Crunch time: Could U7 actually lose the tournament and be erased?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Crunch time: Could U7 actually lose the tournament and be erased?

Post by precita » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm

All of Goku/Vegeta's attacks on Jiren have barely done anything, and we've already seen Jiren nearly knocked out of the ring to jump back up. Now we have "God Toppo" who is seemingly even more powerful than before, and will likely plow through 17 and Freeza. Vegeta's new blue sparkly form hasn't made much of a difference at least so far, and Ultra Instinct also seemed to have trouble with Jiren.

Barring something like U7 winning by time since 3 members over just Jiren/Toppo would make U7 "win" by having more fighters left...or them using fusion and Vegito again, I don't see how they can win.

With the knowledge of the hiatus, maybe U7 gets erased? And it will be a meta reason for no more show? Can't have a series without Goku and co.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: Crunch time: Could U7 actually lose the tournament and be erased?

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm

No. UI Goku will make everything ok.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Honestly, that is something I can see happening. U7 could technically lose, but either Goku or someone from U7 gets awarded with the title of MVP and then use their wish to get everyone back.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:50 pm

U7 erased would have no impact at all, we all know at the end everything will tie with EoZ and Everyone is alive and kicking
There's still room for a dramatic Beerus death or something similar tho

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

I think U7 could lose and be brought back. I think Toppo and Jiren will feel like Goku was not a bad guy after all and use their wish to bring back Universe 7.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:09 pm

U11 will win, wish back everyone including Freeza’s life. Jiren will have come to a surprising conclusion regarding Goku and how he thought he was evil but came to understand him. Goku and Vegeta will be surprised when offered the chance to become a God of Destruction in their own universe when Toppo decides its not right for him. They will turn this down. Freeza will then be offered the chance and take it and go off training with someone. Surprisingly content with not having to defeat Goku or get his revenge on him anymore but still playfully promising he will once he has the power of a God. Goku will take this challenge with a smile. Everyone in U7 will just be glad he’s not taking Beerus’ place.

Everyone goes home happy and Goku and Vegeta continue to make their progress towards becoming as powerful as a God of Destruction. Beerus laments privately that they are about to surpass him so he goes on a super secret training regime with Whis to hone UI.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:11 pm

I hope so. Imagine U7 loses and gets erased. Screen goes black. No ending song no NEP, no knowledge of the Wish.

Fuck,that would be badass

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:15 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:U7 erased would have no impact at all, we all know at the end everything will tie with EoZ and Everyone is alive and kicking
That doesn't mean they can't lose and be erased...and then brought back later.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:I hope so. Imagine U7 loses and gets erased. Screen goes black. No ending song no NEP, no knowledge of the Wish.

You..you have been playing some Doki Doki literature club recently?

This actually would be a fantastic ending, especially if it plans on continuing later, but the chances of it happening are zero..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:21 pm

It's going to be like this:
Goku and Vegeta get knocked out of the ring by Jiren.
El Grande Padre does his "yo, you out, get rekt" speech.
Then Jiren sees Dragon Ball vol. 42 lying to his feet.
He picks it up and reads the last chapters
"Hmph, seems this prophecy was not true at all".
Then suddenly Tori-Bot jumps out of nowhere, takes the manga and slaps Jiren with it like the dog he is.
"What's the matter? What's done is done already", Jiren says and readies a punch towards Tori-Bot.
Tori-Bott though is not even moved one bit by it. He throws the manga at Jiren's head and knocks him out of the ring. "You know why?", he asks, "Because, I am the one who knocks" and then he brings back Universe 7.

THE END
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 pm

If Jiren not using his full power appear faaaaaaaaar stronger than Goku UI unmastered...i don't think that mastering UI will make a GIANT power boost that will make Goku in the same level or stronger than Jiren. I can't see this happening, and if it does happen, the end of this arc will look really messed up.

I can envision Jiren losing by strategy, not by strenght... or a fusion... or Jiren winning the tournament.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:59 pm

I personally wouldn't have a problem with such an ending. But i think people wouldn't like it. The Future Trunks ending is frowned upon by the fandom to this day, and that ending had the Z Fighters lose to the main villain, Zamasu, and the beloved timeline of Future Trunks being erased by the Omni-King. It was a very dark ending. An ending similiar to the one you propose for the Tournament of Power. So i think that people would be angry if Universe 7 loses the Tournament of Power and is erased; for example, they might complain that those 50+ episodes of the Tournament of Power were pointless, or that Universe 7 didn't deserve to lose.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I'b be so happy if U11 won.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:I hope so. Imagine U7 loses and gets erased. Screen goes black. No ending song no NEP, no knowledge of the Wish.

You..you have been playing some Doki Doki literature club recently?
Dear Kami........

I got that game a few days ago, heard it was good and free so I gave it a go, I went in completely blind and.......wow....

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:23 pm

precita wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:U7 erased would have no impact at all, we all know at the end everything will tie with EoZ and Everyone is alive and kicking
That doesn't mean they can't lose and be erased...and then brought back later.
I know, what i mean is there would be no tension at all

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:No. UI Goku will make everything ok.
I couldn’t agree more.

Fully mastered UI Goku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jiren.

Anyday, anytime, anywhere!

And i don’t care what people say. A fully mastered UI IS Victory itself! Victory is expressed through UI, it is the perfect form. It’s victory is already secured. Goku has already won! Yeah! I am the biggest UI wanker fellow comrades!!!(H)

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Goku and Vegeta will get their heads out of their asses and use the Potara and UI Vegito will drop jiren in a tough fight. That way u7 can win and goku/vegeta still have a wall(jiren) that they must continue to train to try and surpass

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 pm

So far in Super, Goku hasn’t won anything. He lost to Beerus. They lost to Freeza and only got out of it by Whis’ do over. They lost to Black and Trunks even lost his entire universe/timeline. The overall theme of Super is failure. So no way they’re going to win.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:46 pm

There is no "hiatus" how is this misinformation still a thing? DBS is ending not breaking.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I can honestly see U7 losing.

Saying that, this is Dragonball - so if they do take that route, Jiren's wish willl likely be one to restore all that was lost.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 pm

At this point it would be more of an ass pull or deus ex for Goku to beat both Jiren and Toppo.