Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:11 am

sintzu wrote: I think this is a grade 2 Blue as he's similar in size to the form he was in when he fought Cell.
Yeah ,except Grade 2 made you like 1,5-2x stronger over regular SSj, not ~20x like we're seeing here. Comparing an evolution this advanced to a primitive form like Grade 2 is just wrong.

PolatGuy92

Post by PolatGuy92 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 am

Vegeta needs a different outfit, like seriously the dude looks like Sonic the Hedgehog now. There is so much blue around him that it gives Vegeta an underwhelming appearance in my opinion. His Rof arc outfit was the best suited when he goes blue. :roll:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 am

Saturnine wrote:Comparing an evolution this advanced to a primitive form like Grade 2 is just wrong.
Until they give us something official that's the best we have to go on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 am

sintzu wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Comparing an evolution this advanced to a primitive form like Grade 2 is just wrong.
We can also plainly see that Vegeta's performance is about the same as Goku's, which makes the power boost far higher than even SSj3 over SSj1 affords, much less Grade 2.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 am

Saturnine wrote:
sintzu wrote:
We can also plainly see that Vegeta's performance is about the same as Goku's, which makes the power boost far higher than even SSj3 over SSj1 affords, much less Grade 2.
Grade 2 Blue doesn't mean it has to give the same power boost as a normal Ssj's grade 2. I don't think anyone can deny the similarities between them in terms of looks so that's what I'm going to think of it until something official is said.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 am

Realized that Vegeta and Bulma now technically look related. I think he has her exact shade of blue, but without the layer of shine.

Overall, still not a fan of the blue tinted transformation. I think they should have went with a lighter shade instead of a darker one.

The cynic in me says this is all for easy toy production. All they have to do is add an extra shade to the regular SSJ Blue Vegeta figures and BAM, new toy line!

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 am

PolatGuy92 wrote:Vegeta needs a different outfit, like seriously the dude looks like Sonic the Hedgehog now. There is so much blue around him that it gives Vegeta an underwhelming appearance in my opinion. His Rof arc outfit was the best suited when he goes blue. :roll:
I wish he kept his Buu saga outfit. That Cell saga armor he wears brings me flashbacks of his Cell saga era, which I consider his worst. The black armor suit was good as well. Never understood the decision of bringing the blue armor suit back outside of the possibility of it being merchandise sales.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am

sintzu wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Grade 2 Blue doesn't mean it has to give the same power boost as a normal Ssj's grade 2. I don't think anyone can deny the similarities between them in terms of looks so that's what I'm going to think of it until something official is said.
I agree in the part that SSJ multipliers are not necessarily to be used for divine forms, since they must have a much larger multiplier.

But I do not see why this new form would have anything to do with SSJ grade 2.
The increase in Vegeta's muscle mass was only in one scene, possibly because of the animator since Goku was also like that.

Daishinkan and Piccolo's explanation suggests that it is something other than Blue, and not just a variation of that form.
After all, he got that form '' breaking the shell, '' just as Goku got UI like that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Daishinkan and Piccolo's explanation suggests that it is something other than Blue, and not just a variation of that form.
After all, he got that form '' breaking the shell, '' just as Goku got UI like that.
I think they meant he went above his normal limits as this is clearly still Blue and not UI. I'd assume someone including Goku would point that out right away if it was UI.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 am

sintzu wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Daishinkan and Piccolo's explanation suggests that it is something other than Blue, and not just a variation of that form.
I think they meant he went above his normal limits as this is clearly still Blue and not UI. I'd assume someone including Goku would point that out right away if it was UI.
You're assuming that the "limit break" form (UI) Goku uses is specifically base hair and silver pupils. What if the "limit break" can happen in any state, base, Blue, SS, and the only distinct feature of it is the pupils and the shine? Keep in mind, that UI is a technique the angels and some gods use and that Goku's new state was named after it after Whis saw Goku move. My theory is simple - Vegeta "broke" his limits while in Blue (as Goku did while in base and out of energy), but for some reason he's not capable of using the UI technique in it, not yet at least (maybe since he's more the thinking type).

