Post-hiatus-news: What series do you want next?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Post-hiatus-news: What series do you want next?

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:50 pm

They will never replace Goku and Vegeta with their children. They just won't. The two characters are too iconic to the DB franchise and any DB series that doesn't predominately feature them will not be nearly as successful.

I'd like for the series to pick up after EoZ.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 pm

It really is true..Fans come up with worst ideas than creators. Not one idea here would make money which lets be real is the only reason dragon ball is back and continues.

Personally, I say we go post eoz and just go on an adventure across the multiverse.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:End it with the next movie and keep it dead, it's not worth keeping around when the best it can amount to is cool trash.
Hmm this guy right here, he be brilliant at making money.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm happy with Goku and Vegeta training together under Whis. I don't want to see them replaced. Goku and friends are what I watch Super for.

A better schedule and returning to the Z-era character design sheets ala Takahashi are the only changes I'd make. So just...Super on a better schedule with more stylish character designs.

I don't care about the next gen. I won't come back for them. I wouldn't come back for a dbh series either. If I wanted a shounen series full of fresh faces there's tons of other franchises around for that. Look at the show replacing Super; all the same cast with like one new girl added.

I dunno. I'm still kinda numb from the announcement. It's still processing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm happy with Goku and Vegeta training together under Whis. I don't want to see them replaced. Goku and friends are what I watch Super for.

A better schedule and returning to the Z-era character design sheets ala Takahashi are the only changes I'd make. So just...Super on a better schedule with more stylish character designs.

I don't care about the next gen. I won't come back for them. I wouldn't come back for a dbh series either. If I wanted a shounen series full of fresh faces there's tons of other franchises around for that. Look at the show replacing Super; all the same cast with like one new girl added.

That is kind of My Feeling right now, I should be more concerned what this means for New Characters I want to see more development out of Like Ribrianne, Caulifla and Kale and also hanging story plots like the after-effects of the ToP, UI and Jiren's place of power in the Mythos.

But what has me at most is HOW are they planing to Finish this all up by Episode 131?! :eh: :eh: :eh: :?:

Just seems Very Odd and Overly Rushed unless the last few episodes are on a 118 level of context and a well written character narrative.

Just odd to here it all ending so fast when it is so close and we have much still hanging story and character wise. :think:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Enough of the Goku and Vegeta show. Enough of this time period where there's no tension, because you know what happens after. Enough of Yamamuro.

Let the series rest for a few years. Come back with new blood in the animation and writing departments. Go past the End of Z. Have a better balance of characters in the spotlight. Adapt from a manga, if there is one.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't be too interested if the show going forward wouldn't be Goku and co. Either have Super conclude next arc or a hard reboot would be cool. Maybe even a straight up reimagining with new ideas from newer talent.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 pm

I think we may not get a new series after Super. After GT ended, some people thought a 4th series would be next and nothing happen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 pm

We need to cover:

The demon realm
U6 Planet Sadala
Zalama the Dragon God
U13 to u18
U12 first time traveler
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Honstly I am still confused and the whole idea of this decsions seems to be a major pulling the rug out from under the fans feet move, still sudden that they end such a series at the cusp of what might have been their most important arc a Universe Building one where Goku Learns UI as well of they explore the mysterious behind Jiren.

And that would be the Series I would want next, not a 10 years down the road arc near or after the EoZ, but one that takes place not to long after the events of the ToP and Goes on this Exploring Arc and Character Driven Narrative with many of the original characters of U7 playing major parts and the New Cast of Heroes like Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, Hit, Ribrianne, Kakunsa, Rozie, Toppo, Jiren, U6 Namekians, Pride Troopers and More playing major parts in developing both themselves and advancing the world around them.

If THAT is the Series we get in this timeperiod to wait I be Very Much Ok with the wait, but we need more info as to why Super is ending so soon and what the future Really Holds besides movies and games.
My #1 in DB!

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

A better Dragon Ball GT, with better execution of ideas and character usage.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm happy with Goku and Vegeta training together under Whis. I don't want to see them replaced. Goku and friends are what I watch Super for.

That is kind of My Feeling right now, I should be more concerned what this means for New Characters I want to see more development out of Like Ribrianne, Caulifla and Kale and also hanging story plots like the after-effects of the ToP, UI and Jiren's place of power in the Mythos.

