What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Grimlock wrote:It's not another form, it's just a mastered version of what was seen before. Only that this time people who manage Dragon Ball think that recoloring hair is "coOooOoOoll", so that's why they changed from black to silver. It's nothing different from Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Fourth Grade/Mastered Super Saiyan.
Well, actually lots of people argue that Grade 4 SSj isn't better at anything except stamina conservation (which I think is false). This silver-haired form is definitely going to be a big power improvement over "Sign" I think.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:It's not another form, it's just a mastered version of what was seen before. Only that this time people who manage Dragon Ball think that recoloring hair is "coOooOoOoll", so that's why they changed from black to silver. It's nothing different from Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Fourth Grade/Mastered Super Saiyan.
Some people can never admit they were wrong no matter what. It's amusing actually.

When I was told I was misusing the Omen monkier I had no problem admitting I was wrong and re-named the thread title.

Even in the face of mastered UI being revealed as Goku's most powerful form and all the facts that have come out, you still try to claim other wise. Wow is all I can say I guess
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Saturnine wrote:Well looks like he was right about there being another form. Huzzah.
I don't deserve any special credit.

If you were actually paying attention to all the hints and foreshadowing it was obvious to see from the start.

I won't even get into why some of the people in this thread were being so assholish toward me and arguing with such vitriol. I never understood that. But thats in the past. Once that died down and we started actually discussing, this thread turned out really cool with lots of new information that was posted. Thanks again Baggie: )

Lets get back on topic and discuss the actual new form

I personally LOVE IT.

I think it's going to look amazing when animated. So hyped.

Give your thoughts my friend : )

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

The clues were there since as early as August starting with the reveal of "Omen" only talking about his silver eyes, nothing about the hair. Then #116 when it was flat out said "Omen" wasn't Ultra Instinct and then all the suspicious blankings of UI Goku merch and figures to point none were even shown off at any prize fairs. Then the fact anytime UI was shown out of anime it was labelled specifically as UI "Omen". Fans can't blame Toei for "tricking them" at all.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The clues were there since as early as August starting with the reveal of "Omen" only talking about his silver eyes, nothing about the hair. Then #116 when it was flat out said "Omen" wasn't Ultra Instinct and then all the suspicious blankings of UI Goku merch and figures to point none were even shown off at any prize fairs. Then the fact anytime UI was shown out of anime it was labelled specifically as UI "Omen". Fans can't blame Toei for "tricking them" at all.
I'm not surprised at all. It was fairly obvious there was more to Ultra Instinct from the beginning from Whis's unsure tone about how Goku was using it. I didn't expect a dramatic visual change from "Omen" to "Mastered" but I think the silver hair is a nice touch and the obvious next step now that we've seen it.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:As the thread title asks. What do you guys want from it? I'll go first

I really hope they make Goku's UI Omen transformation (shirtless UI Goku) the most epic thing ever (before Super sadly ends).

I want it to be a greater more epic moment then when Goku went SS for the first time on Namek.

Once that "something awful" happens to Goku, that the promo material teased that would drive Goku to transform, I want Goku to just loose it and start powering up with every fiber of his being like his first SSJ transformation on Namek. I want to see Goku just powering up for several minutes. Really build it up and nail it.

I want Goku's UI Omen transformation to change the environment more then Toppo did episode 125.

I want Goku's UI Omen transformation to scare all the gods out of their minds.

I want there to be a new epic musical theme for Goku's UI Omen transformation that's melodic but sounds almost sinister too, like, "this is what we have all been waiting to see and now it's here, Goku ain't playing around no more and is here to take names."

I want the music playing to also have a feeling of triumph, like Goku finally did it. UI Omen Goku is here and despite the overwhelming odds he's going to take on Jiren head on, and rise to the occasion.

I really hope Toriyama and Toei nail it. It has to be one of the most important things left in Super. Everyone wants shirtless UI Goku vs Jiren. To end Super on the highest note possible they need to NAIL Goku's ominously forshadowed UI Omen transformation, and they need to NAIL UI Omen Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1 for all the marbles. I'm hoping for all the best!

Legendary Son Goku coming out on top and over coming the odds all on his own, like Goku did against Frieza on Namek. Goku has a habit of surprising and over coming the odds: )

Can I just say that I fucking DEEEEEEEEEEEPLY apologize. Cause damn, it’s hard to admit it, but you were somewhat right :lol:

Tho the only difference is just color, still, it’s something.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 pm

sintzu wrote:This is Goku's new form and it'll be his last fight so I want him to go all out and completely shine and by shine I mean kick Jiren's ass.

That’s not how a final battle should be. The battle should be immense for both sides (which potentially will be).

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:As the thread title asks. What do you guys want from it? I'll go first

I really hope they make Goku's UI Omen transformation (shirtless UI Goku) the most epic thing ever (before Super sadly ends).

I want it to be a greater more epic moment then when Goku went SS for the first time on Namek.

Once that "something awful" happens to Goku, that the promo material teased that would drive Goku to transform, I want Goku to just loose it and start powering up with every fiber of his being like his first SSJ transformation on Namek. I want to see Goku just powering up for several minutes. Really build it up and nail it.

I want Goku's UI Omen transformation to change the environment more then Toppo did episode 125.

I want there to be a new epic musical theme for Goku's UI Omen transformation that's melodic but sounds almost sinister too, like, "this is what we have all been waiting to see and now it's here, Goku ain't playing around no more and is here to take names."

I want the music playing to also have a feeling of triumph, like Goku finally did it. UI Omen Goku is here and despite the overwhelming odds he's going to take on Jiren head on, and rise to the occasion.

I really hope Toriyama and Toei nail it. It has to be one of the most important things left in Super. Everyone wants shirtless UI Goku vs Jiren. To end Super on the highest note possible they need to NAIL Goku's ominously forshadowed UI Omen transformation, and they need to NAIL UI Omen Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1 for all the marbles. I'm hoping for all the best!

Legendary Son Goku coming out on top and over coming the odds all on his own, like Goku did against Frieza on Namek. Goku has a habit of surprising and over coming the odds: )

Can I just say that I fucking DEEEEEEEEEEEPLY apologize. Cause damn, it’s hard to admit it, but you were somewhat right :lol:

It's actually a full on new form.

The description for it in Vjump was "Son Goku's most powerful form yet" : )

Think of Omen as like false super Saiyan

But regardless, thank you for that. Much respect. And no worries.

Happy to finally see it. I'm so pumped.

What do you think about it? I think it looks awesome.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

It's actually a full on new form.

The description for it in Vjump was "Son Goku's most powerful form yet" : )

Think of Omen as like false super Saiyan

But regardless, thank you for that. Much respect. And no worries.

Happy to finally see it. I'm so pumped.

What do you think about it? I think it looks awesome.
No hard feeling, but we can both admit we were assholes. You were being an ass to the others, just like they were to you. This kinda thing happens in db quite often

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
sintzu wrote:This is Goku's new form and it'll be his last fight so I want him to go all out and completely shine and by shine I mean kick Jiren's ass.

That’s not how a final battle should be. The battle should be immense for both sides (which potentially will be).
I don't want it to be a complete one sided fight but Goku should be in control for most of it as Jiren has been kicking everyone's behind form the very start so it's about time someone did it to him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:00 am

sintzu wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

I don't want it to be a complete one sided fight but Goku should be in control for most of it as Jiren has been kicking everyone's behind form the very start so it's about time someone did it to him.
The best battles are the ones that you dont know the outcome to when seeing it. And freeza is still there. I doubt both goku and freeza will remain and jiren stays. It probably is that both get knocked out, and freeza remains, this winning the tournament.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am

sintzu wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Fully agreed.

And seeing mastered UI Goku at least humbling Jiren would be amazing.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Well looks like he was right about there being another form. Huzzah.

If you were actually paying attention to all the hints and foreshadowing it was obvious to see from the start.

I won't even get into why some of the people in this thread were being so assholish toward me and arguing with such vitriol. I never understood that. But thats in the past. Once that died down and we started actually discussing, this thread turned out really cool with lots of new information that was posted. Thanks again Baggie: )

I personally LOVE IT.

You deserve props for being civil and not letting others change your opinion. I have huge respect for you.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am

majinwarman wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

I personally LOVE IT.

You deserve props for being civil and not letting others change your opinion. I have huge respect for you.
Thank you my brother. I really appreciate that

Thank you for all the great discussion on your end and contributions you made to the thread as well

Son Goku baby! Didn't his new form look amazing in the NEP?

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:09 am

I'm actually kind of disappointed that UI is a transformation to begin with. I always liked the idea of it being a skill and mastering it meant becoming a better martial artist. How does MUI going to make sense going forth? I liked that he originally looked like he was in his base form accept his hair was slightly standing and eyes slightly changed showing that he was more aware as if his eyes were wide open and the hair representing the idea that the hair on your arms and back of your neck stand when you sense danger. UI was supposed to be becoming a master martial arts but now it's a freaking transformation..what?! Seriously what?? How does that work and how does a transformation make any sense here? Does Goku transform his senses??? LOL what? "My senses transformed so that now I can intuitively dodge and land precise critical blows instantly." He has to transform to reach a state of mind? Now this stupid form is just going to be a "what do you think the multiplier is" fap fest instead of an appreciation of Goku's dedication to martial arts, which it can't be considered now that he has to be in a form now to use it. Unless from now on Goku will always have white hair and this form will be considered his base, I'm very disappointed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:I'm actually kind of disappointed that UI is a transformation to begin with. I always liked the idea of it being a skill and mastering it meant becoming a better martial artist. How does MUI going to make sense going forth? I liked that he originally looked like he was in his base form accept his hair was slightly standing and eyes slightly changed showing that he was more aware as if his eyes were wide open and the hair representing the idea that the hair on your arms and back of your neck stand when you sense danger. UI was supposed to be becoming a master martial arts but now it's a freaking transformation..what?! Seriously what?? How does that work and how does a transformation make any sense here? Does Goku transform his senses??? LOL what? "My senses transformed so that now I can intuitively dodge and land precise critical blows instantly." He has to transform to reach a state of mind? Now this stupid form is just going to be a "what do you think the multiplier is" fap fest instead of an appreciation of Goku's dedication to martial arts, which it can't be considered now that he has to be in a form now to use it. Unless from now on Goku will always have white hair and this form will be considered his base, I'm very disappointed.
UI Omen was always called a form even when it was first revealed in June. Fans just ignored this and went with their headcanon.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Brettjr25 wrote:I'm actually kind of disappointed that UI is a transformation to begin with. I always liked the idea of it being a skill and mastering it meant becoming a better martial artist. How does MUI going to make sense going forth? I liked that he originally looked like he was in his base form accept his hair was slightly standing and eyes slightly changed showing that he was more aware as if his eyes were wide open and the hair representing the idea that the hair on your arms and back of your neck stand when you sense danger. UI was supposed to be becoming a master martial arts but now it's a freaking transformation..what?! Seriously what?? How does that work and how does a transformation make any sense here? Does Goku transform his senses??? LOL what? "My senses transformed so that now I can intuitively dodge and land precise critical blows instantly." He has to transform to reach a state of mind? Now this stupid form is just going to be a "what do you think the multiplier is" fap fest instead of an appreciation of Goku's dedication to martial arts, which it can't be considered now that he has to be in a form now to use it. Unless from now on Goku will always have white hair and this form will be considered his base, I'm very disappointed.
UI Omen was always called a form even when it was first revealed in June. Fans just ignored this and went with their headcanon.
How is it headcanon if its exactly what Whis said and what Vegeta referenced when he used UI against Kefla huh? Or is it more convenient for you to ignore that and everything else about it? Transformation can imply other things besides hair changing crap like the unmastered version was; Goku more calm, breaking his limits and body acting on his own. Mastering it seemed to imply being able to use it at free will which makes more sense than having to powerup to use. But go ahead and run around on the forums repeating the same thing cause you wanted a new hair color.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Brettjr25 wrote: How is it headcanon if its exactly what Whis said and what Vegeta referenced when he used UI against Kefla huh? Or is it more convenient for you to ignore that and everything else about it? Transformation can imply other things besides hair changing crap like the unmastered version was; Goku more calm, breaking his limits and body acting on his own. Mastering it seemed to imply being able to use it at free will which makes more sense than having to powerup to use. But go ahead and run around on the forums repeating the same thing cause you wanted a new hair color.
In all promotions leading up to 109, it was outright said that Goku was getting a new form. When UI was revealed, UI Omen was called a transformation in everything. It was never presented as just a technique for Goku. Even Omen, Goku went through a physical changed that people noted, namely his eyes changed, so even in-univese it was a transformation.

And who said I wanted a new hair color? I personally prefer the look of Omen, but I'm not butt hurt about silver. So I suggest you learn a little more about the person you're posting about before you make broad assumptions about their likes or dislikes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Exactly 100% this

Thank you

It boggels my mind how much some will just complain (and or yell out "flaw") and yet they aren't even being factual/ignoring what was actually said or implied/running with their own head canon. This sadly happens way too much.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Well no.. it's still Ultra Instinct.