Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:10 am

Asura wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I don’t see how people think this is a ssg recolored, when it clearly has a different type of hair. The hair is the same as UI omen, just silver. In my opinion, the preview made the form look gorgeous.
The hair is definitely not the same as UI Omen, it literally is just Goku's normal hair, but white. You can see the differences very clearly here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, Yamamuros rendition is definenrly not "Goku's normal hair just white"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 am

Another look at Ultra Instinct Goku:

How can anyone not think this is dope?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Another look at Ultra Instinct Goku:

That's looks Fn freaking incredible. Wow. I need these now. When can I buy lol ?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:53 am

^ also it's going to look even more incredible in the anime when animated

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:08 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Another look at Ultra Instinct Goku:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

That's looks Fn freaking incredible. Wow. I need these now. When can I buy lol ?
The first one will be released overseas later in the year however the second one will remain exclusive to Japan since only each store can carry 2 and it's a new Goku form I suspect it's gonna be highly sought after so the MV of the figure could get pretty high. But since it's an IBK lottery it's still chance based but the odds of getting that UI Goku are 2.81%.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 am

8bitdee wrote:Well that's disappointing.

Not only is the design horrible, but also now it also makes UI ANOTHER TRANSFORMATION, where before it was implied to simply be a STATE of perfect martial arts instinct (that's why his hair was back to black, he was not using any transformation, he was simply letting his body fighting instinctively).

Oh well.

Tune in on 2019, when we'll see Goku uses the power of a SSJ while in UI to become Mastered Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan!

UI Omen was always called a form, but fans just ignored it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Boku no Hitto

Post by Boku no Hitto » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 am

I fucking LOVE that he has his original ssj build!! That the best and most ideal body style for goku in a ttransformation to me. He just looks like 100% BEAST! Not too muscular. Not too thin. Just. Fucking. RIGHT!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:58 am

Man we were so close to SSJ5 :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote: I really like what you said. I feel like it rings true here. It seems Toriyama never intended to have "UI hair". So, as far as we know, UI Goku could easily have been intended to have SSGod hair.

We can't confirm or deny that UI Goku was not intended by Toriyama, but based on his Mastered UI, it seems the hair was intended to be SSGod style.
I'm trying to use logic here, since we not just usually but always get Toriyama's scans of designs posted when something new appears, and I've been looking everywhere for info on who designed UI Omen, there's nothing. Same was for Trunks' Rage thing and Vegeta's random Blue form. I think it's safe to assume that Mastered UI was the only thing provided to the Toei staff a year ago. I wonder how Toyotaro will handle this :think:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 am

So we know that Toei changed Tori's design adding muscles and flowing hair. Do you guys think Toyotaro will do the same? Or will he stick to Toriyama's recolored SSG? I think he should use Yammamuro's version because it will be far more recognizible
Get Fucked, C_unt

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Another look at Ultra Instinct Goku:

How can anyone not think this is dope?[/spoiler]
That does indeed look great :D
Hopefully we keep getting better and better showcases of UI, since it's still two weeks away in the show so it's hard to think we won't get anything. That Heroes scan was terrible and Yamamuro's drawing suffers from his usual Lego hair syndrome, so those two together made for quite a piss poor reveal.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 am

Draconic wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Another look at Ultra Instinct Goku:

How can anyone not think this is dope?[/spoiler]
That does indeed look great :D
Hopefully we keep getting better and better showcases of UI, since it's still two weeks away in the show so it's hard to think we won't get anything. That Heroes scan was terrible and Yamamuro's drawing suffers from his usual Lego hair syndrome, so those two together made for quite a piss poor reveal.
Should have revealed it next month period. NEP didn't even reveal it just teased it.

Would have been amazing experiencing it in episode.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 am

That is going to look AWESOME in the anime. Muscular, Angry Goku with the Killing Namek Eye, & white-ish hairs.
Last edited by thegamer23 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 am

Personally, I think I would've preferred if the silver-eyes thing was emphasized and changed instead of the hair.

Something like the silver irises taking over Goku's eyes completely, like Goku Black when he goes SSR except they're the steel-grey-silver colour.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am

thegamer23 wrote:Image

That is going to look AWESOME in the anime. Muscular, Angry Goku with the Killing Namek Eye, & white-ish hairs.
Soooooo freaking badass

Goku looks godly. Son Goku, here we go !

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 am

The art version of UI looks awful and dull, we haven't seen it animated yet and the transformation scene in the NEP isn't showing how it looks like at all so I can't comment on it but the toy look good, the color looks more platinum than dull gray.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 am

Asura wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I don’t see how people think this is a ssg recolored, when it clearly has a different type of hair. The hair is the same as UI omen, just silver. In my opinion, the preview made the form look gorgeous.
The hair is definitely not the same as UI Omen, it literally is just Goku's normal hair, but white. You can see the differences very clearly here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Umm no. The hair is the same as UI omen, just silver. You do know that toriyamas ssg recolor is not the one that’s going to be used right?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:46 am

I had some other alternative ideas for the Perfected Ultra Instinct, again mainly for Goku's eyes and not his hair.

This one would have Goku's sclera become silvery-steel in colour instead of their normal white, and his pupils would become white.

Another one would be his eyes permanently being lit up with that white and blue glow that his eyebrows and hair have in the NEP, presumably shortly before he gets the actual show's hair colour change.

A third idea actually would have to do with his hair, but only in its shape. His hair would become spikier, as if his hair is almost on the verge of attaining the shape of Super Saiyan but not quite yet.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote: I really like what you said. I feel like it rings true here. It seems Toriyama never intended to have "UI hair". So, as far as we know, UI Goku could easily have been intended to have SSGod hair.

We can't confirm or deny that UI Goku was not intended by Toriyama, but based on his Mastered UI, it seems the hair was intended to be SSGod style.
I'm trying to use logic here, since we not just usually but always get Toriyama's scans of designs posted when something new appears, and I've been looking everywhere for info on who designed UI Omen, there's nothing. Same was for Trunks' Rage thing and Vegeta's random Blue form. I think it's safe to assume that Mastered UI was the only thing provided to the Toei staff a year ago. I wonder how Toyotaro will handle this :think:
That's a very fair point, hmmmm. Since we are on the topic, I cannot figure out if Mastered UI has white hair, gray hair, or silver hair. What is the color?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:35 pm

IMO the color of the hair is Gray/Grey/Silver white would have been rendered much differently

This picture (fan made Gohan Blanco) of how white really looks like for Dragon Ball. Migatte no Gokui mastered is silverish/gray/grey.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu