Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by julianix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15 pm

That should of been Gohan everyone knows it. White hair..come on.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:40 pm

julianix wrote:That should of been Gohan everyone knows it. White hair..come on.
Don't worry, we'll get Gohan Calvo soon
Get Fucked, C_unt

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:30 pm

This looks so incredible

Goku's mastered UI form is going to look and feel mind blowing

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:This looks so incredible

While it looks awesome, it'll barely have an impact when the show ends two episodes after it's first shown.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
KinguKurimuzon wrote:Another one? Really? Isn't this like the 5th or 6th new transformation we've gotten within the past two arcs? There's been so much overexposure to new forms in the past few years that I just can't get excited for this stuff anymore, especially when their designs are so uninteresting and uninspired.
Just want to comment this kind of reaction. In Z we had litterly every arc a transformation after the saiyen saga and now in Super you have problems with that?

Namek: ssj
Android/Cell: ssj2
Buu: ssj3 and Mystic Gohan

Beerus saga and RoF (The movie came with this not the anime) ssj god and ssj blue

U6 vs u7 saga: none

Zamasu sag: none

Universal survival saga: technically only 2 transformation hyper blue Vegeta and mastering UI (normal UI is a new form but it will be gone after Goku Mastered UI so its part of the Silver/white transformation.

So whats your problem again?
Not to mention all the various grade forms in the Cell arc, too.
Black Saga had SSJ Rage.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
Just want to comment this kind of reaction. In Z we had litterly every arc a transformation after the saiyen saga and now in Super you have problems with that?

Namek: ssj
Android/Cell: ssj2
Buu: ssj3 and Mystic Gohan

Beerus saga and RoF (The movie came with this not the anime) ssj god and ssj blue

U6 vs u7 saga: none

Zamasu sag: none

Universal survival saga: technically only 2 transformation hyper blue Vegeta and mastering UI (normal UI is a new form but it will be gone after Goku Mastered UI so its part of the Silver/white transformation.

So whats your problem again?
Not to mention all the various grade forms in the Cell arc, too.
Black Saga had SSJ Rage.
It was treated as SS2 in merch so I'm not treating it a new form.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Not to mention all the various grade forms in the Cell arc, too.
Black Saga had SSJ Rage.
Except then you can't count Grade 2 and 3 as a new form either. They arent really new forms. Grade 2 and Grade 3 are just bufer, and Grde 4/ Full Power is just SSJ1. Cant exclude one and include the other

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

New trailer of zenoverse 2 showing off mastered UI Goku

https://youtu.be/9uL0wRBVuA0

Looks incredible. It's like it physically hurts that I can't play this right now lol

I want it so bad lol.

Notice it ends with MUI Goku doing some kind of new one hand energy attack.

Hmmm...

Could we see that in the anime?

Could that be a signature attack of MUI Goku?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:This looks so incredible

While it looks awesome, it'll barely have an impact when the show ends two episodes after it's first shown.
It will push Goku above Jiren. That's a huge impact. Never mind the greater impact MUI had if/when Goku beats Jiren

Also, just because Super is ending doesnt mean it(Dragon Ball) can't and won't come back later next year where we get more of Goku's glorious mastered UI form in action

Super is one of the most popular animes in history. It makes wayyy took much money for it not to come back or for Dragon Ball to not continue again

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: It will push Goku above Jiren. That's a huge impact. Never mind the greater impact MUI had if/when Goku beats Jiren

Also, just because Super is ending doesnt mean it(Dragon Ball) can't and won't come back later next year where we get more of Goku's glorious mastered UI form in action

Super is one of the most popular animes in history. It makes wayyy took much money for it not to come back or for Dragon Ball to not continue again
No shit. I never said DB is ending for good. I'm saying they introduced Mastered UI way too late. "LOOK AT THIS COOL NEW FORM LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL STUFF IT CAN DO" (final fight is rushed then series ends.)

Imagine if Goku turned SSJ3 for the very first time at very end of Episode 285 of Z, and then Kid Buu died in 286. Z ends in 291, two of which are filler episodes. It would be crap

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: It will push Goku above Jiren. That's a huge impact. Never mind the greater impact MUI had if/when Goku beats Jiren

No shit. I never said DB is ending for good. I'm saying they introduced Mastered UI way too late. "LOOK AT THIS COOL NEW FORM LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL STUFF IT CAN DO" (final fight is rushed then series ends.)

Imagine if Goku turned SSJ3 for the very first time at very end of Episode 285 of Z, and then Kid Buu died in 286. Z ends in 291, two of which are filler episodes. It would be crap
Relax.

