What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: What do u want from Goku's upcoming teased UI Omen transformation?

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am

The Ultra Instinct getting multiple "forms" just doesn't make much sense. Maybe if the show was still gonna continue past March, we'd get an actual next-level form.

But now? We've barely been introduced to the Ultra Instinct as is, and to introduce another form so soon doesn't seem to be in-line with where the narrative is going.

More than likely, Ultra Instinct will be mastered, and that's it. People have to remember that the first Super Saiyan form itself doesn't always look the same; it's dependent on how mastered it is and how much power one is currently outputting at the time.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 am

No new form, it’s the same Ultra Instinct but Mastered and with the possibility of having a red aura.

Usually, I would like a Mastered form to absolutely dominate the opponent in battle, but since the opponent is jiren, it’s going to be an even fight. So my expectations is just for the fight to be amazingly animated and for feats to not be underwhelming

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:No new form, it’s the same Ultra Instinct but Mastered and with the possibility of having a red aura.

Usually, I would like a Mastered form to absolutely dominate the opponent in battle, but since the opponent is jiren, it’s going to be an even fight. So my expectations is just for the fight to be amazingly animated and for feats to not be underwhelming
Lets please stop. Mastered UI is the new form. It would be like saying SS2 isnt a new form, its just mastered SS

As for the "power scaling"

Remember Goku gaining UI for the first time ever was just a begginer, and yet he still was a big enough threat to make Jiren power up to his red aura

Think back to how that first fight against Jiren (in UI) actually ended

As Goku more started to get the hang of UI, he was growing in strength - the more he attacked Jiren the stronger he grew, and suddenly he let out a fierce roar as he knee'd Jiren and then smacked Jiren back down to the ground. This threat made Jiren POWER UP. Goku's UI simply ran out before Goku could follow up

Super has been showing - and forshadowing, that the more Goku fights Jiren the more Goku pushes himself and the stronger Goku gets - the more Goku attains UI, the stronger Goku gets

TOPPO himself EVEN WARNED Jiren

"Son Goku continues to grow stronger"

...Toppo knows about Jiren's full power yet when Toppo saw Goku get UI for the 2nd time, Toppo felt strongly enough to.still warn Jiren of Goku....Thats very telling....Every time Goku gets UI he gets significantly stronger "Be careful Jiren. You shouldve finished Goku when you had the chance"

Again

Super (this arc) has been about Goku breaking through his shell, and everything has clearly been forshadowing Goku pushing himself to his limits and surpassing Jiren

Goku defeating Jiren 1 v 1 is the best way Super can end - and the most logical, narratively i.s this last arc has been about Goku pushing himself and surpassing his limits, that he himself didnt even think was possible

The legendgary Son Goku!

When Goku transforms to his perfected UI form, its gonna be amazing. Goku will be on another level

I think perfected UI Goku will be approaching the lower end of the angels (Jiren already far surpasses a god)

Keep in mind that even at worst, if UI perfected Goku matches full power Jiren (or is slightly weaker) Goku's superior Fight IQ and martial arts mastery will push Goku far above Jiren and allow Goku to outclass Jiren.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The Ultra Instinct getting multiple "forms" just doesn't make much sense.
Thats exactly what it is. Read the great posts/breakdowns from baggie

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:02 am

Matered isn't a new form. It doesn't even make sense to call something "mastered" - new. It's Goku using UI at full potential.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:07 am

mute_proxy wrote:Matered isn't a new form. It doesn't even make sense to call something "mastered" - new. It's Goku using UI at full potential.
Goku using UI at full potential=new form for Goku. Plain and simple
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am

We're not talking about SS2. SS2 isn't a mastered anything, it's another level. Mastered UI doesn't have a new look, it might have a different aura, but that is yet unconfirmed and just promotional material, a poster. And check your passive aggressive attitude, you're not in school with friends.
Last edited by mute_proxy on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

There's really no difference except the artists drawing Ui.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:21 am

mute_proxy wrote:We're not talking about SS2. SS2 isn't a mastered anything, it's another level. And check your attitude, you're not in school with friends.
Whats your issue? Very uncalled for post. You check yourself because that type of agressive backhanded post is certainly warned against in the guidlines

Relax.

