If given the opportunity, would you have chosen the Manga or the Anime of Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

If given the opportunity, would you have chosen the Manga or the Anime of Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 am

If you were going to handle the tasks of literally becoming your favorite character of one of the two different variations of Dragon Ball Super, would it be the Manga or the Anime?

Or would you have preferred to experience both, by spending exactly 9 hours to do as you desire in the Manga of Dragon Ball Super, before needing to let your body rest and sleep, to then wake up as yourself in the Anime of Dragon Ball Super? Before needing to repeat the process again of heading straight to bed, as a result of you being forced to use so much of your own energy in moving from one body to the next, once your time-limit of 9 hours in this parallel world had expired?

Come to think of it, the second option would have been quite interesting to say the least, as who wouldn't want to have experienced the best moments of their life at least twice?

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If given the opportunity, would you have chosen the Manga or the Anime of Dragon Ball Super?

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:57 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If you were going to handle the tasks of literally becoming your favorite character of one of the two different variations of Dragon Ball Super, would it be the Manga or the Anime?

Or would you have preferred to experience both, by spending exactly 9 hours to do as you desire in the Manga of Dragon Ball Super, before needing to let your body rest and sleep, to then wake up as yourself in the Anime of Dragon Ball Super? Before needing to repeat the process again of heading straight to bed, as a result of you being forced to use so much of your own energy in moving from one body to the next, once your time-limit of 9 hours in this parallel world had expired?

Come to think of it, the second option would have been quite interesting to say the least, as who wouldn't want to have experienced the best moments of their life at least twice?
I want to say both. Because if we were imported in the manga and still in a human body, I'm not sure if we could get the same hax powerups as the humans in Super. I'd go in with a plan. If it was the beginning of Super, I'd try to get Trunks time machine to go into the past and become an android by submitting myself to Dr. Gero. Once that happens, I'd betray him like #17 did and join the Z fighters. I'd train just like #17 did and have my hax powerup by the time the Super's current arc rolled around and by bouncing back and forth between manga and anime, I'd get tons of hax powerups from the anime and bring them to the manga with me, likely making me one of the strongest manga fighters.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: If given the opportunity, would you have chosen the Manga or the Anime of Dragon Ball Super?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:52 pm

I'd say a happy mix. I'd have some of the fight scenes and power ups of the Manga in the Anime, Id the Goku Black Arc to the anime with the exception of Ikari Trunks and Grotesque Zamasu. I'd have the fight between Vegito and Zamasu from the manga as well. Plus giving Vegeta SSG and Black regular SSJ.

As for the ToP so far, I'd keep the pre Tournament stuff the say as in the anime.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 pm

The anime, obviously, unearned powerups, plot shield, absurd potential and more?! Yes please!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I'd say a happy mix. I'd have some of the fight scenes and power ups of the Manga in the Anime, Id the Goku Black Arc to the anime with the exception of Ikari Trunks and Grotesque Zamasu. I'd have the fight between Vegito and Zamasu from the manga as well. Plus giving Vegeta SSG and Black regular SSJ.

As for the ToP so far, I'd keep the pre Tournament stuff the say as in the anime.
I agree with you. I would like a mix of both though I didn't like how Trunks did nothing in his own arc in the manga. He just was a background character that let Goku and Vegeta do everything for him.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Both. When one does bad I need some hope that the other will step up and make up for it.

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 am

OK, here's the game plan. I would choose both.

My main plan to ensure survival throughout Super is to discover how Ultra Instinct works, if it is revealed by the end of the series, great, if not, it would take a while, but I'll try.

Since I can cycle through the manga and anime, I have twice the amount of time to obtain mastery.

First, we start with BoG. I enter the universe of Dragon Ball in the BoG arc. I would try not to interfere with the main plot at this point as I know it would turn out fine, so I would start training by trying to learn how to use ki, I'd try to learn how to fly, and if that doesn't work, I have the break between BoG and RoF to get taught it by Roshi or someone, I would train with Master Roshi for a few years and make a few tweaks here and there like distracting Freeza so Vegeta can finish him off and preventing the destruction of Earth and allowing Vegeta to actually have a win. Sometime, I would gather the Dragon Balls and wish for eternal youth, to allow me to carry out a certain something later on.

