What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: What do u want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Promotional poster for mastered UI Goku March IBK figure:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Aura is the same however it looks to imply that the hair maybe fully silver (it suspiciously only shows the tips of the hair which looks silver). Also Goku seems to be giving off gas/actual heat this time?

Btw odds of getting the figure are higher than expected 2.81% as opposed to 1.4% as I was expecting. Each participating shop will carry 71 prizes for the IBK but each shop will carry only 2 UI Goku's.
There’s a subtle difference in aura, as it’s a more vibrant blue (like the beginning of this video) rather than the mixes of blue and purple we saw earlier.
I am thinking what if the hair is primarily silver but with blue tips/highlights?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Aura is the same however it looks to imply that the hair maybe fully silver (it suspiciously only shows the tips of the hair which looks silver). Also Goku seems to be giving off gas/actual heat this time?

Btw odds of getting the figure are higher than expected 2.81% as opposed to 1.4% as I was expecting. Each participating shop will carry 71 prizes for the IBK but each shop will carry only 2 UI Goku's.
There’s a subtle difference in aura, as it’s a more vibrant blue (like the beginning of this video) rather than the mixes of blue and purple we saw earlier.
I am thinking what if the hair is primarily silver but with blue tips/highlights?
Doubt there will be any hair color change, but anything could happen.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: There’s a subtle difference in aura, as it’s a more vibrant blue (like the beginning of this video) rather than the mixes of blue and purple we saw earlier.
There 100% will be a hair colour change (unless the aura change is so significant that it looks like the hair has changed colour).

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperCyan2 wrote:Wait, another transformation? Hard to keep track of it.

Toei has definitely gone overboard with it.
It's not another form, what we saw in #110 & 116 was not Ultra Instinct.
That's such a great way to put it. Thank you: )

What we saw in episodes 110 and 116 is like the "false super Saiyan" of UI.

When Goku hits perfect UI that will be the real form and transformation.

I also have to agree even more so that the whole thing about Omen UI being a prelude - and all the build up and speculation around it all has been so incredible.

When Goku finally transforms into true perfect UI, I hope it's just as amazing if not more amazing then the first time Goku hit SS1 on Namek.

If you read the spoilers, it says that Goku's eyes will start flashing silver. That already has me so hyped. When Goku was transforming into SSJ for the first time it started with his eyes flashing blue (and his hair flashing yellow)

I really think Toriyama and Toei are going to hit out of the park. I'm so hyped for episode 129 and 130 now. Son Goku baby.

I think UI perfect Goku is going to tool Jiren.

Jiren may far surpass the gods but UI is some angle level strength. UI perfect Goku will be approaching the lower tier of angels IMO....

Plus when you factor in Goku's superior fight intelligence and martial arts mastery I don't see how Jiren stands a chance against Goku

It would be so awesome if the usually cocky arrogant Jiren was brought to his knees by UI Perfect Goku

Imagine UI perfect Goku humbling Jiren

It would be like SSJ Goku being the first one to ever humble Frieza.

What if it's Jiren who's desperate and on the ropes against UI perfect Goku?

Let's go Son Goku !!!
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That would look pretty awesome.

I also hope it stays with the red and blue aura together . I also hope the hair is spikier

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 pm

I'd like to see a visual change. Either his hair turns Silver or he gets that red aura on top of his blue one which was in the earliest posters.

Or both.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 pm

There is a, "simple," answer to all of this. Subtlety is not gokus strong suit!

This is goku's strong suit!

And this is goku's strong suit!

And this is goku's strong suit!

To think though, after how many episodes since the original dragon ball, the only storyline to goku, besides his kids, is roshi's training method... Even his wife is barely touched on.. And you can take that how you like it! >< (In fact that is the entirety of the storyline to goku's wife.)

BTW, where are his kids?!

Edit: I should probably say, "This is all it is going to be!"
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 am

Previews world description of UI Goku:

"From Banpresto. From the hit anime series Dragon Ball Super, comes a special release DXF figure of the Super Warriors collection featuring the most amazing form of Goku the series has ever seen! In the last moment of a desperate heroic attempt to save his universe, when all seemed lost, the ultimate spirit of battle and survival awoken in our hero to reveal a power level that even the gods fear. Behold Ultra Instinct Goku! Set to his signature Kamehameha blast attack, this figure will definitely be the must have collectible for all Dragon Ball figure fans. This figure stands in scale with all other figures from the Super Warriors collection at 7" tall. Minor assembly required. Figure base included."
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT178593

Varoq's BWFC SP UI Goku had no reveal with the rest of the June figures not even a silhouette, UDM #30 coloured version revealed no UI Goku reveal though... they are really f**king hiding this, I am so antsy! Gahhhhh.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 pm

How strange they would keep us in the dark about his appearance if he's just supposed to look exactly like what we have seen so far, but just shirtless :think:
Maybe we'll finally get Goku with white hair or "Goku Blanco." I can imagine the backlash already :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maaaaan they're being so coy with mastered UI it's unreal Varoq's BWFC SP figure didn't get revealed with the June prototypes not even a silhouette. I'm expecting mastered UI to look really amazing at this point.

