Were Goku and Vegeta's new outfits a mistake?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Re: Were Goku and Vegeta's new outfits a mistake?

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Actually Goku's current outfit is new. It's the "Go" dogi with a solid belt. Son has never wore this variant of his suit before. The last outfit was Kanji-less and the one before that was the "Go" dogi with a tie around belt. So what he is wearing now is indeed a new outfit. Vegeta's is the usual.
What's interesting to me is that, other than chapters one through four (because they're based on Battle of Gods), this is exclusive to the anime. From chapter fourteen onward, he once again wears his dōgi from the Cell and Boo arcs.
Are you sure? I believe Son is wearing the "Super era" Orange dogi. Remember the Cell and Buy dogi lacked the "Go" Kanji on it.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

GTx10 wrote:Are you sure? I believe Son is wearing the "Super era" Orange dogi. Remember the Cell and Buy dogi lacked the "Go" Kanji on it.
Yep! In the anime adaptation, Gokū wears a brand new dōgi that combines the Namek Arc and the Cell/Boo Arcs: it has the "Go" kanji from the Namek Arc but, like the Cell/Boo Arcs, it lacks the belt. In the manga adaptation, his dōgi is identical to the one he wore in the Cell/Boo Arcs, as both the belt and the "Go" kanji are absent.

The only exception is the first four chapters of the manga; since they're based on the Battle of Gods film, Gokū's dōgi is the same as the one we see in the anime adaptation, though with a few inconsistences, as Toyotarō forgot the "Go" kanji on the back in a handful of panels, and I think he forgot it on the front in a panel as well.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Are you sure? I believe Son is wearing the "Super era" Orange dogi. Remember the Cell and Buy dogi lacked the "Go" Kanji on it.
Yep! In the anime adaptation, Gokū wears a brand new dōgi that combines the Namek Arc and the Cell/Boo Arcs: it has the "Go" kanji from the Namek Arc but, like the Cell/Boo Arcs, it lacks the belt. In the manga adaptation, his dōgi is identical to the one he wore in the Cell/Boo Arcs, as both the belt and the "Go" kanji are absent.

The only exception is the first four chapters of the manga; since they're based on the Battle of Gods film, Gokū's dōgi is the same as the one we see in the anime adaptation, though with a few inconsistences, as Toyotarō forgot the "Go" kanji on the back in a handful of panels, and I think he forgot it on the front in a panel as well.
You are right! Toyo is drawing Son with Cell/Buy arc dogi. I never noticed, huh. Well that is odd, Toyo shouldn't miss little details like that it must be intentional then. Good eye!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 pm

GTx10 wrote:You are right! Toyo is drawing Son with Cell/Buy arc dogi. I never noticed, huh. Well that is odd, Toyo shouldn't miss little details like that it must be intentional then. Good eye!
Thank you! I'm too much of a stickler for consistency for my own good, so I end up noticing things like that even when I don't want to; it's both a blessing and a curse. :lol:
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Jigurashi wrote:Never cared about them. I do think Vegeta looks better in his RoF outfit than his Cell armor one. Goku should just go to his EoZ outfit and stay in that.
I liked them, but I find it sad that people are still moarning them after almost three years.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I really liked them, especially Vegeta's.

It was a shame to see them disappear

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Well, they had to actually darken Vegeta's regular blue armor for his beyond Blue form. otherwise the hue of his hair would be actually identical to the one of his armor. Would have looked tons better in the black armor, really.