As Freeza remains in the shadows, my theory on Super's "unexpected" ending

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: As Freeza remains in the shadows, my theory on Super's "unexpected" ending

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: "Now see children? This is how you bisect a stupid minion that doesn't cook your food to the exact temperature you tell them too."
*Penetrate
Penetration is all Freeza ever does, he even laughs to ease the pain and lighten up the mood while he does it..
He just had to act that way because of his position, gotta maintain that image, he is a decent guy when you get to know him

And Yes, I am not serious, Freeza isn't gonna change so easily, if he ever does it's gotta be stretched over entire arcs..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm

I think it's pretty clear Freeza will probably be the last one standing after Jiren and Goku knock each other out as many have already said... and he'll be the one to get the wish (still dunno).

I do think that he'll be trolled though so we'll see what happens. I already don't like that they keep bringing him back but I'm gonna be so angry if they undermine him for the umpteenth time.

I actually don't have high hopes.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:56 pm

I see a lot of talk about Frieza ringing out Goku in the end and getting a wish.

Its important to note that the wish does not go to the fighter last standing. It goes to the most outstanding fighter

So I just dont see that scenario as realistic

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Freeza is there so u7 win via more numbers once the time runs out. He wont do anything.

Jiren n Goku either have a draw till time runs out or they ring themselves out, then everyone panics since no one is left then suddenly they remember Freeza is still in the arena and u7 wins, u11 gets deleted and then the wish, which ever it will be.

It isnt that complicated.

Seriously, 2 episodes left till the tourney is done and people expect Toei to pull some twists and turns with Freeza.

Freeza at best gets ressed with the namek DB and goes on his way after he threatens Goku n co with revenge ofcourse or at worst gets sent back to hell and again threatens them that he will have his revenge.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:40 am

buutenks wrote:Seriously, 2 episodes left till the tourney is done and people expect Toei to pull some twists and turns with Freeza.
That's why I think the best they can do right now is end this tournament with and unexpected cliffhanger, just for the sake of eventual future arcs.
Because now the most predicable thing that can happen is Goku winning against Jiren and wishing all the universes back so they can all live happily ever after. :yawn:

I'm sorry but I can't think of a more boring ending of Super.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 am

Toei is trying his hardest to make us forget about freeza being there, u7 will win by having more members on the stage, I figured that out after watching the last episode, where they even try to get us think freeza is dead, I see three possible outcomes:

-Freeza claims his wish, which is denied, loses his cool, goes against the zenos-grand priest and gets erased.
-Freeza is wished back, beerus threatens him to erase him if he ever does anything stupid, he vows to take revenge some day.
-Freeza is sent back to hell, vows to take revenge some day.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am

Freezerbaby wrote: -Freeza is wished back, beerus threatens him to erase him if he ever does anything stupid, he vows to take revenge some day.
The most likely one, except the vow for revenge deal, I see Freeza turning out to be something of a cell arc Vegeta after this, if Dragonball goes on..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote: -Freeza is wished back, beerus threatens him to erase him if he ever does anything stupid, he vows to take revenge some day.
The most likely one, except the vow for revenge deal, I see Freeza turning out to be something of a cell arc Vegeta after this, if Dragonball goes on..
He's pissed off at Jiren and the Pride Troopers for hurting him so much so he could bugger off and be their problem.

Personally I don't think Frieza is going to do much. If he doesn't show up to give Goku his ki or something in 129 then I think he'll probably stay knocked out and be the tie-breaker.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:04 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:I see a lot of talk about Frieza ringing out Goku in the end and getting a wish.

Its important to note that the wish does not go to the fighter last standing. It goes to the most outstanding fighter

So I just dont see that scenario as realistic
But what if the most outstanding fighter is erased?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
I would like to see freeza returning to his planet of origin or something like that, but unfortunately I think it will be the back-to-hell outcome.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
I would like to see freeza returning to his planet of origin or something like that, but unfortunately I think it will be the back-to-hell outcome.
Or maybe he'll do something stupid and will end hp erased by Zeno.
Get Fucked, C_unt

thezander

Post by thezander » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am

This is the first thread I found about this, I didn't want to start my own. I think a possibility will be Goku finished jiren, now either the tournament stops right then and there. Or there is still time on the clock and frieza immerges with a sneak attack like the Ray gun from Earth. But all the emphasis leading up to the TOP was making sure Goku doesn't let his guard down . Which he proves he did by deflecting Freeza's attack and knocking him off.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't think it would be that surprising if Freeza helps Goku. He doesn't have to become a good guy, he can just do it to win the ToP. His earlier betrayals were early on but now we are at the end. He could try offering to help Jiren if he agrees to wish Freeza back but that didn't work out the last time he offered it to Jiren's teammate. Though you know what might be surprising, maybe they do have him offer, and we all think Jiren will say no since his whole backstory is "I don't trust anybody", but then in a twist he does accept. But then of course Freeza just betrays him like he did Frost... Thus giving us the moral of Supers story, Never trust anybody :)

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm

dario03 wrote:I don't think it would be that surprising if Freeza helps Goku. He doesn't have to become a good guy, he can just do it to win the ToP. His earlier betrayals were early on but now we are at the end. He could try offering to help Jiren if he agrees to wish Freeza back but that didn't work out the last time he offered it to Jiren's teammate. Though you know what might be surprising, maybe they do have him offer, and we all think Jiren will say no since his whole backstory is "I don't trust anybody", but then in a twist he does accept. But then of course Freeza just betrays him like he did Frost... Thus giving us the moral of Supers story, Never trust anybody :)
But what would Jiren gain from allying with Frieza? He's already the most OP Beast in the multiverse. Maybe if Mastered UI is too much to handle this Might be possibile, but I think that it will be an even fight between the 2
Get Fucked, C_unt

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 pm

SsjCookie wrote: That's why I think the best they can do right now is end this tournament with and unexpected cliffhanger, just for the sake of eventual future arcs.
Because now the most predicable thing that can happen is Goku winning against Jiren and wishing all the universes back so they can all live happily ever after. :yawn:

Episode titles say other wise tho.

Plus this is DB, it has a simple story. Also Goku wont win vs Jiren, it will be a draw with u7 winning due to having more numbers thanks to Freeza. As for the wish, it can be anything, it isnt really relevant to universe 7 because we already know they will survive.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza is a decent guy, he is just misunderstood, given the chance and a room at capsule corporation he will be running around with kids and planting flowers before you know it!

Freeza winning the tournament because Omni kings see his struggle against Jiren and show respect to his good heart is definitely a 101% possibility
Freeza training Pan is something I want to see.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 am

SsjCookie wrote:
buutenks wrote:Seriously, 2 episodes left till the tourney is done and people expect Toei to pull some twists and turns with Freeza.
That's why I think the best they can do right now is end this tournament with and unexpected cliffhanger, just for the sake of eventual future arcs.

Goku hasn't had a big win in Super yet, so actually the most unpredictable outcome statistically is Goku winning

Goku winning would be ending Super on the highest note possible

Also, "predictable" doesnt mean bad or boring

If it's executed on and done well, it's great period.

Call Goku winning what ever you want, if it's "predictable" then predictable IS A GREAT thing; )

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am

Freezerbaby wrote:Toei is trying his hardest to make us forget about freeza being there, u7 will win by having more members on the stage, I figured that out after watching the last episode, where they even try to get us think freeza is dead, I see three possible outcomes:

-Freeza claims his wish, which is denied, loses his cool, goes against the zenos-grand priest and gets erased.
-Freeza is wished back, beerus threatens him to erase him if he ever does anything stupid, he vows to take revenge some day.
-Freeza is sent back to hell, vows to take revenge some day.
Frieza isn't getting a wish period

The wish goes to the most outstanding fighter

Not the last fighter standing

I was actually thinking about this. Remember when Vegeta passed on all his promises to Goku for Goku to complete them for him

So Goku winning means he kept Vegeta's promises for him (to restore U6). So I wonder if Goku -also happy to have not let anyone down, let's Vegeta have the wish and fulfill the promise Goku won for him

It would be cool if Goku then convinced Vegeta that it would be better to wish back multiple universes. That Goku really just wants Jiren back because of how much Jiren managed to push Goku and Goku yearns for challenge .

I think in a twist, Goku the most outstanding fighter (who let's Vegeta decide the wish with him) ultimately decide to wish back U6 and U11...

This way the 2 best universes come back....

Jiren thanks Goku for not only defeating him and thus making him realise there's more to strength, but for restoring him too.

Jiren grows a whole new level of respect for Goku.

Goku defeating Jiren makes Jiren vow to train harder to improve and to start trusting in his friends. Goku being able to defeat Jiren shows Jiren the power of hope and trust.

And then Jiren finally says "until we meet again Son Goku"

This could also perfectly set up a future arc when Super returns with Goku and Jiren teaming up to stop the evil doer of U11

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:56 am

thezander wrote:This is the first thread I found about this, I didn't want to start my own. I think a possibility will be Goku finished jiren, now either the tournament stops right then and there. Or there is still time on the clock and frieza immerges with a sneak attack like the Ray gun from Earth. But all the emphasis leading up to the TOP was making sure Goku doesn't let his guard down . Which he proves he did by deflecting Freeza's attack and knocking him off.
I honestly hate the idea of Goku and Jiren fighting to an indecisive draw and U7 winning on numbers just because Frieza was on the stage

That's the worst least satisfying way possible to end Super

Goku needs to get a decisive win period

The idea of Goku eliminating Jiren, and then still eliminating Frieza after Frieza tries to ambush him, is such a superior idea, and just much much much better and more satisfying.

And what better way to wrap up the Goku vs Frieza fued then with that too

Or maybe Goku reverts back to base after eliminating Jiren and the actual finale battle is Goku vs Frieza lol

The other realistic ending is Frieza distracting Jiren allowing Goku to blast Jiren out, similar to Vegeta's role against Cell allowing Gohan to beat Cell.

I think it's very possible that mastered UI Goku could be outclassing Jiren but because of the lack of time, puts everything into one last attack, and MUI Goku and Jiren get entangled in a beam struggle.

That or a desperate Jiren unleashes everything he absolutely has into a last energy attack and Goku counters. Mastered UI Goku and Jiren get entangled into a beam struggle that way

Either way - with Frieza re-appearing out of no where. Imagine it looking like he's going to betray U7, only to attack Jiren and allow MUI Goku to blast Jiren out with the distraction

What if, the title of 131 is actually Frieza saying that to Goku? That would be crazy lol

People think that if Frieza helps in any way he becomes a good guy. It lacks any logic. He doesnt

Frieza helping falls in line with his character. He gave Goku energy. He saved Goku from being eliminating.

Are people forgetting Frieza is on team U7 and that if U7 losses Frieza gets erased? Frieza isn't stupid. He will play along and help in any way he can to ensure he doesnt get erased

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm

I think it's still a possibility Goku blows himself up along with Jiren, if he knows time is running out. Everything explodes, the remnants of the stage, all gone. Even the remaining Gods, angels and Kai's have to teleport themselves from the bleaches, that are completely destroyed in the process, up to Zeno and Grand Priest. So we'd think: where is Freeza? We'd think he would be still there, but if he's gone too, who wins the Tournament? This is followed by some moments of suspense. Then we see this lighting bubble in the Void. 17 was still alive all along, Zeno never pushed the button for him, he has protected himself and Freeza. Thereafter we see the final moments of Goku, talking telepathically to 17, saying he knows they are both still there and asking 17 to put on the final barrier to protect himself and Freeza from being evaporated, and by doing so 17 becomes the true star of the tournament along with Goku. After the final wish is made and at least U6 (and maybe even other Universes?) are brought back, in the final moments we see Beerus asking Whis: 'So is this really the end of him?' Whis responds: 'I can still feel his presence, somewhere very far away ...', just before the final ending credits hit.

We never actually saw Zeno pushing the button after 17 'sacrified' himself. When Goku was presumed dead after he was hit by the Spirit Bomb, Zeno was about to hit the button, altough he was presumed already dead. So why didn't he hit the button for 17?

I would prefer an unexpected scenario. But if Goku wins, i hope it's depicted very epicly.