Oh and I watched #116 again and at the end the narrator flat out said "will Goku attain Ultra Instinct?" he didn't use the word again so pretty much vonfirmation that UI "Omen" was basically a half form. And in "Omen" his eyes were silver despite his hair being black so I predict UI will have proper silver hair makes the most sense.

I absolutely love the idea of a "prelude" form though, it allows them to subtlety tease it and give somesort of build up for the form.
I just replied to you in the Animation thread, but reading through your reasons I actually like the idea that the Omen form looks different from the mastered one, but we got designs for shirtless UI Goku and he looked exactly the same... We will definitely know if there will be a change for the mastered UI in the next episode, I think.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Previews world description of UI Goku:

"From Banpresto. From the hit anime series Dragon Ball Super, comes a special release DXF figure of the Super Warriors collection featuring the most amazing form of Goku the series has ever seen! In the last moment of a desperate heroic attempt to save his universe, when all seemed lost, the ultimate spirit of battle and survival awoken in our hero to reveal a power level that even the gods fear. Behold Ultra Instinct Goku! Set to his signature Kamehameha blast attack, this figure will definitely be the must have collectible for all Dragon Ball figure fans. This figure stands in scale with all other figures from the Super Warriors collection at 7" tall. Minor assembly required. Figure base included."

Varoq's BWFC SP UI Goku had no reveal with the rest of the June figures not even a silhouette, UDM #30 coloured version revealed no UI Goku reveal though... they are really f**king hiding this, I am so antsy! Gahhhhh.
I'm surprised that they are hiding what looks like. I wonder if it will look different or the same. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am thinking what if the hair is primarily silver but with blue tips/highlights?
It seems weird they'd hide this design and also market the previous one as just "Omen" if physically they're identical. Most figures don't even include aura, and this is an universal label, not just used by action figures that include auras, or that previously had a Goku with his undershirt on.
emperior wrote:I just replied to you in the Animation thread, but reading through your reasons I actually like the idea that the Omen form looks different from the mastered one, but we got designs for shirtless UI Goku and he looked exactly the same... We will definitely know if there will be a change for the mastered UI in the next episode, I think.
Shirtless UI Goku from Heroes was called "Omen" too though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAEz_ujwVgA

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Here is a better image for the May IBK:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

A Prize Hair looks identical so looks like it will be just a colour change, which makes sense. But yeah the last one prize there is being treated as a different version to the blanked out Prize A, it is literally labelled as "○ラストワン賞 孫悟空 フィギュア ラストワンver." in JPN.

Sucks that there is literally nothing for Vegeta's new form yet though and we have schedules up until early Sept, meanwhile Goku will be getting both UI and "Omen" merch...

Starscreacher

Post by Starscreacher » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

dbgtFO wrote:How strange they would keep us in the dark about his appearance if he's just supposed to look exactly like what we have seen so far, but just shirtless :think:
Maybe we'll finally get Goku with white hair or "Goku Blanco." I can imagine the backlash already :lol:
Goku Blanco vs El Hermano?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 am

When episode 128 ends I really hope they dont spoil Goku's UI perfect transformation(and look) in the preview for episode 129. Keep it a secret until it airs.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:When episode 128 ends I really hope they dont spoil Goku's UI perfect transformation(and look) in the preview for episode 129. Keep it a secret until it airs.
Same. They've done all this hard work to prevent it leaking would be a shame of they spoiled it like that.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:37 am

I hope we get Goku finally figuring out how to go into it of his own free will. The last thing I want is for Jiren to just beat him up until he activates it again.

Given how much he's been pushing himself the past few episodes, I thought wouldn't it be cool if he basically started pushing his Kaioken further and further until it became too much and caused him to fully break his limits. It would be this epic last ditch move. Plus, that could be a catalyst for the fiery aura from the poster, implying his body is basically burning up.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Previews world description of UI Goku:

Just reading the description gives me chills. This part especially

"In the last moment of a desperate heroic attempt to save his universe, when all seemed lost, the ultimate spirit of battle and survival awoken in our hero to reveal a power level that even the gods fear. Behold Ultra Instinct Goku! Set to his signature Kamehameha blast attack,"

I can't wait. I'm all over this figure

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: What do u want from Goku's upcoming teased UI Omen transformation?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Matered isn't a new form. It doesn't even make sense to call something "mastered" - new. It's Goku using UI at full potential.
Goku using UI at full potential=new form for Goku. Plain and simple
What? Lol, Thats like saying Goku using SSJ at full potential equals a new form. Mastered UI isn’t a “new form”. Its more like a fully unlocked version of an already achieved form
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:20 am

I really don't want Toei/Toriyama to go overboard with the design of Mastered UI. I really liked how simple the design of UI was with everything more or less the same as Goku's base form except the silver eyes and the beautiful aura.

I hope Mastered UI is just the same with the additional red aura and spikier hair like in the promo art to siginify that Goku has mastered the "offensive" side of Ultra Instinct. No silver hair for me.