Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Well that's disappointing.

Not only is the design horrible, but also now it also makes UI ANOTHER TRANSFORMATION, where before it was implied to simply be a STATE of perfect martial arts instinct (that's why his hair was back to black, he was not using any transformation, he was simply letting his body fighting instinctively).

Oh well.

Tune in on 2019, when we'll see Goku uses the power of a SSJ while in UI to become Mastered Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan!

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 pm

buutenks wrote:
Xeogran wrote:We meme'd Blanco to reality.
Nah, Toriyama wanted ssj blue to be white, but made it blue. He seems to have saved white for the end of Super.
Exactly this.

If anything SSB was a form that was just the "color swap"

(Could also make that argument about SSJ if we are being honest)

Toriyama's intentions were always to make that form with hair that was whitish/silverish/grayish etc.

I think also because what the color white means and signifies

Powerful stuff.

But as you said, Toriyama himself said he would save it for later, that he chose blue instead, so as to not have the colors clash with a future villain

Toriyama instead saved it for a completely new form

Now we have it with Goku"s new mastered UI form. What Toriyama was originally intending all along. The most powerful form in Dragon Ball. And Goku's most powerful form.. I'm soo hyped. It's so bad ass. Lets go Son Goku!!!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
I'm not sure if one would consider Toriyama's hair style to be the official one, or if Toei's approach will be. Would this mean regular Ultra Instinct would have had SSGod hair that is black with white streaks in the hair?

I am going to call regular UI -- Ultra Instinct, and call Mastered UI -- Perfect Instinct. I think the name is better.
I'm fairly certain Toriyama designed the white haired UI only, and the Giji UI was done by Toei to drag things as much as possible (and for marketing reasons ofcourse)

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm

8bitdee wrote:Well that's disappointing.

Not only is the design horrible, but also now it also makes UI ANOTHER TRANSFORMATION, where before it was implied to simply be a STATE of perfect martial arts instinct
You must have not been paying attention then.

When Goku first went Omen it was revealed as a transformation (or one in the vain of false super Saiyan). Goku got a power boost. "Goku is much stronger then before. Wow what happened to Goku" etc

This notion that it was only ever a technique for Goku is more false headcanon that people ran with and repeated.

And the WHOLE point of OMEN was that it was a prelude/forshadowing to this mastered UI from from Goku

Also when Goku is in the mastered UI form ITS STILL all about Goku's instinctual fighting and smarts. It's not a brute strength transformation like rage trunks or super vegeta etc...

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
I'm not sure if one would consider Toriyama's hair style to be the official one, or if Toei's approach will be. Would this mean regular Ultra Instinct would have had SSGod hair that is black with white streaks in the hair?

I am going to call regular UI -- Ultra Instinct, and call Mastered UI -- Perfect Instinct. I think the name is better.
I'm fairly certain Toriyama designed the white haired UI only, and the Giji UI was done by Toei to drag things as much as possible (and for marketing reasons ofcourse)
This was a great post made by TheShadowEmperor8055 that fits perfectly here.

""" I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime """

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:42 pm

To be fair, it only looks as cool as it does because of Goku's expression, the aura, and the emphasis on his muscles. The same could have been said about SSJG if they hadn't decided to completely troll us.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Yeaaah...can’t say I’m much of a fan. As others have pointed out, it kind of just looks like Super Saipan God with white hair. I would’ve preferred that they just kept the current look for Ultra Instinct. Still, gotta sell those toys I guess.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

""" I'm not accusing you of doing so, but I've seen some members on this site being very quick to say "this probably wasn't in Toriyama's outline" or "this is probably anime-exclusive" when they don't like something in the anime """
Hmmmm, well, thank you both for your inputs. I feel like this is a perfect example of Toei modifying Toriyama's vision. In the past, we have not had concrete evidence either way, but now, in the same picture, it shows this.