You said it will barely have any impact when the show ends...

The fact is, in the 2 episodes it will be showcased in, it will have a huge impact. Just reading episode spoilers alone will tell you this

And when you say "when the show ends" I'm just saying that it is likely coming back. That's all

And that when it does come back, you bet we will be seeing more of MUI Goku in action: ) It will be glorious !

The form will be showcased a lot in Dragon Ball, period

Very interestingly, I wonder if the new movie will showcase MUI Goku too or even just show MUI Goku

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: You need to calm down and be more respectful. No need for that kind of tone.

The fact is, in the 2 episodes it will be showcased in, it will have a huge impact. Just reading episode spoilers alone will tell you this

And when you say "when the show ends" I'm just saying that it is likely coming back. That's all

And that when it does come back, you bet we will be seeing more of MUI Goku in action: ) It will be glorious !

Very interestingly, I wonder if the new movie will showcase this at all or show MUI Goku
Buddy if you think I was angry by "no shit" then I dont know what to tell you. Spoilers hype things up because they're spoilers.Execution matters, which has completely failed in this arc a lot. Clearly it'll come back. I'm saying for Super right now. if it comes back 2 years from now, great. But that's still 2 years of a lasting impact, whether it's good or bad.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: You need to calm down and be more respectful. No need for that kind of tone.

Very interestingly, I wonder if the new movie will showcase this at all or show MUI Goku
Buddy if you think I was angry by "no shit" then I dont know what to tell you. Spoilers hype things up because they're spoilers.Execution matters, which has completely failed in this arc a lot. Clearly it'll come back. I'm saying for Super right now. if it comes back 2 years from now, great. But that's still 2 years of a lasting impact, whether it's good or bad.
When it comes to UI, most would agreed that Super executed it fine. Not to mention ‘completely failed a lot’ is extremely subjective especially here. 126 is widely hated here, but I have seen people call it one of the best episodes in the franchise.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:

The way Goku awakened Omen in 128 wasn't amazing to you?

I thought it was executed amazingly.

And the preview of MUI Goku at the end of the episode looked incredible.

It's going to be awesome: )

Toei wouldn't be bringing out all their top guns for episodes 130 and 131 if they werent intent on executing with emph and ending Super on the highest note possible with Son Goku and Son Goku's new legendary form

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:11 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Toei wouldn't be bringing out all their top guns for episodes 130 and 131 if they werent intent on executing with emph and ending Super on the highest note possible with Son Goku and Son Goku's new legendary form

We don’t know the staff for 130 or 131.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

When it comes to UI, most would agreed that Super executed it fine. Not to mention ‘completely failed a lot’ is extremely subjective especially here. 126 is widely hated here, but I have seen people call it one of the best episodes in the franchise.
Beautifully well stated

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

We don’t know the staff for 130 or 131.
Very true. I should wait to make a statement like that.

Its just been assumed due to who hasnt done episodes yet, who would likely be left/available. Anime ejay said as much recently too.

I feel they wouldnt even be hyping MUI Goku this much if they werent prepared to do it justice

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Black Saga had SSJ Rage.
Except then you can't count Grade 2 and 3 as a new form either. They arent really new forms. Grade 2 and Grade 3 are just bufer, and Grde 4/ Full Power is just SSJ1. Cant exclude one and include the other
That is fairs. Guess I'll concede that then.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Aesthetically, the new hair color utterly ruins it. The black hair was the main thing I liked about the design before. Toriyama's design that was shown is particularly uninspired and bland.

Narratively, more pointless transformations that only exist to sell merchandise are fucking awful. Why does this show have to end on the stupidest possible shit to happen in the entire damn history of Dragon Ball? Pisses me off.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Aesthetically, the new hair color utterly ruins it. The black hair was the main thing I liked about the design before. Toriyama's design that was shown is particularly uninspired and bland.

Narratively, more pointless transformations that only exist to sell merchandise are fucking awful. Why does this show have to end on the stupidest possible shit to happen in the entire damn history of Dragon Ball? Pisses me off.
And howw would you like it to end??? With just a old school technique beating Jiren? Ui instinct was part of mastering Ui. So sooner or later this form was coming ( for god sake they where teasing it since the beginning of Super, thats a master piece of story telling. Goku has to win because its a Kids show its not titanic. And besides last time Goku won was like I dont know when. They can have 100 situations of ending the show but like always there are people like you complaining (thats not bad but pointless because YOU CAN'T ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU WANT) so deal with it or not because complaining does not help at this point ( the story is already written and animated.