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 am

mute_proxy wrote: You're assuming that the "limit break" form (UI) Goku uses is specifically base hair and silver pupils. What if the "limit break" can happen in any state, base, Blue, SS, and the only distinct feature of it is the pupils and the shine? Keep in mind, that UI is a technique the angels and some gods use and that Goku's new state was named after it after Whis saw Goku move. My theory is simple - Vegeta "broke" his limits while in Blue (as Goku did while in base and out of energy), but for some reason he's not capable of using the UI technique in it, not yet at least (maybe since he's more the thinking type).
Even if that's true, Vegeta moves nothing like UI Goku and Goku got a massive power-up that superseded Blue Kaioken x20 Spirit Bomb. Nothing about Vegeta's new form seems to relate to UI Goku, not movement or power-wise.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote: You're assuming that the "limit break" form (UI) Goku uses is specifically base hair and silver pupils. What if the "limit break" can happen in any state, base, Blue, SS, and the only distinct feature of it is the pupils and the shine? Keep in mind, that UI is a technique the angels and some gods use and that Goku's new state was named after it after Whis saw Goku move. My theory is simple - Vegeta "broke" his limits while in Blue (as Goku did while in base and out of energy), but for some reason he's not capable of using the UI technique in it, not yet at least (maybe since he's more the thinking type).
Even if that's true, Vegeta moves nothing like UI Goku and Goku got a massive power-up that superseded Blue Kaioken x20 Spirit Bomb. Nothing about Vegeta's new form seems to relate to UI Goku, not movement or power-wise.
No one here is saying that Vegeta's new form has any relation to the UI or that he somehow aroused that technique. But yes, Vegeta basically got this new form the same way Goku did, '' breaking the shell '', overcoming all limits. And he also got a massive power up of at least 20x (though we do not know the extent of his powers in that form)

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 am

HeroR wrote:
I did say for some reason he can't use the UI technique in it. That much is obvious. Also I'm certain that the limit that they "break" is not something of the same mutual level of power, they hold their own personal 'potential', they are separate individuals.
Last edited by mute_proxy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
No one here is saying that Vegeta's new form has any relation to the UI or that he somehow aroused that technique. But yes, Vegeta basically got this new form the same way Goku did, '' breaking the shell '', overcoming all limits. And he also got a massive power up of at least 20x (though we do not know the extent of his powers in that form)
Breaking his shell isn't really Vegeta getting the form the same way as Goku since the way they broke their shell is completely different.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 am

HeroR wrote:Breaking his shell isn't really Vegeta getting the form the same way as Goku since the way they broke their shell is completely different.
He got the same form by different means.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 am

mute_proxy wrote:
HeroR wrote:Breaking his shell isn't really Vegeta getting the form the same way as Goku since the way they broke their shell is completely different.
Whatever Vegeta has isn't the same form as Goku's.
Kanassa wrote:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:40 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Whatever Vegeta has isn't the same form as Goku's.
It is. He's only using it while in SSBlue and doesnt have the UI technique.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 am

Remember this though. The shell can be reformed and heightened. "Shell" is a figurative word for limit. Vegeta has broke the limits of Blue. But not the limits of his power as a warrior hence no Ultra Instinct. Remember after Jiren's fight Goku had to break his shell again against Kefla because he set the bar higher for himself after the fight. And now the bar is even higher for the both of them. Especially taking into account the crazy stamina regaining abilities and Zenkai boosts a Sayain has. I believe it's safe to say by the end of this tournament Vegeta will reach yet another new level. And definately unlock Ultra Instinct.

You could also argue all of this is a setup for fusion. Goku has UI but cant control his power/attack. Vegeta can control his attacks/power but has no UI. It's like right there. But I doubt the writers are gonna use that cheap copout.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:45 am

mute_proxy wrote:[
There is no similarities outside the eyes, and even then Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan God has similar eyes. So saying it's the same is stretching it.
Kanassa wrote:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:[
There is no similarities outside the eyes, and even then Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan God has similar eyes. So saying it's the same is stretching it.
Giving him the identical UI Goku shine in the eyes and the hair (while SSB Goku next to him has none), him standing next to Goku with the same glow around them in the new ED, Grand Priest LITERALLY saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", is far from being a stretch. I'm done arguing with you