This is making me think that "UI hair" was not supposed to exist -- that UI Goku should have had SSGod hair style and Mastered UI Goku also should have SSGod hair style.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Yeaaah...can’t say I’m much of a fan. As others have pointed out, it kind of just looks like Super Saipan God with white hair. I would’ve preferred that they just kept the current look for Ultra Instinct. Still, gotta sell those toys I guess.
What we had been seeing wasnt UI though. It was OMEN. This is the true form and transformation. Its called mastered UI. You couldnt have just kept "the same look" for a new transformation

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:36 pm

I don’t see how people think this is a ssg recolored, when it clearly has a different type of hair. The hair is the same as UI omen, just silver. In my opinion, the preview made the form look gorgeous.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:Can’t believe I defended this series for 3 years. Just end already, I didn’t think the end could get any worse.
It's pretty lit, fam.
Yep. I like it a lot. I can't wait to see it in action. Gonna be so hype. Son Goku baby!

I'm surprised that so called Dragon Ball fans who watch Super weekly who post on forums about it, are always so negative, and always shitting on most things

It honestly perplexes me. Just stop watching it then.

I get having a critical point of view. I have many myself.

But stuff like, "Thrash. The series need to die now. More stupid recolor bullshit. Awful"...yeah that's not criticism. That's straight up trolling/hate. I thought posts like that weren't allowed? The negativity is honestly getting annoying.
Feel free to look through my post defending Super since episode one. I can also link you to all my social media so you can see it there too. Matter fact, I’m going to personally message you a 5 paragraph essay on everything I like about Super, just so YOU can know I’m not a hater.

I wouldn’t watch a show every week if I thought it was trash. Haven’t watched this weeks episode yet either because of everything that’s come out today. I’ll get around to it but all my excitement is gone. The last 4/5 episodes have all been nothing but confirmation on everything the real Super haters have said the last 3 years and this makes it even worse.

But feel free to like it, I don’t recall ever saying you couldn’t.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 pm

8bitdee wrote:but also now it also makes UI ANOTHER TRANSFORMATION, where before it was implied to simply be a STATE of perfect martial arts instinct (that's why his hair was back to black, he was not using any transformation, he was simply letting his body fighting instinctively).
Goku has to transform in order to use the Ultra Instinct technique. Changing in physical appearance is transformation.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 am

Drellz26 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
RedHeat wrote: It's pretty lit, fam.
Yep. I like it a lot. I can't wait to see it in action. Gonna be so hype. Son Goku baby!

I'm surprised that so called Dragon Ball fans who watch Super weekly who post on forums about it, are always so negative, and always shitting on most things

It honestly perplexes me. Just stop watching it then.

I get having a critical point of view. I have many myself.

But stuff like, "Thrash. The series need to die now. More stupid recolor bullshit. Awful"...yeah that's not criticism. That's straight up trolling/hate. I thought posts like that weren't allowed? The negativity is honestly getting annoying.
Feel free to look through my post defending Super since episode one. I can also link you to all my social media so you can see it there too. Matter fact, I’m going to personally message you a 5 paragraph essay on everything I like about Super, just so YOU can know I’m not a hater.

I wouldn’t watch a show every week if I thought it was trash. Haven’t watched this weeks episode yet either because of everything that’s come out today. I’ll get around to it but all my excitement is gone. The last 4/5 episodes have all been nothing but confirmation on everything the real Super haters have said the last 3 years and this makes it even worse.

But feel free to like it, I don’t recall ever saying you couldn’t.
I never called you one. I wasnt talking about you. I was just agreeing with the response to you and speaking in general

You are free to feel how ever you like: ) I hope episode 129 turns you around: ) The preview of Mastered UI Goku in the anime looked amazing

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am

Not a fan, but I can at least say it's a gazillion times better than Toriyama's version.

I really hate that they're already replacing the awesome looking Omen form.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:52 am

Eh I don't like it too much. I prefer the Omen. Wish they just took that form and detailed it a bit more.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:29 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Pleasantly surprised you remembered that :lol:

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:52 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Pleasantly surprised you remembered that :lol:
I really like what you said. I feel like it rings true here. It seems Toriyama never intended to have "UI hair". So, as far as we know, UI Goku could easily have been intended to have SSGod hair.

We can't confirm or deny that UI Goku was not intended by Toriyama, but based on his Mastered UI, it seems the hair was intended to be SSGod style.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I don’t see how people think this is a ssg recolored, when it clearly has a different type of hair. The hair is the same as UI omen, just silver. In my opinion, the preview made the form look gorgeous.
The hair is definitely not the same as UI Omen, it literally is just Goku's normal hair, but white. You can see the differences very clearly here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]