Vegeta will receive the Kid Boo treatment again... very original

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Vegeta will receive the Kid Boo treatment again... very original

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am

Is that serious? Is Vegeta's '' cool moment '' going to be beaten by Jiren and continue to stand up just because of his pride? Will not he even be able to use his transformation in his last fight? Is not he going to be able to give Jiren any work in his last effort?

Will not he be able to do anything?

So why did he stay in the arena?
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vegeta will receive the Kid Boo treatment again... very original

Post by Kanious » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 am

Apparently Vegeta already had his best moment, against Toppo, and the new transformation in his previous fight with Jiren. This is sad, because Vegeta's shining seemed so rushed.

I'm ok with they doing a throwback to Buu's arc, it is great that Super did many throwbacks to Z and even classic DB, but it is sad how Vegeta was bad worked in the ToP.

For me, his fight against U9 was the most fun fight he had.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 am

Why are you so pressed? Nothing will satisfy you Vegeta stans.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 am

Vegeta will always be second fiddle. He's done a lot of work and has had many moment to shine throughout the arc. Plus he's had some really impressive character development throughout the arc. I'm satisfied

Plus Id rather have him go out than keep fighting after he's apparently exerted all his stamina and energy

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:50 am

Kanious wrote:Apparently Vegeta already had his best moment, against Toppo, and the new transformation in his previous fight with Jiren. This is sad, because Vegeta's shining seemed so rushed.

I'm ok with they doing a throwback to Buu's arc, it is great that Super did many throwbacks to Z and even classic DB, but it is sad how Vegeta was bad worked in the ToP.

For me, his fight against U9 was the most fun fight he had.
Why should they make references to this fight?

Vegeta was beaten and humiliated by Kid Boo, it would be disappointing TOEI to do the same thing now. Vegeta's last effort would be humiliating.
Cursemark505 wrote:Why are you so pressed? Nothing will satisfy you Vegeta stans.
The point is that if TOEI did not eliminate Vegeta on EP 126, then it's because she still has plans for it.

But why make him continue in the tournament only to be destroyed by Jiren?
If this will be his last effort then it would have to be something really cool

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:57 am

Cursemark505 wrote:Why are you so pressed? Nothing will satisfy you Vegeta stans.
This 100%

There was talk about this in the thread about episode 126

Vegeta fans won't be happy until Vegeta kills Goku and becomes the main character

You even had a popular youtuber Doulie, being fed up with the absurdity of Vegeta fans and calling them out for this/setting them straight

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Vegeta will always be second fiddle. He's done a lot of work and has had many moment to shine throughout the arc. Plus he's had some really impressive character development throughout the arc. I'm satisfied

Plus Id rather have him go out than keep fighting after he's apparently exerted all his stamina and energy
Great post

Vegeta already got his epic farewell and big win. What more can you ask for?

Vegeta should've been eliminated long ago yet is still here.

It took him until episode 128 to finally get eliminated. There are basically giving Vegeta a SECOND epic farewell moment...and yet Vegeta fans still want more, still complain...They wanted Vegeta to beat Jiren.

Vegeta isn't the main character. Vegeta is probably the greatest treated secondary character in anime. Yet that still is never enough. This is why Super should've just focused on Gohan instead, because at least Gohan fans would've been happy with anything Gohan got. Vegeta gets like 10 countries to himself and Vegeta fans are upset and complaining that Vegeta didn't get the world

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:10 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Vegeta will always be second fiddle. He's done a lot of work and has had many moment to shine throughout the arc. Plus he's had some really impressive character development throughout the arc. I'm satisfied

Great post

It took him until episode 128 to finally get eliminated. There are basically giving Vegeta a SECOND epic farewell moment...and yet Vegeta fans still want more, still complain...They wanted Vegeta to beat Jiren.

Vegeta isn't the main character. Vegeta is probably the greatest treated secondary character in anime. Yet that still is never enough. This is why Super should've just focused on Gohan instead, because at least Gohan fans would've been happy with anything Gohan got. Vegeta gets like 10 countries to himself and Vegeta fans are upset and complaining that Vegeta didn't get the world
First, spare me your extremely biased comments and usually with the intention of denigrating Vegeta and his fans.

I never said that I was not satisfied with Vegeta's performance in the tournament, or that I wanted him to beat Jiren or become the protagonist.

I'm saying that TOEI did not eliminate him on EP 126 even though he had that great fight against Toppo. So that means it will still get a highlight before being eliminated (like any U7 member). So if it's going to get highlighted before it gets eliminated, we hope it's something cool.

But it simply does not make sense for him to continue in the arena only to be destroyed by Jiren without being able to give him any difficulty

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

Great post

First, spare me your extremely biased comments and usually with the intention of denigrating Vegeta and his fans.

I never said that I was not satisfied with Vegeta's performance in the tournament, or that I wanted him to beat Jiren or become the protagonist.

I'm saying that TOEI did not eliminate him on EP 126 even though he had that great fight against Toppo. So that means it will still get a highlight before being eliminated (like any U7 member). So if it's going to get highlighted before it gets eliminated, we hope it's something cool.

But it simply does not make sense for him to continue in the arena only to be destroyed by Jiren without being able to give him any difficulty
Vegeta is completely out of energy. How do you expect things to go?

Vegeta is basically getting a second farewell moment. Way more then enough.

Vegeta is in some way going to contribute to Goku attaining his UI perfect traansformation. That's another big win for Vegeta

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 am

According to Fuji Tv preview, Vegeta hear the voice of Bulma.
It's pretty clear now that Vegeta will use UI.
He's in base form, a condition to unlock UI (depleted body)
Goku need to see Vegeta's fight to unlock UI, so it seems he need to see UI activation on his own by another Guy !
And the preview seems to foreshadowing shomething as Vegeta isn't show transforming and we know he can't do nothing in this form.

When Toshio talk about a "cool Vegeta", it's probably about Bulma's voice.
Remember that when Vegeta think about Kyabe and his family, he become insanely strong.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 am

Oh come on. Vegeta, this arc, was at his best he's ever been, alongside with his role in the Black arc.
Stop whining. He used to be one of the biggest punching bags in DBZ. Have you guys forgot about it?

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 am

Vegeta isn't getting Ultra Instinct. What would be the point of giving him two transformations in the span of like 4 episodes?

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 am

Asura wrote:Vegeta isn't getting Ultra Instinct. What would be the point of giving him two transformations in the span of like 4 episodes?
The Ascended SSBLUE was just a way for Toei to be consistent with Toyotaro's SSBLUE Mastered when Vegeta and Goku are equal and that is probably what the script of Toriyama is (Vegeta Blue = Goku Blue).
And if Vegeta have UI for several minutes (seconds in reality), that's not a problem for Goku because he'll have a mastered UI far stronger than base UI of Vegeta.
And maybe a bit different (Silver hair ?).

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:22 am

Personally I'm satisfied with Vegeta's treatment in this arc. He had a lot of cool fights, character moments, a new form, and he eliminated someone with the Power of a God of destruction. There's nothing left for him to do at this point besides put ting up a fight against Jiren and get eliminated. Now's Goku's time to shine. And also, I don't think he got humiliated in the Kid Buy fight, he proved that he's one tough motherfucker who will keep fighting until the end, and it's very fitting for him to out like that in the next episode.
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:27 am

Vegeta transforms back into Blue after losing his strength : "this doesn't make any sense, he shouldn't be able to use it"

Vegeta can't transform back into his blue form after losing his strength : "why are they underpowering Vegeta, he's just going to get beat up like always, they're uncreative"

This arc has (with build up from the previous ones) finally made Vegeta Goku's equal, something we've been waiting years to see but as I expected, his fans are still not happy.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta was humiliated by Kid Boo.
That was arguably Vegeta's best showing in Z because it showed how strong of a character he was and how he was willing to do anything, including giving his life away to ensure Buu was defeated, even if he wasn't taken donw by his own hands.
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:32 am

What's the point of making a topic when there exists TWO threads (the episode one 127 and the official Super thread) where you can talk about this? Why do people feel so pressed to complain so loudly about a kid show not going their way?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 am

ShinTenshin wrote:According to Fuji Tv preview, Vegeta hear the voice of Bulma.
Goku need to see Vegeta's fight to unlock UI, so it seems he need to see UI activation on his own by another Guy !
And the preview seems to foreshadowing shomething as Vegeta isn't show transforming and we know he can't do nothing in this form.

Remember that when Vegeta think about Kyabe and his family, he become insanely strong.
The title of the episode is pride TO THE END. VEGETA FALLS

Episode 128 spoilers state "ONLY Goku and Jiren remain"

Vegeta IS getting eliminated. Accept it so you dont get mad when it happens. Vegeta has been treated way better then he shouldve

If any group has a real reason to complain its Gohan fans. Super completely shitted all over Gohan. Gohan only got 3 mins screen time in his own elimination episode... YET Vegeta gets an epic win plus 2 epic farewells..enough is enough with complaining Vegeta fans and the annoying pro Vegeta bias in Super
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Vegeta fans won't be happy until Vegeta kills Goku and becomes the main character.
Even if that happens they're complain about his death not being brutal enough. :lol:

For some reason his fans think the only way a character or him can look good is if he ends up outright killing the main villain. His fight against Kid Buu was very one sided with him being receiving the beatdown but what was great about it was him constantly getting back up (which might happen next week) yet not many see how great that is. This doesn't just apply to Veget fans but they're the most vocal.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:There are basically giving Vegeta a SECOND epic farewell moment.
This'll be the 4th one. most thought he'd go down after getting a few hits on Jiren but he didn't. most thought he'd go down after getting his new form but he didn't. most thought he'd go down with Toppo but he didn't. It's only now after such a great resistance that he's finally going out, something that's way above what I expected. How anyone can be upset about this is beyond me as things could've turned out a lot worse for him.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Personally I'm satisfied with Vegeta's treatment in this arc. He had a lot of cool fights, character moments, a new form, and he eliminated someone with the Power of a God of destruction. There's nothing left for him to do at this point besides put up a fight against Jiren and get eliminated.
I wish more people were happy about how he's been treated. I thought with everything he's done we'd be able to come together as a fan base and celebrate it yet it's the same thing we've been seeing since forever. Don't get me wrong, I'll always want Vegeta to get good screentime and eventually an arc centered around him with a main villain he takes down but that doesn't mean I'm going to look down on everything else he gets along the way.

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
ShinTenshin wrote:According to Fuji Tv preview, Vegeta hear the voice of Bulma.

The title of the episode is pride TO THE END. VEGETA FALLS

Episode 128 spoilers state "ONLY Goku and Jiren remain"

Vegeta IS getting eliminated. Accept it so you dont get mad when it happens. Vegeta has been treated way better then he shouldve

If any group has a real reason to complain its Gohan fans. Super completely shitted all over Gohan. Gohan only got 3 mins screen time in his own elimination episode... YET Vegeta gets an epic win plus 2 epic farewells..enough is enough with complaining Vegeta fans and the annoying pro Vegeta bias in Super
I'm not complaining at all, i'm just thinking Vegeta will unlock UI, it's just an opinion !
If he hasn't UI that doesn't matter cause Vegeta has showed how he's a great character.
Vegeta has everything to be happy, he doesn't need to be the strongest, cause to be 2nd place suit him very well.
I really thanks Toriyama for his love to Vegeta.

As for Gohan, you have what you deserve to be honest !
Gohan's fans never stop saying ridiculous things like new transformation, winner of the TOP, surpassing Jiren....
I even remember when Opening 2 lyrics was translated, every Gohan's fans stated it was him that was portrayed to become insanely strong (breaking limit) !!!

Gohan's fans can't be happy if he isn't the first one, you live in a dream full of jealousy for other characters.
Gohan have fullfiling his destiny, he's not a fighter anymore.
He'll never be a strong character, accept it.
It's over for Gohan since he was absorbed by Buu.
If you want to have a support character that isn't useless, time for you to support C17.
Stop crying like a baby say goodbye to Gohan once and for all, you'll be far more happy, trust me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 am

ShinTenshin wrote:Vegeta doesn't need to be the strongest, cause to be 2nd place suit him very well.

I really thank Toriyama for his love to Vegeta.

Gohan's fans can't be happy if he isn't the first one.
At this point in the franchise, Vegeta is by far the best handled character apart form Goku, something every Vegeta fan should be happy about.

I do as well cause Vegeta is finally Goku's equal in terms of importance and his character has come full circle.

Gohan did great in this tournament. What his fans seem to forget is he went from nothing in the previous arcs to taking down u11's 3rd main fighter along other great moments. Toriyama could've just left him on earth to "protect it" in case something happened and had Buu be in the tournament instead. That doesn't justify how bad he was written before but for this arc, he was written right.