How would you feel if Super ends with a cliffhanger ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

How would you feel if Super ends with a cliffhanger ?

Post by KidGoku>3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am

Honestly I would rather Jiren win vs Goku than them ending it on a cliffhanger, or even worse, give us Vegetto. As someone who hates fusion, and thinks it's a representation of Supers biggest issue for me, blandness and it being a cop out. I have a feeling they are heading towards another failed Vegetto attempt with the way they are setting up the 2vs1 fight. They clearly don't want Goku to master UI as they are keeping that for the future to keep people interested but how would you feel if they end it on a cliffhanger ? Let's say somehow Goku fuses with Vegeta and they end up losing again (Super has tried to become so unpredictable that it has become so predictable) and nothing happens ? They fast forward to a specific time and we see Goku training or eating or whatever with his family or uub and it ends there without resolving a single thing. I mean we're almost at 131. Not many episodes left.

Would you be ok with that ? I personally would hate it. I mean waiting years for all of it to get resolved ? I mean if they took a break for a month or 2 that's fine but it will be at least a year before we can even get a glimpse of what happened and if the movie is about planet Sadala we might not even get a continuation of the cliffhanger at all if a new DB series won't come back in the future. We won't even get to see Goku master UI for a VERY long time, if at all. And that's the coolest transformation ever imo.

On one hand I would love to see Goku master UI and defeat Jiren and then they end it like that so the movie focuses on the backstory of the Saiyans on Sadala. On the other hand if they postpone Goku mastering UI who knows when we'll see it ever again. And that's a big IF. And even if we see it it'll be what YEARS later. I don't want to wait that long. I am a bit worried yeah, seems like they completely lost the interest in Super and are just winging it to end it. Hey people love Vegetto right let's end it with that it'll be cool for them and it would be a nice cop out to end it on that.

sintzu
Banned

Re: How would you feel if Super ends with a cliffhanger ?

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 am

I think it's clear that the 2 main fights that are left will be concluded but they could do something like have Freeza take over the multiverse and end it on that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 am

Considering theirs no confirmation that the series will continue ever, I would be incredibly annoyed.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 am

Considering there might not ever be another Toriyama original Dragonball continuation ever, I will feel rage.. Incredible amounts of rage..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:55 am

It would pretty much confirm a sequel so I'd like it.

Although, we'd have tons worth of theories and fanfic continuations until it'd resume again.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm

it would make me mad.

And it seems that after Kefla's episode, DBS had a big drop in art and animation quality (except for parts of Vegeta's episode). As DBS is so unpredictable, i don't doubt that a cliffhanger, like the one that happened in Shaman King, in the middle of the fight...happen. It would suck.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:02 pm

I'd laugh tbh because it'd accurately reflect the amount of thought that has gone into the series thus far.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm

I’d hate it. I’d rather Super go out as its own complete story than end trying to hype up another series. The latter is interesting in the moment, but the former allows the narrative to feel complete.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Unless the cliffhanger is Frieza winning I would rather them just rap it up.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 pm

I would be really unhappy about it. An arc this long needs a clear conclusion and the series deserves one as well. All the other Dragon Ball anime had proper endings. It would be really weird to have 3 that can basically stand alone and one that doesn't.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:40 pm

I'd be relieved because it'd be a closer guarantee that it would continue in the future.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Super is ending, so no cliffhangers. DB never did cliffhangers anyways. They will wrap it up, even if they need to force it. Since this is the end of Super. No hitaus or break or whatever. ToP is the final arc of super.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

I've lived through cliffhangers on TV shows before, I could do it here. That is, presuming, that Super will return and wrap up the cliffhanger in the next story arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:51 am

Doing that while saying the show is ending would be quite cruel to do to fans, honestly.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 am

Short of a guaranteed series to come after...

No chance in HELL, HFIL, Demon Realm, whatever! End the TOP on 130 and give something that's a lead up to End of Z for 131.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:25 am

With Freeza still in the ring I think it might lead to some major plot point for later.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:23 am

Super isnt ending with a cliffhanger. This is the same thing people were saying with RoF movie when they saw earth explode in the trailer. Oh, it will end with a cliffhanger. Super will end with u7 winning, then they will skip to EoZ with the last ep. It is predictable people. ToP is about great fights and surpassing the GoD level. Since super is ending, they will wrap it up.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:07 am

First off, I don't think we'll see Vegito again, Toriyama doesn't like to do the same thing twice, so I doubt it, we'll probably get Vegeta and Toppo losing, maybe 17 manages to survive but Jiren will probably throw him out the ring if Toppo doesn't and we'll see Goku mastering UI's attack and having a good fight with Jiren. Then it's either U7 or U11 winning. The question is what will the wish be? There are a lot of options, so that's the real question and if they decide to make the universes come back then after all the fights Zeno will probably say 'Yeah, let's do it!'.

And maybe there's no wish at all, lol. If Zeno destroyed U6 then that includes the Super Dragon Balls which Champa collected again, right? :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:18 am

It depends, if the cliffhanger actually tease something for the future, I'll be eager to see what's next. If it's just an extra scene not teasing, not showing anything interesting, then I'll mostl ikely ignore it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:11 pm

desu wrote:First off, I don't think we'll see Vegito again, Toriyama doesn't like to do the same thing twice, so I doubt it, we'll probably get Vegeta and Toppo losing, maybe 17 manages to survive but Jiren will probably throw him out the ring if Toppo doesn't and we'll see Goku mastering UI's attack and having a good fight with Jiren. Then it's either U7 or U11 winning. The question is what will the wish be? There are a lot of options, so that's the real question and if they decide to make the universes come back then after all the fights Zeno will probably say 'Yeah, let's do it!'.

And maybe there's no wish at all, lol. If Zeno destroyed U6 then that includes the Super Dragon Balls which Champa collected again, right? :lol:
The Grand Priest took the Super Dragon Balls for safekeeping before the tournament started, so they're fine.

Vegito reappearing in Super was Toyotaro's idea but either way I doubt we'd see him again and he wouldn't win if he did. Fusions never do outside Fusion Reborn.

UI Goku is the 'new hotness' right now so that will likely be our big finale. :P