Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by thegamer23 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Aesthetically, the new hair color utterly ruins it. The black hair was the main thing I liked about the design before. Toriyama's design that was shown is particularly uninspired and bland.

Narratively, more pointless transformations that only exist to sell merchandise are fucking awful. Why does this show have to end on the stupidest possible shit to happen in the entire damn history of Dragon Ball? Pisses me off.
Actually, it seems that UI Omen (black hair) was just introduced for the Anime Fans & to sell more merchandise.

There are no official sketches of it by Toryama (same as Super Saiyan Rage in the Future Trunks Arc or Goku SSJBlue Kaioken), contrary to the Ultra Instinct Mastered. (silver hairs).

We have to wait for the manga, but it seems that they will go straight to the Mastered Form, wich is the "real" one.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 am

thegamer23 wrote:Actually, it seems that UI Omen (black hair) was just introduced for the Anime Fans & to sell more merchandise.

There are no official sketches of it by Toryama (same as Super Saiyan Rage in the Future Trunks Arc or Goku SSJBlue Kaioken), contrary to the Ultra Instinct Mastered. (silver hairs).

We have to wait for the manga.
Manga is not a sign that it came from Toriyama though. There is no official sketches for Super Saiyan God Vegeta, Vegetto (and in these both cases, they're all from Toyotaro, as confirmed by Toriyama himself) and certainly many other concepts that appeared only in the manga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:53 am

thegamer23 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Aesthetically, the new hair color utterly ruins it. The black hair was the main thing I liked about the design before. Toriyama's design that was shown is particularly uninspired and bland.

Narratively, more pointless transformations that only exist to sell merchandise are fucking awful. Why does this show have to end on the stupidest possible shit to happen in the entire damn history of Dragon Ball? Pisses me off.
Actually, it seems that UI Omen (black hair) was just introduced for the Anime Fans & to sell more merchandise.

We have to wait for the manga, but it seems that they will go straight to the Mastered Form, wich is the "real" one.
Well that's just not true. "Omen" merchandising has begun more or less the same time as UI and in comparison "Omen" barely has anything and for what significant it does it's aimed at the HC fandom ie not something kids can just pick up.

UI proper was the form they were always gonna market and Merch hence why "Omen" was barely merch'd for 6 months after it's debut and after 11 months debut of "Omen" it will still be in the "barely" category.

The arc started in Feb 17. Still waiting for 90% of the ToP fighters to be merch'd, still waiting for gods and angels too. 9 months and counting for Vegeta's new form and nothing. Still waiting for SSG Goku to be properly merch'd beyond just f**king mini keychains.

I thought this arc was supposed to be "merchandising the arc!" What happened?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am

Grimlock wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:Actually, it seems that UI Omen (black hair) was just introduced for the Anime Fans & to sell more merchandise.

Manga is not a sign that it came from Toriyama though. There is no official sketches for Super Saiyan God Vegeta, Vegetto (and in these both cases, they're all from Toyotaro, as confirmed by Toriyama himself) and certainly many other concepts that appeared only in the manga.
The point is that if it's in both anime and manga it likely came from Toriyama. There are a couple of exceptions (Vegetto and his Final Kamehameha - also several elements of the Trunks arc that are manga-only but confirmed to be from Toriyama, like SSJ Black and Merged Zamasu having a time limit), but it works well enough as a general rule.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 am

The Heroes trailer still doesn't give that good of a look to MUI. Except for that shot which we already saw in the previous teaser, you can barely make out anything. Guess we really have to wait for another week to see it in decent fashion anywhere.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

The point is that if it's in both anime and manga it likely came from Toriyama. There are a couple of exceptions (Vegetto and his Final Kamehameha - also several elements of the Trunks arc that are manga-only but confirmed to be from Toriyama, like SSJ Black and Merged Zamasu having a time limit), but it works well enough as a general rule.
But why does it matter? Why does something being or not being in this mysterious outline we don't and never will see matter so much? Toriyama has no special credit for DBS beyond his generic "original creator" one. DBS isn't his product.

If Toriyama was so bothered he'd come back and write the Manga himself but he's happy to let Toei and Toyo do what they want. Why do fans want to play detective and sleuth what's on the outline, it's a pointless exercise as it means nothing.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Just ONE MORE WEEK until the Perfected Ultra Instinct makes itself known.

Although I wish the hair didn't change colour, I'll learn to get used to it and maybe even love it.

Think it'll only show up at the end and set up the next episode, or will we get it in action briefly?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
But why does it matter? Why does something being or not being in this mysterious outline we don't and never will see matter so much? Toriyama has no special credit for DBS beyond his generic "original creator" one. DBS isn't his product.

If Toriyama was so bothered he'd come back and write the Manga himself but he's happy to let Toei and Toyo do what they want. Why do fans want to play detective and sleuth what's on the outline, it's a pointless exercise as it means nothing.
Super is his product since he wrote the story that the outline is based on, not Toei nor Toyo. It's just combine effect of Toei and Toyo like the last two movies. It isn't one or another.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Neon Z wrote: The point is that if it's in both anime and manga it likely came from Toriyama. There are a couple of exceptions (Vegetto and his Final Kamehameha - also several elements of the Trunks arc that are manga-only but confirmed to be from Toriyama, like SSJ Black and Merged Zamasu having a time limit), but it works well enough as a general rule.

