Anyone else CAN’T wait for Goku to re-attain Ultra Instinct and fully master it?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Anyone else CAN’T wait for Goku to re-attain Ultra Instinct and fully master it?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm

The wait is just sooo long, and the closer we get, the more i want it. The problem is that Super is a weekly series with only 1 episode per week, so it might take quite a while until that moment happens in-universe.

I can’t wait for Goku to not only re attain UI, but also mastering the offensive portion of UI, thereby completing it.

Now what i do believe (and want) is for Goku’s fully mastered UI (both the attacking and defensive sides) to be the form we saw in the earliest promo trailer Toei released months back, you know the one with the extra added RED aura behind his back (the one in my current avatar). I definitely believe that THAT is the Ultra Instincts FULL form. What do you guys think about that?

Anyone else have a really tough time waiting for it? Is this arc taking too long?

Let me know your thoughts.

I just can’t wait for my boy Goku to become WHOLE!

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Anyone else CAN’T wait for Goku to re-attain Ultra Instinct and fully master it?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Well, Ultra Instinct is a technique that even GoDs have a hard time mastering.
Goku obtained this technique (through a transformation, apparently), missing more or less 20 minutes to finish the tournament. He activated it 2 times, but could not master it and the energy expenditure seemed to be considerable.

So, with just 8 minutes remaining for the tournament, I believe it would be forced if Goku could completely dominate the UI, even its offensive part, in such a short time.

I believe he should not dominate the tournament, only in the next sagas, and that would be an incentive for Beerus to train as well.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Anyone else CAN’T wait for Goku to re-attain Ultra Instinct and fully master it?

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm

You're not alone - I've been waiting for this since the form first debuted in episode 110! I also hope the red portion of the aura is there, as I think it will look truly extraordinary in animation (not to mention the potential for Xenoverse). Honestly though, either way, I'm so hyped for the final fight against Jiren! I expect some incredible animation considering what the rest of the arc has given us for many of the significant fights/scenes.

(Sorry, just had to let out my fanboy side there!)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

That would suck badly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Amir wrote:That would suck badly.
Agreed. He shouldn’t unlock it now
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I'll be the first to admit I want to see Ultra Instinct again badly, like a lot of fans (see, it honestly works that we don't see UI too much, it leaves us wanting more, which is personally what I think should have been the case with SSB, but whatever). But man, the idea of Goku mastering something that Gods haven't been able to do for possibly centuries in just 20ish minutes is... ridiculous, now that I think about it, and I'm someone that wants to see him master it. But then again, the main culprit at fault here is the idea that the tournament is only 48 minutes. I honestly don't understand why it couldn't have taken place over a certain amount of hours instead.

Don't get me wrong, the idea that Goku and Freeza's fight on Namek lasted 5 minutes is equally ridiculous, but I was a kid back then who wasn't putting as much thought into the show while seeing it as I do now. And I'll tell you the whole 48 minutes thing just bothers me in all honesty. Jiren, quite possibly the most powerful being we have ever seen actually fight seriously in Dragon Ball history thus far... might get defeated in only 5 minutes. Again, this is just as ridiculous as Freeza, the "Emperor of the Universe" being beaten in that amount of time too, but the fact that it's happening again now bothers me more.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I don't know if I want to see Ultra Instinct after this arc, or see Goku master it. It's way too powerful to be a new permanent transformation. The thing that's great about Ultra Instinct is it's only showed up in two episodes (three if you count the like, last minute of 115) and both times those episodes were incredible and made the form look so amazing. If we keep seeing it more and more, it's bound to look shittier and shittier and the magic won't be there anymore.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Asura wrote:I don't know if I want to see Ultra Instinct after this arc, or see Goku master it. It's way too powerful to be a new permanent transformation. The thing that's great about Ultra Instinct is it's only showed up in two episodes (three if you count the like, last minute of 115) and both times those episodes were incredible and made the form look so amazing. If we keep seeing it more and more, it's bound to look shittier and shittier and the magic won't be there anymore.
I fully understand your point but what should they do with the form. They can't pretend it doesn't exist or else fans will get mad it. The story may call for Ultra Instinct. But, they can't treat it like Blue and the fans will start to hate the form. It's weird spot for Super to be in and I don't see where or how they could win this situation.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 pm

I just can't wait till we reach the climax of this arc.

I'm just so curious as to who the next villain would be.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Asura wrote:I don't know if I want to see Ultra Instinct after this arc, or see Goku master it. It's way too powerful to be a new permanent transformation. The thing that's great about Ultra Instinct is it's only showed up in two episodes (three if you count the like, last minute of 115) and both times those episodes were incredible and made the form look so amazing. If we keep seeing it more and more, it's bound to look shittier and shittier and the magic won't be there anymore.
I fully understand your point but what should they do with the form. They can't pretend it doesn't exist or else fans will get mad it. The story may call for Ultra Instinct. But, they can't treat it like Blue and the fans will start to hate the form. It's weird spot for Super to be in and I don't see where or how they could win this situation.
As much as I want to see Goku only use Ultra Instinct, I get this. Like I said, it works when we don't see too much of it. Maybe Ultra Instinct could work best if Goku can only use it instinctively in a crisis and not at will? I dunno, but the notion that this is a weird and confusing spot is correct :crazy:

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
As much as I want to see Goku only use Ultra Instinct, I get this. Like I said, it works when we don't see too much of it. Maybe Ultra Instinct could work best if Goku can only use it instinctively in a crisis and not at will? I dunno, but the notion that this is a weird and confusing spot is correct :crazy:
The fact that Goku is able to deflect unconsciously from all the blows of the enemy gives a feeling of very great superiority. If new sagas happen, then inevitably this sense of superiority will have to be broken, Goku will use the UI more constantly and the enemy will sometime defeat him in that state.

And if it's TOEI in DBS, then it's probably going to make Goku use this technique several times. Even in the tournament I found exaggerated Goku to use for the second time, few episodes after the first use.
So, I do not think there's any way out of it.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I fully understand your point but what should they do with the form. They can't pretend it doesn't exist or else fans will get mad it. The story may call for Ultra Instinct. But, they can't treat it like Blue and the fans will start to hate the form. It's weird spot for Super to be in and I don't see where or how they could win this situation.
The fact that Goku is able to deflect unconsciously from all the blows of the enemy gives a feeling of very great superiority. If new sagas happen, then inevitably this sense of superiority will have to be broken, Goku will use the UI more constantly and the enemy will sometime defeat him in that state.

And if it's TOEI in DBS, then it's probably going to make Goku use this technique several times. Even in the tournament I found exaggerated Goku to use the second few episodes after the first use.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. Hell, that double timbre voice of his when he yells gives it hella superiority too. But yeah, even if Whis himself said that achieving this form "will allow you to avoid any danger, no matter how severe", SOMETHING will pop up and break that superiority.

If anything, I'd only like that to be the angels going rogue :lol:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: As much as I want to see Goku only use Ultra Instinct, I get this. Like I said, it works when we don't see too much of it. Maybe Ultra Instinct could work best if Goku can only use it instinctively in a crisis and not at will? I dunno, but the notion that this is a weird and confusing spot is correct :crazy:

And if it's TOEI in DBS, then it's probably going to make Goku use this technique several times. Even in the tournament I found exaggerated Goku to use the second few episodes after the first use.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. Hell, that double timbre voice of his when he yells gives it hella superiority too. But yeah, even if Whis himself said that achieving this form "will allow you to avoid any danger, no matter how severe", SOMETHING will pop up and break that superiority.

If anything, I'd only like that to be the angels going rogue :lol:
So the only way for this form to be saved is to not use it or find something to beat it. If you don't use the form, then people will complain that there is no threat as long as Ultra Instinct is in Goku's pocket. It will cause more harm than good. Plus, I think it will be too early to find someone or something to beat it. It will make it feel like a useless form like SSJ3.
Majinwarman

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 pm

majinwarman wrote: So the only way for this form to be saved is to not use it or find something to beat it. If you don't use the form, then people will complain that there is no threat as long as Ultra Instinct is in Goku's pocket. It will cause more harm than good. Plus, I think it will be too early to find someone or something to beat it. It will make it feel like a useless form like SSJ3.
Not "saved", but "maintained" really. And the latter option is not necessarily what I'm getting at, because if the form is beaten (too much), then it loses its superiority. And exactly, even with Whis saying Goku would avoid any danger with Ultra Instinct, many of us would complain there wouldn't be any threat to Goku if that statement holds. But if the form is used too much, then it "loses its magic" like it was said above, so that's why it's a really weird situation to be in for Toei. There's going to be complaining with each of the three scenarios regardless :lol: And I agree, it's too early to find something to outright beat it instead of waiting for it to run out.

But I don't wanna veer too off-topic :wtf: Because I really can't wait to see the form again irrespective of how many times it's used.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 pm

majinwarman wrote: So the only way for this form to be saved is to not use it or find something to beat it. If you don't use the form, then people will complain that there is no threat as long as Ultra Instinct is in Goku's pocket. It will cause more harm than good. Plus, I think it will be too early to find someone or something to beat it. It will make it feel like a useless form like SSJ3.
Not "saved", but "maintained" really. And the latter option is not necessarily what I'm getting at, because if the form is beaten (too much), then it loses its superiority. And exactly, even with Whis saying Goku would avoid any danger with Ultra Instinct, many of us would complain there wouldn't be any threat to Goku if that statement holds. But if the form is used too much, then it "loses its magic" like it was said above, so that's why it's a really weird situation to be in for Toei. There's going to be complaining with each of the three scenarios regardless :lol: And I agree, it's too early to find something to outright beat it instead of waiting for it to run out.

But I don't wanna veer too off-topic :wtf: Because I really can't wait to see the form again irrespective of how many times it's used.
So, you want to get rid of the form! That is a unpopular opinion you have sir or madam. I like that you have your own opinion, but it's not going to happen at all.
Majinwarman

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 am

majinwarman wrote:

So, you want to get rid of the form! That is a unpopular opinion you have sir or madam. I like that you have your own opinion, but it's not going to happen at all.
Uh, no :lol: :lol: :lol:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 am

majinwarman wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Not "saved", but "maintained" really. And the latter option is not necessarily what I'm getting at, because if the form is beaten (too much), then it loses its superiority. And exactly, even with Whis saying Goku would avoid any danger with Ultra Instinct, many of us would complain there wouldn't be any threat to Goku if that statement holds. But if the form is used too much, then it "loses its magic" like it was said above, so that's why it's a really weird situation to be in for Toei. There's going to be complaining with each of the three scenarios regardless :lol: And I agree, it's too early to find something to outright beat it instead of waiting for it to run out.

Uh, no :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you want then for Ultra Instinct?
Majinwarman

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:38 am

I rather wait for another arc or two until he masters it fully. Him doing it before the ToP ends would kill the hype for it on my end since its a rare and unique technique/form, and next thing I know is it becomes like the super saiyan, all legendary until a few arcs later even kids are seen using it.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 am

I definitely want to see it again in this Tournament and we almost certainly will. Whether he masters it or not is another thing.

I'd rather they take there turn because it will be more fulfilling when it does appear again. Better enjoy it now before they do the same thing they do with the other forms and over use it to the point it's not special anymore.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:58 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I'll be the first to admit I want to see Ultra Instinct again badly, like a lot of fans (see, it honestly works that we don't see UI too much, it leaves us wanting more, which is personally what I think should have been the case with SSB, but whatever). But man, the idea of Goku mastering something that Gods haven't been able to do for possibly centuries in just 20ish minutes is... ridiculous, now that I think about it, and I'm someone that wants to see him master it. But then again, the main culprit at fault here is the idea that the tournament is only 48 minutes. I honestly don't understand why it couldn't have taken place over a certain amount of hours instead.

Don't get me wrong, the idea that Goku and Freeza's fight on Namek lasted 5 minutes is equally ridiculous, but I was a kid back then who wasn't putting as much thought into the show while seeing it as I do now. And I'll tell you the whole 48 minutes thing just bothers me in all honesty. Jiren, quite possibly the most powerful being we have ever seen actually fight seriously in Dragon Ball history thus far... might get defeated in only 5 minutes. Again, this is just as ridiculous as Freeza, the "Emperor of the Universe" being beaten in that amount of time too, but the fact that it's happening again now bothers me more.
So he should mastered the technique of the gods in a few hours? In the grand scheme of things, how is that different from a few minutes?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.