But what has me at most is HOW are they planing to Finish this all up by Episode 131?! :eh: :eh: :eh: :?:

Just seems Very Odd and Overly Rushed unless the last few episodes are on a 118 level of context and a well written character narrative.

Just odd to here it all ending so fast when it is so close and we have much still hanging story and character wise. :think:
One of my biggest fears concerining the ending in March is someone using the super dragon balls to hit the big undo button. To wish away everything that's happened and render it all meaningless with a phrase like "wishing Beerus had never dreamt of a super saiyan god" or "wishing Beerus had never met Goku". It'd wrap it up in an extremely unsatisfyingly neat bow because things could fade to white and it could end the same way it began--Goku farming out back, wondering what Vegeta's up to with only a vague sense that something feels off.

I feel like with the way the Goku Black arc ended that an ending that cruel wouldn't be beyond Toriyama.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

One of my biggest fears concerining the ending in March is someone using the super dragon balls to hit the big undo button. To wish away everything that's happened and render it all meaningless with a phrase like "wishing Beerus had never dreamt of a super saiyan god" or "wishing Beerus had never met Goku". It'd wrap it up in an extremely unsatisfyingly neat bow because things could fade to white and it could end the same way it began--Goku farming out back, wondering what Vegeta's up to with only a vague sense that something feels off.

I feel like with the way the Goku Black arc ended that an ending that cruel wouldn't be beyond Toriyama.
I really hope that would not be the case, it be the old Feared Story Twist like I hear about from the Show Dallas "It was ALL just a Dream!" that last few episode or in this case the WHOLE of the series. IMO that be the Biggest Punch the Franchise's Fans would ever receive and it be saying we ALL just wasted our time with all this development only to go back to the starting point. You likely would have a Fan Outrage that would likely Destroy the Franchise, I think Toei can have a cruel ending but that be just destroying themselves IMO.

My worry of a cop out is more of either they Wish all of U7 forget about the ToP and the deaths to help them go along with their lives happy or worst not bring back the Universes at all and no one in U7 really seems to care about the Billions of Live Lost.

I don't think it be the cruel, but with this rushed ending I am concerned about a rushed conclusion that will leave fans unsatisfied unless most of the last episodes are all 118 levels of good. :problem:
My #1 in DB!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Tate Naoki as character designer and a good series director and Tomioka Atsuhiro as head writer with a good schedule, Gokuu and Vegeta eternally locked in a state where neither knows who is stronger than the other, and Kale and Caulifla being their usual great selves.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:12 am

Chuquita wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Thats not exactly what happened, the black arc with everyone dying. It wasn't reset.

But i do think this arc will have a dark ending.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 am

Basaku wrote:Where do you want to see DB go when it (presumably) returns after the hiatus in 2019 or so?
I want Dragon Ball Online to be adapted and be the next highlight of the series. If not, then some key elements and some other stuff based on it but also bringing new content.

A prequel, if well handled, would also be interesting.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 am

Goten and Trunks join the Galactic Police.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 am

Grimlock wrote:
Basaku wrote:Where do you want to see DB go when it (presumably) returns after the hiatus in 2019 or so?
I want Dragon Ball Online to be adapted and be the next highlight of the series. If not, then some key elements and some other stuff based on it but also bringing new content.

A prequel, if well handled, would also be interesting.
I agree. But first, i would want Super to wrap up its plot threads and later down the line have a Dragon Ball Online anime. It would be interesting to see how the gods and mortals from other universes would fit into DBOnline.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 am

Totamo wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Thats not exactly what happened, the black arc with everyone dying. It wasn't reset.

But i do think this arc will have a dark ending.
That is what I meant, that I think it'll be a downer ending like the Goku Black arc, not that that arc was reset.

I've got such mixed feelings on this right now, Super being over in March. I'll see what I think in the morning.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 am

For the first time since 2011 all the way to 2014, I was shocked to see a lack of Dragon Ball broadcasting in Japan after nearly 4 years.

I think the last two chapters (518/519) three episodes of Z (289-291) may be expanded and GT needs some major rewriting for the next generation series.

If Dragon Ball wants to pull a Star Wars prequel trilogy series, the series should be known as Dragon Ball: Origins. This series centers on the life of Bardock and King Vegeta from their childhood to their demise as well as elements from the other 12 Universes. We want to also see Freeza's origins and so forth. It is set before the original Dragon Ball series in the Pilaf arc.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads