What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm

I’m guessing that Zen-Oh erasing Frost early is a Toei thing, given that Frost in the manga isn’t quite as bad as he is in the anime.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:18 am

ToshioWrites wrote: Kale and Caulifla fusing - I have a feeling that toriyama outline said something like " kale and caulifla combine to fight goku but get defeated" and the toei team decided to run with fusion. Vegito last arc was not Toriyama idea and I don't think he'd want to introduce potara into this arc I think he meant 2 vs 1 and that would be it.
Vegito wasn't Toriyama's idea but he appeared in the manga.
There is no way the manga's going to skip a new character that is a fusion of two Saiyan girls, and even if many hate her she's one of the most popular new characters.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I think whatever Vegeta's new form is called, won't be in the manga, because, as I stated in another thread, it just feels like a plot device to make our prince as strong as Goku, because probably after reading Toryiama's notes Toei realize that they wrote themselves into a corner with SSB Kaioken
I def think SSB KK was Toriyama.

Remember the whole mini-arc about Goku's body dealing with the damaging effects of SSB KK, like if Goku developed some kind of energy disorder lol?

That was total Toriyama humor and gags.

There wouldn't have been episodes about that, to fully follow up on SSB KK, if it wasnt always planned.

The idea that it was just added in last minute by Toei just doesn't hold any water.

IF there are any major changes in the manga it's because Toyotaro will have veered away from Toriyama's canon scripts

We have enough evidence out there telling us that Toei always tries to follow Toriyama's transcripts as close as possible, and that they now treat Toriyama as the #1 authority on everything

Even if Toei wants to make changes they run it over with Toriyama first and get his approval or advice first

Toyotaro with the magna is a lot "looser" so to say. Toyotaro more tries to consistently "do his own thing." Toyo is a bit of a loose canon, but he still eventually will hit all the same major story beats that Toriyama/Toei hit. I see a bunch of little changes and differences here and there. That's about it

Maybe Toyotaro will cut out some of the "filler" stuff from Toryiama/Toei. That sounds possible (like someone else mentioned) That's probably the biggest thing he will do. I don't think that will make things "better"...IMO thats less development and less entertainment

For example, when they played baseball that was considered "filler" yet it was incredibly entertaining and very fun to watch

I'm glad Toei embraces the wackiness of Toriyama
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:49 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I think whatever Vegeta's new form is called, won't be in the manga, because, as I stated in another thread, it just feels like a plot device to make our prince as strong as Goku, because probably after reading Toryiama's notes Toei realize that they wrote themselves into a corner with SSB Kaioken

Remember the whole mini-arc about Goku's body dealing with the damaging effects of SSB KK, like if Goku developed some kind of energy disorder lol?

There wouldn't have been episodes about that, to fully follow up on SSB KK, if it wasnt always planned.

The idea that it was just added in last minute by Toei just doesn't hold any water.

IF there are any major changes in the manga it's because Toyotaro will have veered away from Toriyama's canon scripts

We have enough evidence out there telling us that Toei always tries to follow Toriyama's transcripts as close as possible, and that they now treat Toriyama as the #1 authority on everything

Even if Toei wants to make changes they run it over with Toriyama first and get his approval or advice first

Toyotaro with the magna is a lot "looser" so to say. Toyotaro more tries to consistently "do his own thing." Toyo is a bit of a loose canon, but he still eventually will hit all the same major story beats that Toriyama/Toei hit. I see a bunch of little changes and differences here and there. That's about it

Maybe Toyotaro will cut out some of the "filler" stuff from Toryiama/Toei. That sounds possible (like someone else mentioned) That's probably the biggest thing he will do. I don't think that will make things "better"...IMO thats less development and less entertainment
Or maybe, you know, Toriyama's scripts are very loose and can allow for several different interpretations and allow both the anime and manga creative liberty to do what they want as long as the end result is still the same?

Toriyama's scripts aren't that detailed, that's why there is so much divergence between the anime and the manga.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

For example, when they played baseball that was considered "filler" yet it was incredibly entertaining and very fun to watch

I'm glad Toei embraces the wackiness of Toriyama
It definetely seems like Toriyama's humor, but if I remember correctly, Toyotaro said that Toriyama was mainly concerned about gags so I don't think he would let Toyo skip that joke. If you noticed, some jokes are both in the anime and manga, like Goku not knowing what kissing is for example. I think that Tori's jokes are the ones that appear in both mediums.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:06 am

My list of what I think will happen on the manga:

-Kefla vs mastered ssb goku
-no goku vs jiren first round
-Only one ultra instinct awakening, goku vs jiren at the end of course.
-Golden freeza defeating base toppo alone.
-Golden freeza being knock down by God Toppo and forgotten about until the very end of the tournament.
-no freeza coming back, getting beaten up and forgotten about again.
-no SS royal blue vegeta.
-Vegeta ringing out God toppo, but not by life-risking attack.
-17 self-destructing himself to erase Jiren´s attack.
-Jiren eliminating Hit and Vegeta.
-Gohan´s sacrifice to eliminate Dyspo, not sure if golden freeza will do the thing.
-Anilaza´s appearance, not sure if five u7 fighters will be needed to eliminate him, 17 is likely to be the one who will ring him out.

Any other event is not of my interest, I would like to see Hit vs Goku,vegeta or freeza though.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 am

Well, I think basically all the fodder characters, except a select few, will have different abillties. I remember a comment from one of the producers (or someone like that) who said all they had were designs and their powers are up to the animators. I imagine Toyotaro is in the same boat.

For example, he might do more to with the U2 guys, rather than turning them into the Maidens 2.0.

The only exceptions to this are the main guys from each Universe, like: Toppo, Dyspo and Jiren; the Maidens; the Trio de Dangers; Koichiarator, Paparoni and Katopesla, Damon and Ganos, the Namekians and the Saiyan girls. U10 is too much of a blank slate to count.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 am

Is the 48 minute time mark a thing in the manga? I wish it wasn't if the manga is gonna do anything like the anime where characters will attain, perfect and/or surpass themselves all in the span of minutes in-universe.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 am

What're the odds of Omen being an anime only thing? Given that it, Ikari and ASS Blue haven't gotten Toriyama sketches, I'm gonna say it's fairly likely Omen just flat out doesn't happen in the manga now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:What're the odds of Omen being an anime only thing? Given that it, Ikari and ASS Blue haven't gotten Toriyama sketches, I'm gonna say it's fairly likely Omen just flat out doesn't happen in the manga now.
It is possible that it will happen,Goku vs Jiren are bound to fight mid way to the tournament, there building it up right now.
Mostly active on discord.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:What're the odds of Omen being an anime only thing? Given that it, Ikari and ASS Blue haven't gotten Toriyama sketches, I'm gonna say it's fairly likely Omen just flat out doesn't happen in the manga now.
Yes, I'm about 90% convinced it's an anime-only thing so they could pad out more episodes and try to give UI something more than just "Oh look he transformed and is gonna beat Jiren now."

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

The snipers episode isn't gonna happen. Good lord, thanks.
Last edited by Zamasu55 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

I bet that the manga will make the universes that aren't U6, U7, and U11 even more irrelevant.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd wager that Kale and Caulifla fusing, Toppo's Hakaishin form and Vegeta's beyond SSJB transformation are anime additions.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:My list of what I think will happen on the manga:

-Golden freeza being knock down by God Toppo and forgotten about until the very end of the tournament.
-Gohan´s sacrifice to eliminate Dyspo, not sure if golden freeza will do the thing.
-Anilaza´s appearance, not sure if five u7 fighters will be needed to eliminate him, 17 is likely to be the one who will ring him out.

Any other event is not of my interest, I would like to see Hit vs Goku,vegeta or freeza though.
I'd love to see Vegeta show Cabba Ssj3 as that's the only form we haven't seen him use in the anime or manga. Toyotarou gave him SsjG so why not 3 as well ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd wager that Kale and Caulifla fusing, Toppo's Hakaishin form and Vegeta's beyond SSJB transformation are anime additions.
Toyotaro is a fanboy, there's no way he's skipping a fusion in his manga. I mean, Vegito beign back was his idea so....
Get Fucked, C_unt

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'd wager that Kale and Caulifla fusing, Toppo's Hakaishin form and Vegeta's beyond SSJB transformation are anime additions.
Toyotaro is a fanboy, there's no way he's skipping a fusion in his manga. I mean, Vegito beign back was his idea so....
Fair point. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to take a cue from the manga and throw SSJB Kaioken into the mix.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:31 am

Don't really see Hakaishin Toppo being excluded from the manga rendition. It's been established in both mediums that he's a candidate for the new Universe 11 Hakaishin, so he's most likely going to be featured in the manga. Though I'm sure he won't spam Hakai as much.

Peripuff

Post by Peripuff » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:46 am

I like that the manga already has a few changes.
Spoilers from Chapter 33:

[spoiler]17 eliminated Murisam instead of Cabba
Freeza eliminated Rubalt instead of Piccolo
18 eliminated Prum (with Jimeze as collateral damage) instead of Vegeta (and Freeza for Jimeze)
Vegeta eliminated Nink and Katopesla instead of Goku and Gamisaras

So the sniping thing probably doesn't happen (Hermila's still there so maybe), Rubalt won't be there with Obuni vs. Gohan and Piccolo (assuming that happens), Nink won't try to double eliminate with Goku, Jimeze won't get tortured by Freeza, and nothing Katopesla does happens.

It should also be noted Lilibeu is still in[/spoiler]

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 am

sintzu wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:My list of what I think will happen on the manga:

I'd love to see Vegeta show Cabba Ssj3 as that's the only form we haven't seen him use in the anime or manga. Toyotarou gave him SsjG so why not 3 as well ?
That would be pretty awesome! Especially since I think Cabba will be revealed to already have SSJ2 during the Tournament, since we know he trained with Caulifla already.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW