Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 am

Saturnine wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote: Also, Vegeta is very important after all, because he serves to show the audience just how powerful the new villain is. He got stomped by Freeza, everyone knew how Freeza was strong. He got stomped by Perfect Cell, by Black, and so on... you see, it's a very important job. Without the usual 'stomping Vegeta' part, new villains would just feel flat.
Just because he filled that role several times, doesn't mean the writers are somehow contractually bound or in any other shape or form obligated to perpetuate this way of writing Vegeta. You are aware of that, aren't you?
You are aware that he was also stomped by Jiren in ep. 122 to show us how powerful Jiren was, right? So it happened in this arc too.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote: Also, Vegeta is very important after all, because he serves to show the audience just how powerful the new villain is. He got stomped by Freeza, everyone knew how Freeza was strong. He got stomped by Perfect Cell, by Black, and so on... you see, it's a very important job. Without the usual 'stomping Vegeta' part, new villains would just feel flat.
Just because he filled that role several times, doesn't mean the writers are somehow contractually bound or in any other shape or form obligated to perpetuate this way of writing Vegeta. You are aware of that, aren't you?
You are aware that he was also stomped by Jiren in ep. 122 to show us how powerful Jiren was, right? So it happened in this arc too.
Not really, We already knew how strong a Suppressed Jiren was, so Vegeta getting stomped didn't much since he was still weaker than UI Goku( Ep 110) in ep 122.
Last edited by Issei189 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:24 am

This is almost exactly like SSRage Trunks yet for some reason isn't gaining nearly as much hate.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 am

OLKv3 wrote:This is almost exactly like SSRage Trunks yet for some reason isn't gaining nearly as much hate.
Come on, it's Vegeta, this is to be expected..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 am

OLKv3 wrote:This is almost exactly like SSRage Trunks yet for some reason isn't gaining nearly as much hate.
Why would it ? Whatever Vegeta gets, he's more than deserving of it. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:55 am

It is exactly like any time a Saiyan achieved a new form.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
lol no it isn't

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
lol no it isn't
I meant on screen:
Krillin dies Goku gets mad, oh look he unlocks an "asspull" Super Saiyan power up that still isn't explained to this day, name does not equal an explanation.
#16 dies Gohan gets mad, oh look he unlocks an "asspull" Super Saiyan power up.
Trunks get's accused of being the one responsible, gets mad, oh look he unlocks an "asspull" Super Saiyan power up.
Vegeta wants to needs to beat Jiren to fulfil a promise and thus goes into every fibre of his being to break past his limits...

Hmm seems Vegeta is the only one that is different.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: It is exactly like any time a Saiyan achieved a new form.
lol no it isn't
I meant on screen:
Krillin dies Goku gets mad, oh look he unlocks an "asspull" Super Saiyan power up that still isn't explained to this day, name does not equal an explanation.
Trunks get's accused of being the one responsible, gets mad, oh look he unlocks an "asspull" Super Saiyan power up.
Vegeta wants to needs to beat Jiren to fulfil a promise and thus goes into every fibre of his being to break past his limits...

Here we go, purposely underselling past moments so you can try to prove your point
SS was built up as something Goku was close to unlocking, but missing one key ingredient. It ended up being true rage. Saying Super Saiyan wasn't explained is an outright lie lol, are you kidding me?
The same was with SS2. It was Gohan's hidden power that he didn't know how to truly bring out, and Cell specifically pushed him to the point of bringing it out

Trunks and Vegeta are very similar, almost the same method because they had no backstory or foreshadowing, they just decided to unleash a new power up. Yet only Trunks catches flak for it. That was a really lame and dishonest post you made. It's dishonest because I absolutely know you watched DBZ and you purposely lied to make your current point look good.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am

Does it actually have an official name from anything yet?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 am

Bullza wrote:Does it actually have an official name from anything yet?
No it doesn't
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
No it doesn't
If I'm not mistaking we found out about Trunks' form name "rage" through heroes so the same might happen here.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