This all continues until the Future Trunks arc, after everyone fails to save Trunks' time, I would hijack his time machine to go to the past to the Pilaf Saga, which can actually benefit everyone as it means Trunks joins U7 for the ToP.

Back in the Pilaf Saga, I will try to meet Bulma/Goku as soon as possible to become friends with the Z fighters very early on and try to change the story as little as possible, just kinda leaving everything to how it was originally, during the tournament arc I would train with Roshi, Goku and Krillin, which would increase my power substantially, I'm not sure where I would end up but I'd try to win. During the Red Ribbon Army Saga, I would climb Korin's tower early on so I can help Goku, and let him know that I know about the true Sacred Water so he may lead me to it. After that is done, I come out and hope Goku is almost done with the Red Ribbon Army.

Now comes the important part, to find Dr. Gero. I would find him and submit myself to become an Android, informing him of my potential at that point and demonstrating it by destroying a rock or something. Now, in the process of converting into an Android, it is likely that I would forget everything, and this is where the manga comes in. After I become an Android in the anime, manga me still has memory of everything, so that should transfer to anime me after two cycles. Since I'm now in the Cell Saga, it would be impossible to turn my manga self into an Android at this point, everything from the Fortuneteller Baba Saga to the Cell Saga would consist of me training and joining the World Martial Arts Tournaments. I'd go back in time with Trunks's time machine back to the Pilaf Saga.

The same cycle continues except this time there is a swap between the manga and anime, so I become an Android in the manga and continue training in the anime, after I am awakened, I join the Z Fighters and train in the Room of Spirit and Time with everyone else, and ask Goku to teach me the Instant Transmission most importantly, and then as many of the other techniques as possible.

Now my manga and anime selves are both on the same track as each other. I would use the 7-year time skip to train and learn techniques such as the Solar Flare, Destructo Disc, Masenko, Special Beam Cannon, etc. just as many as possible. When Buu attacks, I try to help and not get absorbed, and I will Instant Transmission when the Earth is exploding and help supply the Spirit Bomb with my infinite energy.

During the time skip between the Buu arc and BoG, I would learn Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.

When BoG ends, I would ask to train with Whis in hopes of obtaining God Ki.

Now my plan is in motion, I know multiple of the techniques the other Z fighters know, I have God Ki, and I am an Android, that should put me at at least Dyspo's ToP level during the RoF arc. I'd give Vegeta the win again and go back to training. I'd go into the Room of Spirit and Time and try to obtain Ultra Instinct, possibly by training with Goku and firing a Spirit Bomb at him and allowing him to deflect it back at me, or by training for a few RoSaT years. I won't go to the U6 Tournament because that would be a waste of time, but I would continue to train in RoSaT in hopes of eventually surpassing Jiren. Now, assuming I eventually do achieve UI, I try my best to master it by training intensely with Goku or Vegeta, or I could train with 17 while everyone else is fighting. Future Trunks arc comes, and I use my newly obtained mastered Ultra Instinct to help defeat Zamasu with the Mafuba and save Trunks's timeline, I'd then use Present Dende's energy to hopefully find Future Dende and help Trunks restore Earth. We could also bring Zamasu to future Zeno to destroy him.

Whis, Beerus and Goku prevent Zamasu from attacking in the Present Timeline as they do in the actual show, and Zeno announces the ToP.

I join the ToP, probably replacing Tien and suggesting Freeza to everyone else so that we can have a team of 10, or I would ensure Vegeta doesn't destroy the RoSaT so we could put Buu in there when he starts sleeping, I think Buu would be better than Freeza since he can absorb the opponents and gain their powers, and would also be a good healer, meaning Roshi gets eliminated later, and at this point I would be at least Freeza level and would be able to defeat everyone he defeats, except for maybe Dyspo, but Buu can probably slow him down. Hopefully, we would be able to win using strategy since I probably still wouldn't be Jiren level, I would probably Instant Transmission him to the benches or ask Goku to do it depending on whether I am still in or not (I would love to try to get Goku to do it so I can win though), we would persuade Zeno of the possibility of having the ToP happen again, so he would allow us to resurrect the other universes, we would then gather the Dragon Balls and wish for a boat for 17, and that's the end of Super.