There are even greater differences between UI Omen perfected Goku and begginers UI Goku, then there ever was between SS and SSJ2. Let that sink in

Really think about this for a moment

UI perfected Goku LOOKS DIFFERENT. Its LABLED DIFFERENT. It gives Goku the BOOSTS of a tranaformation, yet for some reason "bu but not a tranaformation"...then what is it. It has all the properties of a transformation yet for some reason people are dping everything they can to deny its a transformation. Its insanely odd whats going on

And whats even worse is that this thread is about what you want to see from it, yet its being derailed with this "but not a transformation"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: UI perfected Goku LOOKS DIFFERENT. Its LABLED DIFFERENT. It gives Goku the BOOSTS of a tranaformation, yet for some reason "bu but not a tranaformation"...then what is it. It has all the properties of a transformation yet for some reason people are dping everything they can to deny its a transformation. Its insanely odd whats going on
He doesnt look different because we don't know how he'll look, the promo poster is not confirmed to be anything more than a promo poster, there is no label, just an episode title "Mastering of Ultra Instinct", which isn't a title, it's an action. Mastering is achieving better use of something. And talking about attitudes, you are literally demeaning everyone you reply to, this will lead to a ban sooner than later.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:30 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:We're not talking about SS2. SS2 isn't a mastered anything, it's another level. And check your attitude, you're not in school with friends.
Whats your issue? Very uncalled for post. You check yourself because that type of agressive backhanded post is certainly warned against in the guidlines

Relax.

There are even greater differences between UI Omen perfected Goku and begginers UI Goku, then there ever was between SS and SSJ2. Let that sink in

Really think about this for a moment

UI perfected Goku LOOKS DIFFERENT. Its LABLED DIFFERENT. It gives Goku the BOOSTS of a tranaformation, yet for some reason "bu but not a tranaformation"...then what is it. It has all the properties of a transformation yet for some reason people are dping everything they can to deny its a transformation. Its insanely odd whats going on

And whats even worse is that this thread is about what you want to see from it, yet its being derailed with this "but not a transformation" non sense
Dude, give it up. Just accept you are wrong and move on. This is just like when ssj was perfect in the cell saga. Not a new form, just perfection.
And btw, The person you responded to did not break any guidelines, he was simply saying for you to tone yourself down. And yes, you need to watch your attitude, you are the one coming of as rude here.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Btw, the title for eposide 129 was just revealed....and I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED...I told you guys....I told you I was going to come back here when the eposide aired and I was proven right. Except I was proven right much earlier thanks to eposide spoilers.

Its best I put you on ignore. You keep derailing this thread.
With the way you're posting (antagonistic attitude/behavior, endless series of quotes and multiple posts in a row, etc.), you're really in no position to be passing judgement on other community members.

You have already been issued a previous account strike; consider this a final free warning before further strikes are issued.

All would do well to review the guidelines that you agreed to (twice) prior to registration. Account strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:33 am

I still think it's going to be the very same transformation, not different at all, not another transformation, not another level, no nothing. Brace yourself for a disappointment :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 am

Saturnine wrote:I still think it's going to be the very same transformation, not different at all, not another transformation, not another level, no nothing. Brace yourself for a disappointment :lol:
I don't know, I don't find Ultra Instinct disappointing at all.

As long as we see some spectacular things done with this power, I'll be fine.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The Ultra Instinct getting multiple "forms" just doesn't make much sense. Maybe if the show was still gonna continue past March, we'd get an actual next-level form.

But now? We've barely been introduced to the Ultra Instinct as is, and to introduce another form so soon doesn't seem to be in-line with where the narrative is going.

More than likely, Ultra Instinct will be mastered, and that's it. People have to remember that the first Super Saiyan form itself doesn't always look the same; it's dependent on how mastered it is and how much power one is currently outputting at the time.
The point at least the one I am making is that mastered UI will look different to the one we've been introduced to aka UI "Omen", as we know in that state Goku hasn't mastered UI, so I predict once he does his hair will change colour or get some other distinguishable feature other than aura to signify this is mastered. I feel like UI "Omen" is basically a prelude to the real mastered one, so a half form I guess.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The point at least the one I am making is that mastered UI will look different to the one we've been introduced to aka UI "Omen", as we know in that state Goku hasn't mastered UI, so I predict once he does his hair will change colour or get some other distinguishable feature other than aura to signify this is mastered. I feel like UI "Omen" is basically a prelude to the real mastered one, so a half form I guess.
Isn't the thing that he hasn't mastered the technique of moving without thinking, not the shell breaking form itself? I don't think his look will change at all, if not just the aura.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The point at least the one I am making is that mastered UI will look different to the one we've been introduced to aka UI "Omen", as we know in that state Goku hasn't mastered UI, so I predict once he does his hair will change colour or get some other distinguishable feature other than aura to signify this is mastered. I feel like UI "Omen" is basically a prelude to the real mastered one, so a half form I guess.
Isn't the thing that he hasn't mastered the technique of moving without thinking, not the shell breaking form itself? I don't think his look will change at all, if not just the aura.
Both really. He hasn't mastered shell breaking since he can't do it freely and he can't hit without not thinking only dodge without thinking.

A simple aura change doesn't explain the secrecy behind mastered UI which is why I think it'll be something more distinguishable.

Edit- Though I suppose if the aura is strong enough it could look like his hair has changed colour.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Is mastered ssj a new form? is mastered ssj blue a new form? Nope. They are same forms just perfected. That is what mastered UI is. He can dodge and attack perfectly. Goku had the dodge part well, he lacked in the attack because he was thinking when attacking.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Once Goku masters the form we know as "Ultra Instinct" it most likely will not be continued to be labeled as "omen" or "sign" since that indicates that the form is not yet mastered. So in theory Goku's form should go from being named 身勝手の極意"兆" to just plain old, 身勝手の極意. The word 兆し or 兆 represents an indication of something since Goku is showing "symptoms" or an "indication" of this new form. Now that he has presumably mastered the form, it will probably be referred to with the same name, just without the added suffix of 兆. To me, this does not represent a completely new form for Goku but simply a thorough understanding of the power that his new form encapsulates. Therefore it does not make any sense to ask us what we "want from Goku's upcoming teased UI Omen transformation" because at that point it will not be referred to as "omen" anymore.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Btw, the title for eposide 129 was just revealed....and I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED...I told you guys....I told you I was going to come back here when the eposide aired and I was proven right. Except I was proven right much earlier thanks to eposide spoilers.

Its best I put you on ignore. You keep derailing this thread.
With the way you're posting (antagonistic attitude/behavior, endless series of quotes and multiple posts in a row, etc.), you're really in no position to be passing judgement on other community members.

You have already been issued a previous account strike; consider this a final free warning before further strikes are issued.

All would do well to review the guidelines that you agreed to (twice) prior to registration. Account strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website.
Who am I passing judgment on? How am I being antagonistic? Look at the people in this thread who stood on topic who I have responded to. I'm very easy going. I made a thread asking people what they wanted to see from it, and instead my thread was derailed. How would you have liked that in a tbread you made? I'm sure thread derailing is against the guidelines too, but of course I'm the only being targeted. What about the people telling me "nope youre wrong" or being overly agressive with me. Wheres their warming. From the start you have had something against me. Obviously it's because I fall on the other spectrum of your opinions and don't like the characters you like. Your screen name makes that obvious. That's fine. We are entitled to our opinions. All I did in this thread was try to back up my opinions and prove my points. I'm simply saying that K can't wait for that episode to air. Because I know I will be proven right. That's all. I'm definenrly going to make a video about this on youtube.. or maybe not, because I don't want to give any shout outs to my much larger audience. I will simply stop posting in this thread then.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.