people say tarble was altered to become the concept for cabba

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

people say tarble was altered to become the concept for cabba

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 am

But nobody discusses the fact Zeno is Gure with face paint

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dr ... -prefix=it

BWri

Re: people say tarble was altered to become the concept for cabba

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:But nobody discusses the fact Zeno is Gure with face paint

This was the last thing I expected. Anyways, yes it's true Toriyama often reuses character designs. It's especially obvious when you see the games he creates. But I love it!

I really want Tarble and his wife for Super though. They were a lot of fun.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:02 pm

BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:But nobody discusses the fact Zeno is Gure with face paint

This was the last thing I expected. Anyways, yes it's true Toriyama often reuses character designs. It's especially obvious when you see the games he creates. But I love it!

I'd like a shout out to them in a cameo. Even if it's like the EoZ 17 stuff in Kid Buu saga, but we see him as a super saiyan 3 or something fighting an alien

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:23 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote:

I'd like a shout out to them in a cameo. Even if it's like the EoZ 17 stuff in Kid Buu saga, but we see him as a super saiyan 3 or something fighting an alien
I can't even see Tarble getting SSJ at this rate. It'd be funny if Cabba and Zeno had a brief moment where they just looked at one another and shook their heads in silence.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:57 pm

BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote: This was the last thing I expected. Anyways, yes it's true Toriyama often reuses character designs. It's especially obvious when you see the games he creates. But I love it!

I can't even see Tarble getting SSJ at this rate. It'd be funny if Cabba and Zeno had a brief moment where they just looked at one another and shook their heads in silence.
I dunno the guy was first form frieza level, and I'm sure that's enough to get the power requirement. Plus he seems pretty pure hearted

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dunno the guy was first form frieza level, and I'm sure that's enough to get the power requirement. Plus he seems pretty pure hearted
Was he? I could've sworn he was weaker than that. I thought the implication was he survived Abo and Cado by running away.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:19 pm

BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote: I can't even see Tarble getting SSJ at this rate. It'd be funny if Cabba and Zeno had a brief moment where they just looked at one another and shook their heads in silence.
Was he? I could've sworn he was weaker than that. I thought the implication was he survived Abo and Cado by running away.
Abo and Cabo's lines about him say he 'gave them trouble' or 'a hard time' or something like that... which makes me wonder what the actual hell environment he landed on to toughen up to that point after being sent away for being so weak

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:18 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Abo and Cabo's lines about him say he 'gave them trouble' or 'a hard time' or something like that... which makes me wonder what the actual hell environment he landed on to toughen up to that point after being sent away for being so weak
He's still a Saiyan, so if they ever toyed with him at a certain point, he could've survived and gotten a Namek arc level Zenkai or a couple of them.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 am

BWri wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
BWri wrote: Was he? I could've sworn he was weaker than that. I thought the implication was he survived Abo and Cado by running away.
He's still a Saiyan, so if they ever toyed with him at a certain point, he could've survived and gotten a Namek arc level Zenkai or a couple of them.
That's what I'm thinking, he may well have landed somewhere barren and inhospitable which led to him toughening up after he was abandoned