Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 am

mute_proxy wrote: Giving him the identical UI Goku shine in the eyes and the hair (while SSB Goku next to him has none), him standing next to Goku with the same glow around them in the new ED, Grand Priest LITERALLY saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", is far from being a stretch. I'm done arguing with you
That only tells us that this is Vegeta's 'ultimate form' in the tournament, not that it's the same as UI Goku. Especially when the only similarities are the eyes, which are different colors. They don't even have the same aura.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote: Giving him the identical UI Goku shine in the eyes and the hair (while SSB Goku next to him has none), him standing next to Goku with the same glow around them in the new ED, Grand Priest LITERALLY saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", is far from being a stretch. I'm done arguing with you
That only tells us that this is Vegeta's 'ultimate form' in the tournament, not that it's the same as UI Goku. Especially when the only similarities are the eyes, which are different colors. They don't even have the same aura.
They are different colors because one is in SSBlue, the other is in base. The aura's are different because one is in SSBlue, the other one is in base. Grand Priest saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", means exactly what it means, that he reached something Goku did, only one is in SSBlue, the other is in base.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 am

mute_proxy wrote:
They are different colors because one is in SSBlue, the other is in base. The aura's are different because one is in SSBlue, the other one is in base. Grand Priest saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", means exactly what he says, that he reached something Goku did, only one is in SSBlue, the other is in base.
UI Goku is not base form. It is literally called a new transformation in all media. So I'm not sure where everyone is getting UI Goku is base form Goku with a different eye color.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
They are different colors because one is in SSBlue, the other is in base. The aura's are different because one is in SSBlue, the other one is in base. Grand Priest saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", means exactly what he says, that he reached something Goku did, only one is in SSBlue, the other is in base.
UI Goku is not base form. It is literally called a new transformation in all media. So I'm not sure where everyone is getting, UI Goku is base form Goku.
Goku reached the form while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form while he was in Blue.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 am

mute_proxy wrote: Goku reached the form while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form while he was in Blue.
Goku reached Super Saiyan in base form, so what kind of argument is that? UI Goku isn't base form Goku and it was never called Goku's base form anywhere. This is like saying Ultimate Gohan is Gohan's base form and someone can get this form in Super Saiyan.
Kanassa wrote:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 am

HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote: Goku reached the form while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form while he was in Blue.
Goku reached Super Saiyan in base form, so what kind of argument is that? UI Goku isn't base form Goku and it was never called Goku's base form anywhere. This is like saying Ultimate Gohan is Gohan's base form and someone can get this form in Super Saiyan.
Dude, learn to fuckin read. Goku reached the form (UI/Limit Break) while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form (Limit Break) while he was in Blue. How is it such a difficult concept for you?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Dude, learn to fuckin read. Goku reached the form (UI/Limit Break) while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form (Limit Break) while he was in Blue.
I did read, thank you. Goku transformed while he was in base form, but that doesn't mean UI Goku is base form Goku, just like Goku went Super Saiyan in base form. And all that was said was that Vegeta broke his shell like Goku. That doesn't mean he has the same form, especially since no one related it to Goku's UI form outside of 'they both broke their limits'.
Kanassa wrote:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 pm

It looks like Super Vegeta... so Super Vegeta Blue or SSJB limit-breaker.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
HeroR wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:[
It is. He's only using it while in SSBlue and doesnt have the UI technique.
There is no similarities outside the eyes, and even then Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan God has similar eyes. So saying it's the same is stretching it.
Giving him the identical UI Goku shine in the eyes and the hair (while SSB Goku next to him has none), him standing next to Goku with the same glow around them in the new ED, Grand Priest LITERALLY saying "he broke through his shell as Goku did", is far from being a stretch. I'm done arguing with you
Oh but it is a stretch. You're basically saying that because a dog has four legs and two eyes, a cat is also a dog because it has those traits also :P

Making educated assumptions based on so few similarities requires a bit more... discernment than you're demonstrating. Vegeta's form has nothing to do with UI.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Jesus Christ, already have to go on the second page to find this thread!
Anyways, I found it funny, that the one fanart, that was the top result around the time Super came out, when searching for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and was used in articles by reputed sources instead of official work IIRC, now got the look for this new form spot on.
If you can't recall, here it is:
I was so frustrated, that this design, which did not have the color scheme of SSGSS/SSB was mistaken as official artwork, but now its color scheme is pretty much what Royal Blue Vegeta looks like, FFS :lol:

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:24 pm

In all honesty, I have a feeling that SSJ Royal Blue is going to be exclusive to the anime, much like Trunks' Super Saiyajin Hatred/Rage/Anger/Ikari/Blue-but-not-Blue. It seems like the form won't accomplish anything significant against Jiren, as he's still not even using that much of his power; I'm worried that, once Jiren powers up, Vegeta's just going to get floored, making his new form, which wasn't even deserved, completely meaningless.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

Post by KidGoku>3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 am

Whatever it is, I'm glad they're not doing the same mistake with DBZ where once Goku attained SSJ they gave it out to EVERYONE ELSE like Oprah''you have one, you have one and you have one''. It takes away the unique nature of the transformation. Glad they gave Vegeta his own. Keep UI specific to Goku. I like when every character has their own. It makes for a more cool experience and keep maintain the transformations value.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 am

mute_proxy wrote:Dude, learn to fuckin read. Goku reached the form (UI/Limit Break) while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form (Limit Break) while he was in Blue. How is it such a difficult concept for you?
This is not an appropriate way to hold a conversation. Please refer to the community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

KidGoku>3 wrote:Whatever it is, I'm glad they're not doing the same mistake with DBZ where once Goku attained SSJ they gave it out to EVERYONE ELSE like Oprah''you have one, you have one and you have one''. It takes away the unique nature of the transformation. Glad they gave Vegeta his own. Keep UI specific to Goku. I like when every character has their own. It makes for a more cool experience and keep maintain the transformations value.
I can respect that Vegeta isn't chasing the same things as Goku.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 am

I just came up with another name we could use to refer to Vegeta's upgraded SSB power.

Radiant Blue

This is another one that's short, simple, and, at least in my opinion, perfectly encapsulates the form. It's SSB, but with a much more "radiant" power and look.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 am

mute_proxy wrote: Dude, learn to fuckin read. Goku reached the form (UI/Limit Break) while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form (Limit Break) while he was in Blue. How is it such a difficult concept for you?
You're just assuming these two forms are identical and equivalent in function, neither of which is necessarily true.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Dude, learn to fuckin read. Goku reached the form (UI/Limit Break) while he was in base, and Vegeta reached the form (Limit Break) while he was in Blue. How is it such a difficult concept for you?
The two forms are not related, so it doesn't matter if one is 'base' and one is 'blue' its irrelevant. Also, mind your manners.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:41 pm

"Super Saiyan Royal Blue" is nice given Vegeta is a prince and royal blue is an actual color variant of blue, but I'm also still a bit partial to "Super Vegeta Blue" only because this is a transformation that's actually exclusive to Vegeta, unlike his Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Second Grade forms which were both referred to as "Super Vegeta".

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 pm

I think a far more apt name for Vegeta's new form is drum roll

FAIRY SPARKLES VEGETA!!! :lol:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Black Hawk wrote:In all honesty, I have a feeling that SSJ Royal Blue is going to be exclusive to the anime, much like Trunks' Super Saiyajin Hatred/Rage/Anger/Ikari/Blue-but-not-Blue. It seems like the form won't accomplish anything significant against Jiren, as he's still not even using that much of his power; I'm worried that, once Jiren powers up, Vegeta's just going to get floored, making his new form, which wasn't even deserved, completely meaningless.
It's quite possible the manga would adapt the form as well, given that in the manga, both the Oracle Fish said that Goku and Vegeta would one day both be formidable opponents to Beerus AND Vegeta voiced that he is tired following Goku's footsteps, things said that are already taking place in the anime as of now.

I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime. :lol: