What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 am

Wow! Did they just spoil Goku’s mastered UI state in this image if you take a close up look!?

He seems to have SILVER hair!!!!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 am

I hope no.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am

Quality of the card is not helping, also, I should say that these icons have been wrong before (like, a color was wrong or the hair was not the way it was supposed to be). We should wait, Heroes says we're gonna have a little bit more information in about three days.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 am

Silver made sense from the start. I remember when they revealed "Omen" way back then I was like the final version has to be silver.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Silver made sense from the start. I remember when they revealed "Omen" way back then I was like the final version has to be silver.
What's the logic behind it having to be silver? What's the relation between "Omen" and silver?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:14 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Silver made sense from the start. I remember when they revealed "Omen" way back then I was like the final version has to be silver.
What's the logic behind it having to be silver? What's the relation between "Omen" and silver?
It's the silver eyes and "silver hair tips".

I personally never saw the connection, and STILL don't.

We got our white-haired Super Saiyan with Merged Zamasu, and I think it's about time that we stop with the transformations. Not to mention that silver-on-silver just looks a bit contrived to me.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
It's the silver eyes and "silver hair tips".

I personally never saw the connection, and STILL don't.

We got our white-haired Super Saiyan with Merged Zamasu, and I think it's about time that we stop with the transformations. Not to mention that silver-on-silver just looks a bit contrived to me.
Having the hair get highlighted by silver would probably work better if we didn't already have white highlights for the hair as the standard now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm

You know what I'd want?

A silver AURA. That's right, a bright, shiny aura of silver that illuminates the mastered state of Ultra Instinct. Like his eyes, even Goku's aura enters a zen-like state of absolute mastery over the body.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
The eyes being silver in "Omen" despite his eyebrows and hair remaining primarily back, and in the initial reveal in vjump if I remember correctly they commented only on his expression and silver eyes nothing about the hair which got me thinking it probably wasn't the final version and the hair will probably be silver to match.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm a bit worried about the potential silver hair. It's a fine line between Goku just looking like an old dude with gray hair and having actually silver hair. They need to get the coloring consistently right and not repeat Blue, a form that looks great when colored correctly but often strayed into this butt ugly greenish color.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Agreed. Silver's not my first choice (I think unless it's done in contrast to a characters appeared age it risks making them look older than they are) so I hope it stays closer to white silver than grey. More Inuyasha, less grandpa. I'm hoping he keeps the hairstyle of unfinished UI though.

With only 4 episodes left I have mixed feelings about everything.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Artorias wrote:I'm a bit worried about the potential silver hair. It's a fine line between Goku just looking like an old dude with gray hair and having actually silver hair. They need to get the coloring consistently right and not repeat Blue, a form that looks great when colored correctly but often strayed into this butt ugly greenish color.
Or Golden Frieza who spent a lot of the RoF arc looking like melted cheese because he didn't have the proper shine effects. It's hard to judge from such a small thumbnail but it looks like a metallic grey color to me. The shading effects are different from the normal UI Goku's thumbnail on his own card. They've consistently made Golden Frieza look good this arc so I'm not too worried about that if it is silver.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Wow! Did they just spoil Goku’s mastered UI state in this image if you take a close up look!?

He seems to have SILVER hair!!!!

That's definenelty it.

Kind of disappointed that they didnt just wait until episode 129 for the reveal.

Like Baggie said they did such a great job of keeping it all a secret. Why now?

All though, it still is a small picture that's kind of hard to make out and get the full feel for.

I bet when mastered UI Goku is revealed in all his full glory, it will look awesome, especially being animated.

Also we still don't know the change they will do to Goku's aura while Goku is in mastered UI

I really hope animated mastered UI Goku in not revealed in the preview for episode 129 after 128 finishes
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:15 am

I think the eyebrows being silver too is cool (a nice touch) and really shows how mastered UI is the TRUE complete new form.

Kind of genius to think about how in Goku's Omen form only his eyes (and tips of his hair were silver) It was all a prelude to this!

Could it also be that, Goku's hair in mastered UI (while being animated) will be made to more resemble Angle hair?

UI is basically an Angel thing

Its freaking awesome to think about how far Goku has come and how much Goku has grown.

Goku will be approaching the lower tier of angels with this form.

The most powerful form ever, for the greatest prodigal son to ever live, the legendary Son Goku - the MAIN charcater of Dragon Ball - the low class peasant who rose to prominence despite everything - Son Goku the proverbial underdog and hero of the people (Remember Goku's SSJ speech against Frieza? That was awesome. Please let UI mastered Goku give a speech similar to that against Jiren/about protecting his universe)

What an incredible way for Super to end with Goku unlocking mastered UI, and mastered UI Goku taking out Jiren 1 vs 1

Jiren may far surpass the gods but the legendary Son Goku will be approaching that angle level soon.

Lets go Son Goku !!! I so cant wait for tomorrow and episode 129
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:You know what I'd want?

A silver AURA. That's right, a bright, shiny aura of silver that illuminates the mastered state of Ultra Instinct. Like his eyes, even Goku's aura enters a zen-like state of absolute mastery over the body.
Not going to lie. That sounds pretty cool too

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 am

This is Goku's new form and it'll be his last fight so I want him to go all out and completely shine and by shine I mean kick Jiren's ass.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: The most powerful form ever, for the greatest prodigal son to ever live, the legendary Son Goku - the MAIN charcater of Dragon Ball - the low class peasant who rose to prominence despite everything - Son Goku the proverbial underdog and hero of the people (Remember Goku's SSJ speech against Frieza? That was awesome. Please let UI mastered Goku give a speech similar to that against Jiren/about protecting his universe)
Why do you deem it necessary to constantly highlight this? :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:43 am

Saturnine wrote:Why do you deem it necessary to constantly highlight this? :lol:
Isn't obvious? We don't know who the main character of Dragon Ball is, so we need someone to constantly remind us who is Dragon Ball's main character.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Well looks like he was right about there being another form. Huzzah.

Still doesn't absolve him of being such an asshole about it :<

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 pm

It's not another form, it's just a mastered version of what was seen before. Only that this time people who manage Dragon Ball think that recoloring hair is "coOooOoOoll", so that's why they changed from black to silver. It's nothing different from Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Fourth Grade/Mastered Super Saiyan.

~ Day of the Machines ~