Would you Want Dragon Ball Super Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Would you Want Dragon Ball Super Kai?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Now that DBSuper is ending, would you eventually want a DBSuper Kai to be created eventually?

I would appreciate a DBS Kai to remove any instances of "Saiyan Beyond God". I would have Goku regain SSGod the same episode after he loses it. He would fair well against Beerus as SSGod, then fail as SS1, and regain SSGod to keep it permanently. He will then be able to use it like he did in the second half of Top.

I would also have Vegeta gain SSGod on his own to explain where SSBlue came from better. There would be better balance of the power levels; no need to get into specifics, but not let it confuse so many audience members.

What would you change in a Kai version, if anything?

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Would you Want Dragon Ball Super Kai?

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Now that DBSuper is ending, would you eventually want a DBSuper Kai to be created eventually?

I would appreciate a DBS Kai to remove any instances of "Saiyan Beyond God". I would have Goku regain SSGod the same episode after he loses it. He would fair well against Beerus as SSGod, then fail as SS1, and regain SSGod to keep it permanently. He will then be able to use it like he did in the second half of Top.

I would also have Vegeta gain SSGod on his own to explain where SSBlue came from better. There would be better balance of the power levels; no need to get into specifics, but not let it confuse so many audience members.

What would you change in a Kai version, if anything?
Well, you're talking about a Super remake. That's not exactly what Kai is, at least not in Dragon Ball Kai's case. I think Kai does mean "refresh" in Japanese, but it was only made for the anniversary and to cut out the filler. Remaking Super goes against that original intention and honestly - It's pointless. Super doesn't have the same iconic nature Z had that made it deserve to be remade. The dub for Super's also already pretty good, so there's no added benefit there.

In my opinion, just leave Super alone. It's too late to look at the past. Like I've been preaching for the past few days: It's time for DB fans to learn how to move on from Super and this whole ten-year trap gap period. A Super remake would just be milking DB even more than it already has been. Let's move on to new stories so we can have new things to talk about. Besides, the manga's already there if you want a DB Super sort of remake.

That being said, I have no idea what Toei would want - but I doubt they'll want to go back and touch earlier Super material ever again once it's done. So - No, I don't want a DB Super Kai because it wouldn't exactly represent the original point of Kai.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 am

Eventually I'd want Super to be remade, taking some beats from the manga and anime as well as fleshing out the ideas of both and completely rewriting some things like character motivations, powerups, and such. But right now I wouldn't want something like that.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:06 am

If Kai gives me Super manga adaptation, then yes, absolutely..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 am

I'd certainly be open to it, but I want GT Kai first. I'd love to see GT revisited and revised.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:32 am

As much as I'd love an anime version of Toyotarou's manga, I'd take a new show over it any day. Super is what it is and it's best to just move on and learn from what it did (good&bad).

Look at the original Kai, it fixed some of Z's issues but came with new ones which resulted in people being less happy with it than they were with Z and its issues.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Just watch Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. That cuts all of the fat out of the first 27 episodes.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm

A new Dragon Ball Super based on Toyotaro's manga, I would love that, it would be a nice "kaified" version of Super.

On the other hand, A GT remake, which takes into consideration everything what happened in Super is something I would look forward way more.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am

I'm definitely in the camp that says Super is too recent to warrant a Kai version or remake of any kind. TOEI aren't going to invest in a 4th version of the Battle of Gods arc in 5 years. That said should we be in the middle of another Dragon Ball drought in 10 years I'd be open to it, especially if it was a truer adaptation of Toyotaro's manga.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 am

If in the future they decide to re-air Super and fix the bad art and animation it has throughout it while cutting filler material and possibly adding a few new scenes, then I would definitely want something like this.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Maybe in the next 5 years or so. But right now, it's too soon. Give me an adaption of Jaco The Galactic Patrolman, then we can start talking.