What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Re: What events in ToP seem like Anime exclusive?

Post by thegamer23 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 am

I think Ultra Instinct Omen will be an Anime exclusive.

I can't remember any Toryama's official drawings of it, correct me if i'm wrong.
While we had a Full Ultra Instinct Toryama's sketch even before the episode aired.

I can see Goku going directly Ultra Instinct (Mastered) in the final chapters of the TOP, in the manga. Skipping the Omen
Maybe the first battle with jiren (109-110) won't take place at all in the manga.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 am

Everything that has to do with going past Blue is anime-only (Blue Kaioken and Vegeta's form), as Mastered Blue does the job just fine. Hell, even the Sign version of UI may be anime-only. Complete UI is definitely not, though.

Most of the non-important eliminations are anime-only, as shown by the most recent manga chapter changing some.

This one might be a little strange, but I think the lack of Super Saiyan 3 in the Goku/Caulifla/Kale battle is anime-only. Toyotaro seems more keen on using the form, using it in the Goku/17 fight and all.

Finally, there's a ton of battles in the early/mid-tournament that lack any conclusions, such as Goku vs berserk Kale, Goku vs Ribrianne or Vegeta vs Toppo (first round). I think the vast majority of those fights are anime-only.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 am

I think Omen and Vegeta's other form will be anime exclusives, seeing how fast the events are moving along in the recent manga chapter, there probably won't be any extra "drag" like adding extra forms and what not. I do think we'll see Toppo transforming though

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 am

I feel pretty strongly that Kafla is part of the original draft, as it seems like an endgame for both characters, but we'll see. At the same time, I have some trouble believing Toriyama wrote in the three separate instances of Ultra Instinct.

Hot take, but Ribrianne's use in the anime is super weird. She's set up with a classic Toriyama arc: The gag character who slowly reveals more sympathetic nuances and gets a single moment of triumph (a Mr. Satan type), so I felt certain she'd either go out in some big way or get a final hurrah nearer the climax. They even have her rallying everyone to fight Jiren when Vermoud and Khai are sure the rest of the competitor's will have their spirits crushed.

It's all swept away for the completely bizarre re-purposing of her as an obstacle for #18, revealing that, oh—I guess she actually is just kind of an asshole—and serving to accommodate a spotlight episode on the fact that #18 really loves Kuririn, which is also completely unlike Toriyama's style. My guess is there's some disconnect here: Either she was never intended to be a focal character in the first place, and her gradual highlighting was an accident, or something got lost in translation. I'm not sure what might have been outlined for her, but I doubt it it looks much like what the anime gave us, especially the exact manner of her exit.

I absolutely agree on both Toppo and Vegeta's new forms being anime-exclusive. I'll go all in on the manner of Vegeta's defeating Toppo not being outlined as a repeat of his Boo-arc explosion too.

Beyond that, I have few guesses.

EDIT -- Oh, yeah: No way is "Freeza is knocked out cold by a member of Universe 11" not a single beat instead of something that gets repeated three times in a row, which is still one of the weirdest things about the anime version.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am

Cabba SSJ2
Zirloin and the other U2 fighters´s transformations
Goku and Vegeta soloing U9
Goku showing SSJ3 to Caulifla
Vegeta new form
Goku UI Omen

On the other hand I think the few thing we will see just like anime will be: Aniraza, Kefla, 17´s death, Frieza betraying Frost and 18 defeating Ribrianne

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 am

Oh, jeez, Anilaza! Totally forgot about him.

No way is he not anime-exclusive.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 am

The anime ToP got dragged pretty bad TBH. So allot of the eliminations will play differently.

I dont expect to see Anilaza,nor GoD Toppo, kk n bluer is a given that it is anime only. And no 3 times appearing for UI.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:37 am

Anilaza will totally be a thing in the manga,he was mentioned here.
Mostly active on discord.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:43 am

Ribrianne's giant form

Toppo's GoD form

Most of U6's screentime

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:47 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Ribrianne's giant form

Toppo's GoD form

Most of U6's screentime
I agree on the first two however the last one seems unlikely,Hit, Frost and the saiyan trio some screentime recently mind elaborating on that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

The gr wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Ribrianne's giant form

Toppo's GoD form

Most of U6's screentime
I agree on the first two however the last one seems unlikely,Hit, Frost and the saiyan trio some screentime recently mind elaborating on that.
I mainly meant in regards to the girls. Caulifla wasnt even shown in the manga promo. Kale will still have her berserk form and all that but I honestly doubt we'll see Kafla

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Toppo's GoD form.
That seems too major to be anime only. Then again, Toppo in his normal form destroyed Blue Goku so maybe you're right but hopefully not as I like his "transformation" more.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: I mainly meant in regards to the girls. Caulifla wasnt even shown in the manga promo. Kale will still have her berserk form and all that but I honestly doubt we'll see Kafla
At best Goku will train Caulifla in one chapter and then have an epic team battle with the Saiyan chicks and Kamehameha both of them.
sintzu wrote:
That seems too major to be anime only. Then again, Toppo in his normal form destroyed Blue Goku so maybe you're right but hopefully not as I like his "transformation" more.
I'm going with Toppo ripping his shirt out and release his godly ki.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
I'm not sure. They built it up as something major but ended up being nothing special

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I mainly meant in regards to the girls. Caulifla wasnt even shown in the manga promo. Kale will still have her berserk form and all that but I honestly doubt we'll see Kafla
Do you really think that a fanboy like Toyotaro would skip out on a fusion when he was the one responsible for Vegito coming back? No way
Get Fucked, C_unt

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Do you really think that a fanboy like Toyotaro would skip out on a fusion when he was the one responsible for Vegito coming back? No way
He suggested vegetto because he thought otherwise it will not fulfill fan expectations and I don’t think that Jiren is underwhelming in any sense.Plus,it is a battle royale featuring 80 opponents and its a monthly manga,I doubt we will be getting so much focus on secondary characters that are not even from main antagonist universe.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:21 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
He suggested vegetto because he thought otherwise it will not fulfill fan expectations and I don’t think that Jiren is underwhelming in any sense.Plus,it is a battle royale featuring 80 opponents and its a monthly manga,I doubt we will be getting so much focus on secondary characters that are not even from main antagonist universe.
But we can clearly see that U6 is also one of the focal points of this arc. If there's anybody who's not getting any focus it'll be everyone besides U7 U11 and U6. Why did they bother to introduce Kale and Caulifla in the manga if they are not gonna do anything?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:47 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Do you really think that a fanboy like Toyotaro would skip out on a fusion when he was the one responsible for Vegito coming back? No way
But we can clearly see that U6 is also one of the focal points of this arc. If there's anybody who's not getting any focus it'll be everyone besides U7 U11 and U6. Why did they bother to introduce Kale and Caulifla in the manga if they are not gonna do anything?
I am not saying that they won’t do anything.Just that they won’t get so much like in the anime.It’s safe to assume that cauliflower will get ssj2 like in anime and kale will get controlled lssj which is a lot of focus if you ask me.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:I am not saying that they won’t do anything.Just that they won’t get so much like in the anime.It’s safe to assume that cauliflower will get ssj2 like in anime and kale will get controlled lssj which is a lot of focus if you ask me.
Actually, I think those are more likely to be cut than Kefla. Kale's berserker form will be revealed in the manga midway through the tournament, then she likely will control herself at the end of the same battle (with no berserker -> standard SSJ -> smaller controlled berserker progression), then in their next big battle they'll fuse into Kefla.