Super is his product since he wrote the story that the outline is based on, not Toei nor Toyo. It's just combine effect of Toei and Toyo like the last two movies. It isn't one or another.
He also helped Toei a lot back in the day with fillers and movies but that doesn't stop people dubbing those as Toei only.

This is no different Toriyama is coming up with concepts and designs just like he was back in the day. Only difference is fans want to put a massive emphasis on his name for DBS. Like they can only enjoy something if it was in the outline.

Edit- UI is fact alone this isn't a Toriyama product otherwise his shitty design would have made it but it didn't thus proving this is a Toei product.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: But why does it matter? Why does something being or not being in this mysterious outline we don't and never will see matter so much? Toriyama has no special credit for DBS beyond his generic "original creator" one. DBS isn't his product.

He also helped Toei a lot back in the day with fillers and movies but that doesn't stop people dubbing those as Toei only.

This is no different Toriyama is coming up with concepts and designs just like he was back in the day. Only difference is fans want to put a massive emphasis on his name for DBS. Like they can only enjoy something if it was in the outline.

Edit- UI is fact alone this isn't a Toriyama product otherwise his shitty design would have made it but it didn't thus proving this is a Toei product.
That really isn’t the same thing since for better and worst, Super wouldn’t exist without Toriyama. The filler would for Z since it was needed.

And UI was a combine effort too since Toriyama had yo OK the design. Also, even if we don’t like how UI looked with Toriyama the very idea about it was his starting from Resurrection ‘F’.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 pm

This could be the Ultra Instinct theme.
"Break the Limit", at 16:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cokp8WQfo

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:45 pm

thegamer23 wrote:This could be the Ultra Instinct theme.

I hope so. It would feel like a holy and strong moment.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: But why does it matter? Why does something being or not being in this mysterious outline we don't and never will see matter so much? Toriyama has no special credit for DBS beyond his generic "original creator" one. DBS isn't his product.

"Like they can only enjoy something if it was in the outline"

That's such a great point. I feel that's the main issue here. And I completely agree with you

The fact that Yamamuros/Toei's rendition of Goku's new mastered UI form looks sooo much better is proof that not everything by Toriyama is better just because it's by Toriyama.

Really good post baggie: )

I'm happy there are posters like you. Really enjoy your posts and appreciate all the contributions you make. You made my thread a great thread, when everyone else was too busy trying to shut me down for even suggesting that Goku was getting a new form. I appreciate how you turned the thread around for me into a great thread: )

I really hope you don't let all the negativity and cynicism around Super prevent you from posting. Please don't let it change your positivity: )

Can't wait for 129 my brother. Son Goku baby! Are you excited?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:34 am

Its nice

It gives off such a feeling of "Ths is it. Son Goku has finally achieved and will rise. Witness the legend of Son Goku"

Goku's mastered UI transformation is going to be bone chiling epic. Probably one of the most inconic scenes ever in Dragon Ball/anime IMO

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:06 am

Sound godly,and i hope they use it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 am

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:

That really isn’t the same thing since for better and worst, Super wouldn’t exist without Toriyama. The filler would for Z since it was needed.

And UI was a combine effort too since Toriyama had yo OK the design. Also, even if we don’t like how UI looked with Toriyama the very idea about it was his starting from Resurrection ‘F’.
Toriyama isn't funding DBS, Toei would most definitely still made a new series regardless of his involvement.

Perhaps I should re-phrase it isn't a pure Toriyama product like his Manga and that fans need to stop treating it as such, that is all I am trying to get at.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 am

Draconic wrote:The Heroes trailer still doesn't give that good of a look to MUI. Except for that shot which we already saw in the previous teaser, you can barely make out anything. Guess we really have to wait for another week to see it in decent fashion anywhere.
Yeah that’s what i already said in the other thread. It sucks and here i thought we would get something nice to be able to get through the week properly, but nope, looks like Toei is back to it’s old tricks again, bad marketing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Toriyama isn't funding DBS, Toei would most definitely still made a new series regardless of his involvement.

Perhaps I should re-phrase it isn't a pure Toriyama product like his Manga and that fans need to stop treating it as such, that is all I am trying to get at.
What does funding have to do with the fact that Toriyama literally makes the story that Super is based on? Toei and Toyo are only filling gaps, but the bones belong to Toriyama.

I never said it was pure Toriyama, I said it was a collaboration. It is Toriyama's story and characters, with Toei and Toyo filling in the story.
Kanassa wrote:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Gameplay of MUI Goku

https://youtu.be/b6zC5DZ3xs4

Looks amazing. That massive one handed blast is called "meteor strike"...hmmmm? Could that be the finishing blow on Jiren? Note the move list of MUI Goku "soaring fist"...and "surging spirit"...Very interesting

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:59 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Gameplay of MUI Goku

https://youtu.be/b6zC5DZ3xs4

Looks amazing. That massive one handed blast is called "meteor strike"...hmmmm? Could that be the finishing blow on Jiren? Note the move list of MUI Goku "soaring fist"...and "surging spirit"...Very interesting
The blast is actually part of the Godly Display ultimate attack. Basically the whole thing with the flips is part of it. Can't wait to see that in the anime!

Also, I recommend not watching those videos for anyone wanting to get some surprises when the episode airs. Let's just say that UI Goku is pretty different from the regular one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW