Next series of dragon ball super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Next series of dragon ball super?

Post by Super Saiyan God » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 am

Okay guys, i would have a single question about this. Would it be happen after decembers movie? And if they will broadcast that will it be on 2019? And would zeno and great priest still exist? Because they havent done with zeno and zalama yet

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Next series of dragon ball super?

Post by Kanious » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

There is no evidence that Dragon Ball will have a new series anytime soon. It may happen or it may not happen, but right now there is no way we can know, as there is no clear official information about this.

I personally believe that we will not get anything for the next 5 years.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Kanious wrote:There is no evidence that Dragon Ball will have a new series anytime soon. It may happen or it may not happen, but right now there is no way we can know, as there is no clear official information about this.

I don't know man, Dragon Ball generates a lot of money
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm

With how much $$$ the franchise is making and how much the new movie will make, it's pretty safe to assume they already have a new series in mind but when is anyone's guess. Kai started in April while Super in July so maybe one of those months.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

wertheck

Post by wertheck » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Kanious wrote:There is no evidence that Dragon Ball will have a new series anytime soon. It may happen or it may not happen, but right now there is no way we can know, as there is no clear official information about this.

The show that was added onto the Super time slot only last for 1 year, its also been said that Dragonball will return, it just hasnt been declared if it will be actual dragonball super or if it will be a different dragonball show.

With that being said, I do not believe Toei is going to just throw out a franchise/show that has made them the amount of money Dragonball has.

There are theories out there that the new shoe could potentially be wrapped around the characters from the movie that is going to be released in december, but there is no confirmation at all, just fan theories.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 pm

I never want to get my hopes up we will but I will find it hard to believe we will not have another series in the future cause of just how much $$$$$$$$$ Dragon Ball Makes!

Also, with the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games coming Up and with Anime Icons being apart of the promotion I would think Toei would want keep Dragon Ball Newly relevant as well during that time-period. Sailor Moon and Precure are part of the Olympic promotional as well so I hope Toei does major stuff with them too.

My guess the soonest would be in 2019 after the movie, but I would want them to take their time and not rush getting started, you don't want the failings to happen again like Super has at its start. Also I think you need to get a whole new writing team that is more skilled and will communicate with each other more, the ToP episodes have had to much in-cohesiveness to them.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Hopefully not, at least until they are actually going to put effort into a new series. Super was a debacle and I'm afraid it validated Toei's beliefs that you can just throw anything out under the franchise and people will eat it up regardless.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 am

sintzu wrote:With how much $$$ the franchise is making and how much the new movie will make, it's pretty safe to assume they already have a new series in mind but when is anyone's guess. Kai started in April while Super in July so maybe one of those months.
This says it best. There's no way Dragon Ball goes off the air for more then a year let alone 5.

It's coming back after the movie.

Super went on hiatus so that they could focus on the movie.

If things suddenly go haywire, at the absolute very worst of the worst, we will still get Dragon Ball movies/games

Super is one of the most popular animes in history and has generated a shit ton of revenue. There's a VERY VERY HIGH chance it comes back after the movie.

Like you said, the only question is when. I hope early 2019. What do you think?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:With how much $$$ the franchise is making and how much the new movie will make, it's pretty safe to assume they already have a new series in mind but when is anyone's guess. Kai started in April while Super in July so maybe one of those months.
This says it best. There's no way Dragon Ball goes off the air for more then a year let alone 5.

It's coming back after the movie.

Super went on hiatus so that they could focus on the movie.

If things suddenly go haywire, at the absolute very worst of the worst, we will still get Dragon Ball movies/games

Super is one of the most popular animes in history and has generated a shit ton of revenue. There's a VERY VERY HIGH chance it comes back after the movie.

Like you said, the only question is when. I hope early 2019. What do you think?
The only way I see the show not coming back is if the movie somehow is a major flop or if Toriyama god forbid passes away in the middle of writing but other than that I think April would be a good month as that's when Toriyama's birthday is. It'll also be close to December so it'd be smart to get one back on the air as close to the movie as possible to keep the hype up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 am

They said the series will continue, so I'm expecting it to return after Gegege no Kitaro ends. My guess is that they are using Toriyama's draft for the next story arc to make the movie and the TV series will return next year and continue on from where the movie ends.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:01 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Hopefully not, at least until they are actually going to put effort into a new series. Super was a debacle and I'm afraid it validated Toei's beliefs that you can just throw anything out under the franchise and people will eat it up regardless.
This is my biggest fear. We're getting so many reboots, sequels, and revivals of old franchises these days. I don't mind this but I rather a series continue if they have a worthwhile story to tell and not for the sole purpose of milking the franchise. Every series has to come to an end eventually. It's better to end it on a high note or at least some kind of planned ending than continue until it stops making money.