would just say he reached the limit of SSB. I am sure it will get a name eventually but it’s not the end of the world that it doesn’t have one.

Personally if I was going to change anything he should have gotten it while fighting Toppo instead of having it on that random scene in 123 because in the end having him fight with it with Goku against Jiren was pretty meaningless.

And also please stop stereotyping fans!

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 pm

In terms of power, I think it's UI Goku > New Blue Vegeta > Blue Kaioken x20, with Vegeta's variant being way above Blue KK x20.

Some say that New Blue/Royal Blue/whatever is equal to or on par with Blue Kaioken x20 but... there's no solid proof of that at all. Is it because it fared the same against Jiren as Blue KK x20 did? Then by that logic, 18, Piccolo and Tien all have the same power level because they all fared the same against Beerus, which we know isn't true.

Not to mention this is stated to be Vegeta's limit-breaking form and with it he literally leap-frogged a GoD in power and defeated one after initially being thrashed. Blue Kaioken x20 has accomplished nothing. I won't deny Goku's Blue Kaioken x20 got stronger the second time he faced Jiren in comparison to the first time, but Jiren's power has clearly been fluctuating throughout, as he seemingly uses full power, but then 17 fares the same as Goku and Vegeta did against Jiren before blowing up, and we know he isn't near Blue Kaioken x20 or Vegeta's new form. By the time Vegeta faced Jiren again, he couldn't sustain his variant long enough and was practically all out of power (I'm not gonna say Vegeta's new variant would have beaten Jiren if the former were at full power, mind you, I'm just saying Blue KKx20 is no where near Vegeta's limit-breaking form).

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Well all we know is Vegeta’s new form is weaker than UI. I would say it is at least equal to SSB Kaioken X 20 but yes it could certainly be stronger. How much though who knows.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Well, at least I'm glad that Vegeta's new form was able to defeat an enemy as powerful as Toppo.

When she first appeared, many people said that she would only be fodder, which would only serve to hold Jiren until he released more power, which was useless, but we saw that she actually had some utility in the end, had a purpose and Vegeta was well with her.

I also think Vegeta Beyond Blue is stronger than Goku SSB KK x20.
In EP 127, Jiren praised the blows of a worn Vegeta and said he understood why he was able to defeat Toppo. Jiren did not do this with Goku