Don't expect Dragon Ball Heroes to name it as soon as possible. The next update, UM1, will be released on March and there's a chance the power-up might not be added in it, but in a future update.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:54 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: lol no it isn't
I meant on screen:

Here we go, purposely underselling past moments so you can try to prove your point
SS was built up as something Goku was close to unlocking, but missing one key ingredient. It ended up being true rage. Saying Super Saiyan wasn't explained is an outright lie lol, are you kidding me?
The same was with SS2. It was Gohan's hidden power that he didn't know how to truly bring out, and Cell specifically pushed him to the point of bringing it out

Trunks and Vegeta are very similar, almost the same method because they had no backstory or foreshadowing, they just decided to unleash a new power up. Yet only Trunks catches flak for it. That was a really lame and dishonest post you made. It's dishonest because I absolutely know you watched DBZ and you purposely lied to make your current point look good.
Yes, this new form is gaining a lot of hate. Maybe not as much as SSJ Rage, but still, it's something considerable.
Anyway, after all, she had a much bigger backstory than Trunks.

Trunks' transformation into SSJ Rage really was totally sudden.
He had no training whatsoever to reach a divine level, he gave no indication that he would get a new transformation, we had ABSOLUTELY no explanation for his new transformation, it was not clear what his level was, and he simply reached a absurd power suddenly.

Vegeta has almost 3 whole sagas with only Blue, even training hard. He trained in RoSaT before going to the tournament (actually everyone expected him to show something new from that training), his motivation to reach this new form is being shown from the beginning of the tournament. That is his desire to get the SDB and his other motivation was the promise with Kyabe, shown in EP 112.
In the preview of EP 123 it had already been stated that it would get a new shape, a recent synopsis indicated that (in the case of Trunks, not even the preview indicated something), then we already knew that would happen.

Yes, it was also sudden, but you can not compare. Daishinkan, Piccolo and Kuririn still explained a bit about Vegeta's new form.
With Trunks none of this happened

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
No it doesn't
If I'm not mistaking we found out about Trunks' form name "rage" through heroes so the same might happen here.
Heroes is the only place that actually calls it Super Saiyan Rage as far as I'm aware. In Dokkan, every instance of that form is just called "Super Saiyan Trunks," Baggie mentioned that a figure called it SS2 Trunks, and in Xenoverse 2 it's just part of the Sword of Hope skill. That's why I'm inclined to believe it's supposed to be the same thing as Trunks' powered up SS2 in the manga with some extra flair thrown on top to show that it's stronger like That's My Bulma Vegeta turning pinkish.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Super Saiyan Slightly-Darker-Blue

SSSDB

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:That's why I'm inclined to believe it's supposed to be the same thing as Trunks' powered up SS2 in the manga with some extra flair thrown on top to show that it's stronger like That's My Bulma Vegeta turning pinkish.
I don't know about that because they clearly showed him turning Super Saiyan Grade 3 before that blue aura brought his size back down.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Bullza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:That's why I'm inclined to believe it's supposed to be the same thing as Trunks' powered up SS2 in the manga with some extra flair thrown on top to show that it's stronger like That's My Bulma Vegeta turning pinkish.
I don't know about that because they clearly showed him turning Super Saiyan Grade 3 before that blue aura brought his size back down.
I think this is a grade 2 Blue as he's similar in size to the form he was in when he fought Cell.

In terms of the "my bulma" power up is that it was just that, a power up while this seems to be a new form and something he can access at will.

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Super Saiyan Royale with Cheese
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
So was Goku, bro. This is nothing like the earlier instances where Vegeta was murked just to make Goku look good in comparison. No one expected Vegeta to win, because Goku had actually fought him earlier, and he did much, much better than people with the mindset you're demonstrating would ever expect. Goku and Vegeta have been written as equals throughout most of Super, bar Goku's Kaioken - sometimes even giving Vegeta the edge in base power. And now Vegeta has closed that gap too. He'll close the UI gap too, eventually - though to be fair UI is not even something Goku can just use whenever he wants in the first place.
Last edited by Saturnine on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.